The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Allen Gets $70.9M Extension​

ARNIE STAPLETON February 11, 1999

MILWAUKEE (AP) _ Ray Allen’s wits match his wealth, a scary combination for agents, who might find themselves missing more megadeals across the NBA.

The Milwaukee Bucks’ thrifty guard negotiated his own six-year, $70.9 million contract extension, then brought in his team of low-priced advisors to OK the deal.

He’s got game. And he’s got smarts, too.

Allen, who starred alongside Denzel Washington last year in Spike Lee’s ``He Got Game,″ signed a deal nearly identical to those recently negotiated by agents for rising stars Kobe Bryant, Allen Iverson, Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Antoine Walker

idk what to believe but now they're saying the coaches were trying to get him to go back in and he was claiming to be injured... so they cut him on the spot

if true that's foul
Coach said it wasn't brought up (ankle) and I believe they just benched him at that time.

To add into context they've been pretty cautious with his injury leading up to this

Could AB be telling the truth? maybe. I'm going to take my information with a grain of salt from bro though just based off his erratic track record

Just retraced the Ray Allen trade for Gary Payton because of George Karl...

So the Bucks really traded Allen + Flip + 1st rounder (turned into Ridnour) for 28 games and a first round exit of Gary Payton

Only to have George Karl and Cassell also leave after the season

Got Damb

How much might Zion gonna command in his upcoming extension/s&t deal? Can’t be max but someone get him outta NO.

How much might Zion gonna command in his upcoming extension/s&t deal? Can’t be max but someone get him outta NO.

Why not? Despite the injuries and weight concerns there are undoubtedly multiple NBA teams that would gladly max him out and their fanbases would welcome it. The Knicks are definitely one.

its funny to see all these aspiring NBA GM non-sense Lakers TRADE from all Nters

remember it has to go through Bronnys final call :rofl:

Holy ****, what was the Members name that was the Celtic fan?
Can you Verify this?

shocked-appalled.gif

people jumping on Bulls bandwagon this early NBA season :rofl:

EAST has to go thru Bucks,Nets and Heat yes i said it The Miami Heat they are my sleeper with healthy Bam and Butler

Embiid doesn't have an agent does he? The top players don't need them really. Save that cash. The deal will be available with or without them.

Why not? Despite the injuries and weight concerns there are undoubtedly multiple NBA teams that would gladly max him out and their fanbases would welcome it. The Knicks are definitely one.
Both of those are major concerns that will give everyone pause. But u probably right. Some irresponsible GM will throw him max money max years.

Idk if NY still doing those deals lol.

Embiid doesn't have an agent does he? The top players don't need them really. Save that cash. The deal will be available with or without them.

I believe the story goes that Embiid didn't have an agent for his latest deal. He just walked into the room and said "Super Max" and Philly already had the paperwork drawn up :lol: :pimp:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom