The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Because they are getting swabbed and tested. It isn’t “oh so and so just coughed lets put them in protocol”

I meant more in a general sense, as if a regular person posted it. I get its Bron and you could infer he means the players get in protocol but just off first thoughts was just another dude posting a covid meme. Didnt even notice it was Bron when I saw it on my feed at first. Was just like yep, all them symptoms the same.

This dude is so lame

Even if Bron was it’s still dumb because they’re all in HASP due to having covid, not the flu

Even if the symptoms are similar, the outcome from someone catching covid obviously is not so I don’t even know what point he’s trying to make. Is he saying we should treat covid with NBA players the same as the flu?

Like the world is so much bigger than the peak athletes in the league who get covid and even Embiid and Tobias said they thought they weren’t going to make it after catching it.

at the very least they should be well aware a crap ton of people have died

and then either they themselves or someone close to them should be well aware of the absurd costs for health care in far too many places around the world

I mean, I do think we tend to overrate an athlete or celeb’s influence on matters such as these so it’s not that serious or deep tbh

It’s just bizarre and kind of dangerous that regular people still believe this given the info out there and the people that have died from covid.

I mean, I do think we tend to overrate an athlete or celeb’s influence on matters such as these so it’s not that serious or deep tbh

It’s just bizarre and kind of dangerous that regular people still believe this given the info out there and the people that have died from covid.

my thing is, as far as athletes

lebron clearly goes to experts when needed and has access to whichever expert he wants on numerous subject matters.. Something happens to his Achilles, dude can have dr James Andrews on the phone in mins.. dude need a top tier trainer or nutritionist, could have them on the phone in mins

i just don’t get why now on this you got people I wouldn’t consider dumb to be talking shh like this

like Aaron Rodgers could probably speak directly with dr fauci.. but he’s listening to joe rogan.. dr fauci has been working with and in infectious diseases almost as long as rogan has been alive and rogan didn’t even graduate from college

my thing is, as far as athletes

lebron clearly goes to experts when needed and has access to whichever expert he wants on numerous subject matters.. Something happens to his Achilles, dude can have dr James Andrews on the phone in mins.. dude need a top tier trainer or nutritionist, could have them on the phone in mins

i just don’t get why now on this you got people I wouldn’t consider dumb to be talking shh like this

like Aaron Rodgers could probably speak directly with dr fauci.. but he’s listening to joe rogan.. dr fauci has been working with and in infectious diseases almost as long as rogan has been alive and rogan didn’t even graduate from college

Yeah that **** hella weird

A big part of how our society works is trust. We all can’t be experts at everything. No he is going yo tell Bron how to hoop, no one is going to tell your local plumber how to fix your toilet, our Society works on trust.

Def weird how the entire medical community, even trump is advocating for the vaccine, and is telling you how serious covid is and yet we have millions of people who it’s no expertise on the matter saying “nah it’s just like the flu” 😂😂

Yeah that **** hella weird

A big part of how our society works is trust. We all can’t be experts at everything. No he is going yo tell Bron how to hoop, no one is going to tell your local plumber how to fix your toilet, our Society works on trust.

Def weird how the entire medical community, even trump is advocating for the vaccine, and is telling you how serious covid is and yet we have millions of people who it’s no expertise on the matter saying “nah it’s just like the flu” 😂😂

but even with the flu, work is done they study what is coming and then make a shoot to help mitigate how bad things can get

but nothing about this is new other than the levels of stupidity

you can look throughout history to see outbreaks have happened

but as far as athletes go, they pull, tear, strain or break something guess who they going to listen to

hell, let something happen to their cars and look how quick they are to call someone with some legit expertise

267614422_5434434293251717_5170241886539200320_n.jpg

You guys seem super disappointed in LeBron.

Bro, he never wanted to be vaxxed in the first place. This isn’t surprising one bit.

Corporate executives are the most overpaid profession. Not athletes. If anything most of them are underpaid relative to the value they generate.

true. they are the biggest scumbags of the earth.

While there are several examples you can point to, American corporate executives are not a monolith. Looking at Based Jesus Based Jesus ‘s comment, I think it may be industry or even company but I don’t believe they are overpaid considering the number of folks they employ, the auxiliary benefits that provides to the communities where they decide to operate, knowledge and skills base they are developing, the value they are bringing to their customers, the value they provide to shareholders and global economy, impact of their products, etc. Not to mention that when things go awry their heads are the first to roll even if they didn’t have a hand in the malfeasance.

Beyond that, I feel part of the compensation is because of all of the sacrifices they put in which is some of what we discussed the other day (late nights, long hour, potentially poor treatment, missed commitments).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom