The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as folks want to say it should have been obvious, not a lot of folks really hyped Luka like that in the moment

There wasn't even a strong movement for him to go #1 let alone loud outrage in the moment that he didn't go #1

Ahhhh some people were shocked he didn’t go 1 or even 2. I know I was - along with some other NBA talking heads as well.

But it wasn’t a “national” outcry - I’d agree there.

Why the souring? I think I saw something about his shot selection but wasn't sure if there was other stuff

Combination of things.

1. Other guys caught up. Which is usually the case with the grade-school phenom types.

2. Helicopter dad may have stunted his growth a bit. Pulled Emoni out of his HS and created a HS. Emoni has never really been coached by someone else until now @ Memphis. Bad habits went unchecked. Really....really bad body language quite often.

3. Don't know if he's done growing or not....but his current measurements are cause for concern. He's 6'9 with a 6'7 wingspan.

4. 17 or not....he's struggling @ Memphis right now.

Still going to be a lottery pick more than likely...but he's not who many thought he was.

IMO The archetype of Emoni is one of the more dangerous ones in prep basketball

The skinny 6'9 mini KD's are soooo tough to gauge because in theory, they should be incredible. The idea of them is great.

More often than not though, they end up being too small to play upfront, and too big and not good enough with the handle to play in the backcourt. They end up being like Anthony Randolph and what not.

The negative wingspan hurts him especially around the rim, but he's young. He's young enough to play himself out of the lottery and back into the lottery next year when he's eligible.

Ahhhh some people were shocked he didn’t go 1 or even 2. I know I was - along with some other NBA talking heads as well.

But it wasn’t a “national” outcry - I’d agree there.
Overall I guess I mean the hype wasn't so crazy on him. I mean I don't remember which people were shocked he didn't go #1

But yeah he was def a name people were asking about and learning about.. but even in here, the smart draft folks weren't hyping him up to be generational or anything like that (if I'm wrong then let me know). They were high on him but not like franchise changing caliber

Did the Draftexpress guys say he'd be generational ? or on that level?

IMO The archetype of Emoni is one of the more dangerous ones in prep basketball

The skinny 6'9 mini KD's are soooo tough to gauge because in theory, they should be incredible. The idea of them is great.

More often than not though, they end up being too small to play upfront, and too big and not good enough with the handle to play in the backcourt. They end up being like Anthony Randolph and what not.

The negative wingspan hurts him especially around the rim, but he's young. He's young enough to play himself out of the lottery and back into the lottery next year when he's eligible.
I remember MPJ being pretty hyped in HS, Bates took that archetype and the hype to the next level though

Corny Jackie Moon persona
Crying about not being on top 75 list
Fake sulking on the bench after games

You & BIG LEEMELONE BIG LEEMELONE

6C1C981B-B9A2-44A8-8B47-D74AA021A44E.jpeg

FEAR & HATE come from the same source. 🔥🔥

As much as folks want to say it should have been obvious, not a lot of folks really hyped Luka like that in the moment

There wasn't even a strong movement for him to go #1 let alone loud outrage in the moment that he didn't go #1
EYE remember the talk about Luka
Lot of people aint wanna believe he'd be that nice in the US
Like he'd just leave all his skill behind in Europe
Truth be told I didn't even think he'd be THIS nice
Thought he'd be like a solid 2nd or 3rd option but the kid is prodigious

MPJR is another one. Good call. Before the back stuff really got into full swing he was definitely billed in that mold.
Bates was the perfect storm for the the advancing of hyper focus on preps ala Mikey Williams, plus with skill and height. I remember whole *** films and docs on Bates

But like was mentioned, the wingspan and eventual other factors catching up proved what's what

I mean I don't know prep hoops like that but could it be argued that MPJ was actually the better prospect going into their senior year HS careers?

This conversation is making me think freeze freeze was wildin with his done with the NBA after Bron n 'em retire comment. It's going to be fun to see who has next and what teams are formed from this group of young stars like Luka, LaMelo, Ja, Ant, (maybe) Zion, etc.

Overall I guess I mean the hype wasn't so crazy on him. I mean I don't remember which people were shocked he didn't go #1

But yeah he was def a name people were asking about and learning about.. but even in here, the smart draft folks weren't hyping him up to be generational or anything like that (if I'm wrong then let me know). They were high on him but not like franchise changing caliber

Did the Draftexpress guys say he'd be generational ? or on that level?

NT isn’t a real place.

People said Lonzo would be better than Luka. So I don’t know what was going on in here. :lol:

EYE remember the talk about Luka
Lot of people aint wanna believe he'd be that nice in the US
Like he'd just leave all his skill behind in Europe
Truth be told I didn't even think he'd be THIS nice
Right. I felt like he'd be at least Turk, but his shooting was an issue and still is actually

NT isn’t a real place. People said Lonzo would be better than Luka. So I don’t know what was going on in here. :lol:
Well, there's a hell of a lot of smart folks in here (the Draft Thread) who pay a hell of a lot of attention to prep and overseas hoops. I trust them more than anyone else besides DraftExpress

You gotta show some respect bro lol

Well, there's a hell of a lot of smart folks in here (the Draft Thread) who pay a hell of a lot of attention to prep and overseas hoops. I trust them more than anyone else besides DraftExpress

You gotta show some respect bro lol

Honestly I wasn’t paying attention to that thread. I just remember someone in here posting links from that thread from a specific person that was hilarious :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom