The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sixers killed his value too. He's been the same player or worse since his first season so it's pointless for Philly to think his market would increase. Their asking price is too high, simple as that. You're asking $75,000 for a 95 Tahoe and then blaming the car for not being sold. Makes no sense
95 Tahoe with a nitro that works 75% of the day, breaks down in the evening

Worth the investment >D

I just don't remember that being the case is all this season. The vast majority of pundit/media/NTer crowned him after 20 games.
And it was silly. It's silly every year because the MVP at the end is almost never who starts off hotter than the rest

Lakers should be shopping Bron, not all these role players. Do the man a solid and send him to a contender.

According to Stephen A Smith, Ben is a jump shot away from being Bron, so why not trade one for another? I'm sure the LA spotlight won't bother Ben.

He asked for a trade before the season started. Philly didn't pull the trigger and here we are. That's not Ben's problem, it's on the Sixers

Yea and that's Philly's problem. Ben apparently doesn't care about money or basketball and has severed ties with the org. Sixers could've fixed this a long time ago

Why is this a problem for the Sixers? They have an asset that they will flip for something they believe is in their best interest at their convenience. Sounds like power and not a problem to me

The sixers killed his value too. He's been the same player or worse since his first season so it's pointless for Philly to think his market would increase. Their asking price is too high, simple as that. You're asking $75,000 for a 95 Tahoe and then blaming the car for not being sold. Makes no sense

Lowkey wondered if this a Kawhi reference but his Tahoe is a 97 :lol:

So Ben chocking and then deciding to hide and blame everyone else = Sixers killing his value?

The first and probably only real offer in the summer was Ben for Malcolm Brogdon (who is injured more than being healthy), it definitely hasn't gotten lower than that.

If anything, the Sixers are in a better situation now than in the summer:
  • Sactown: Fox was untouchable in the Summer but the sentiment seems to have changed with Hali taking a step forward while the Kings are a Play in team at best. This really does seem like the most natural fit for the Kings and will make them a better team with Simmons.
  • Portland: The good news is that their situation is much worse than what anyone anticipated before the season started. 13-22 with no real GM, a coach that looks like the second coming of Bryon Scott, and a team that looks to be at a crossroad, do you pay Lillard the supermax to his mid 30s and remain the same team, or do you rebuild and trade him as his value won't be going up with his impending contract situation and age. Portland needs to make a decision but also, Lillard needs to say the magic words "I want Philly"
  • San Antonio: The emergence of Dejonte is great to see, but they are 14-20 and Simmons is a suped up version of Murray. tbh, I am not sure what the Spurs want to do with their team but the selling point is that they will be trading for an allstar that they can build around.
  • Boston: This one's weird, but Brown is clearly frustrated with the team and we are all keeping a close eye on them. They do seem to value Brown WAY more than Simmons but if there's a three way deal where everyone wins, it may not be out of reach. The Bradley Beal situation is interesting, perhaps a three team deal with them but that's a bit of a dream at the moment.
  • Cleveland: Because Cleveland is doing quite well, especially on the defensive end, I actually don't see a trade happening with them this year. Unless it's for Tobias Harris. lol
  • Brooklyn: Harden is a free agent this summer and is open to relocating. This was a pipe dream last summer but now is much more realistic

So Ben chocking and then deciding to hide and blame everyone else = Sixers killing his value?

The first and probably only real offer in the summer was Ben for Malcolm Brogdon (who is injured more than being healthy), it definitely hasn't gotten lower than that.

If anything, the Sixers are in a better situation now than in the summer:
  • Sactown: Fox was untouchable in the Summer but the sentiment seems to have changed with Hali taking a step forward while the Kings are a Play in team at best. This really does seem like the most natural fit for the Kings and will make them a better team with Simmons.
  • Portland: The good news is that their situation is much worse than what anyone anticipated before the season started. 13-22 with no real GM, a coach that looks like the second coming of Bryon Scott, and a team that looks to be at a crossroad, do you pay Lillard the supermax to his mid 30s and remain the same team, or do you rebuild and trade him as his value won't be going up with his impending contract situation and age. Portland needs to make a decision but also, Lillard needs to say the magic words "I want Philly"
  • San Antonio: The emergence of Dejonte is great to see, but they are 14-20 and Simmons is a suped up version of Murray. tbh, I am not sure what the Spurs want to do with their team but the selling point is that they will be trading for an allstar that they can build around.
  • Boston: This one's weird, but Brown is clearly frustrated with the team and we are all keeping a close eye on them. They do seem to value Brown WAY more than Simmons but if there's a three way deal where everyone wins, it may not be out of reach. The Bradley Beal situation is interesting, perhaps a three team deal with them but that's a bit of a dream at the moment.
  • Cleveland: Because Cleveland is doing quite well, especially on the defensive end, I actually don't see a trade happening with them this year. Unless it's for Tobias Harris. lol
  • Brooklyn: Harden is a free agent this summer and is open to relocating. This was a pipe dream last summer but now is much more realistic
They're only in a better situation if they actually make a deal. Hypotheticals are interesting but still just hypothetical

Not even pressing play based on the author

63B9D03D-96C2-43D9-82CA-FF98A43A4CDA.jpeg

Idk it seems like the team (Brand, smh really brotha) betted on Simmo actually improving on his AS status and getting that jumper to move on from Jimothy Buckets

18/19 Simmo with a consistent jumper is a top 10/15 player in the league, especially with his improvements on defense. The contract if he made those leaps on offense would’ve been well worth it

Ain’t no way in hell we giving him that contract based on what he did prior lol (we did for Brotha Al tho lol)

You give Ben Simmons average jump shooting ability I think he's a top 5 player.

That's just the new firmware being installed famb
I think mine got stuck on that weird "Copying File - 8%" like my Day 1 PS4 used to towards the end as the console started to die a few months back :lol:

Finally slowly started to subside this afternoon. All that's left now is a dull headache. We'll be fully juiced by tomorrow.

glad I got vaxxed. I had the Covid and my t cells shut that **** down immediately, 0 symptoms on your boy, like Ben Simmons in the 4th quarter. I wouldnt have even known I had it if the young lady who likely infected us hadn't called and alerted us she has it (unvaxxed, 20ish, had a worst time with it)

Is it possible for Ben to get the money eventually he is losing or is it gone gone? I know they were putting it in some account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom