The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I’m being serious. No one can answer me on why Kyrie got paid when what he did is far worse than what Ben is doing.

None of Kyries teammates flipped on him either.

Because the Nets and Kyrie have no ill will to each other and are looking for a way to make it work, so the Nets decided to pay Kyrie (although I don't think it's full payment) while he's out with the hopes of the issue being resolved where Ben decided to quit on the team while everyone wanted him to play.

Refusing to come to work and PTO are not the same thing. :lol:
If Ben had PTO mans would be killing off imagery uncles and marrying off his make-believe cousins just get out of playing.

"My mom's aunt's cousin's brother in law died, the funeral is in Toledo and starts at 7 pm EST right at tip-off, not gonna be able to make it in tonight"

Idk it seems like the team (Brand, smh really brotha) betted on Simmo actually improving on his AS status and getting that jumper to move on from Jimothy Buckets

18/19 Simmo with a consistent jumper is a top 10/15 player in the league, especially with his improvements on defense. The contract if he made those leaps on offense would’ve been well worth it

Ain’t no way in hell we giving him that contract based on what he did prior lol (we did for Brotha Al tho lol)

This may have been more of a discussion if Morey was GM, but with Brand, if giving Tobias a max was a no brainer to him, then paying simmons was definitely not even a point of discussion.

Not trading him after a trade demand doesn't violate any contractual agreement they have with Ben

You’re right. Probably nothing in there that allows it. Idk what player would want to play for a Morey run team after this though. If **** hits the fan, youre screwed as a player.

Another organization woudve cleaned thsi mess up long time ago

Holding off on trading him benefits NO ONE. Idk how you guys can’t see that.
Again, if some shenanigans behind the scenes lead to a certain player wanting to come and said player also wants his money, you keep Simmo and perform that S&T

That’s the main benefit of chilling. Only way we could outright sign Harden is if both Tobi/Ben got traded by the deadline for expiring contracts. If no teams are willing to trade, you wait.

So then you need to admit this a wasted season by Embiid. Embiid doesn’t feel some type of way? Putting up historical numbers but the organization isn’t doing anything to get him to the next level.

Holding off on trading him benefits NO ONE. Idk how you guys can’t see that.
If they wait and end up making a deal for Harden or Dame in exchange for Ben in the Summer, then it arguably will have benefitted the Sixers. That seems to be what they're betting on and it's their right to do that.

I'm on record as saying that I think they should just get a deal done because I don't like the idea of them just writing off a year of Embiid's prime, but I can't say I don't see any logic in the way the Sixers are handling this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom