The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:nerd:

9E901882-6734-405D-83B7-1739A8AD9B60.jpeg

The Blazers are giving dudes away for free to avoid taking back long-term cash and yall think they're gonna saddle themselves with Ben now?

:lol:

Fat chance.

The Blazers are giving dudes away for free to avoid taking back long-term cash and yall think they're gonna saddle themselves with Ben now?

:lol:

Fat chance.
Facts Lillard is gonna go for players on team friendly contracts. Kemba, Randle and a pick :D

For only Josh Hart? Insane.

Great trade for the Pelicans, think it was long overdue for McCollum to get a new role elsewhere.

Blazers blowing it up about 1 year too late. CJ had some serious value at some point.

I like the trade for the Pelicans. Gotta go all in while you have Zion. No time to wait for players to develop.

sounds like a personal problem. getting paid millions of dollars to hoop. and you're hooping. i mean what, he didn't like those weird *** brown blazer jerseys? I mean who did amirite? I don't know what he could've been whiny to his pops about really.

hIs issues must've been more than what he led on to his dad. Off court stuff. Maybe he got a shorty pregnant in portland and was able to duck off to another country on her goofy ***
He highkey ain't lying though. Blazers are confusing as hell. You don't know if they competing to get into the post season or competing for lottery. Kept Terry Scott's for too long.

Guess I wouldn't be too mad at this. Especially if that pick is unprotected.

What a fall from grace. Rob Pelinka owes Magic. Otherwise the Lakers wouldn't have a chip and Pelinka would have been Jobless years ago. Magic setup the AD trade and Pelinka disloyal self just executed it after Magic left.

Include Kendrick Nunn since the Celtics will need point guards. Schroeder and Smart will likely be gone soon

First of all, I would like to say that's it's absolutely bananas to think the Brogdon was our only choice this summer and now we can potentially have one of Dame, Harden, and Beal...this is insane and I don't want to get too ahead of myself, but man I am excited (while I know we can potentially get nothing this deadline)

But with three days left for the deadline, I wanted to see who the sixers deligation preferred as a player to land out of the three. This is my personal preference:

• Beal: The primary reason I chose beal is the emergence of Maxey. I do believe that Maxey can reach a Tony Parker type of player as his potential as he has the drive, the athleticism the skill, and the right attitude, Beal as a wing will be a seamless fit next to him as they can share playmaking duties. I also believe that if Beal lands in Philly, it's clear that this is Embiid's team and is the unquestionable leader of the team. Beal's game is best suited as a second banana and this will also help alleviate pressure off of Tobias (who's still better suited with a playmaker though). Beal's also just 28 years old so his timeline fits with Embiid
  • Dame: Again, the primary reason I have him as #2 is the emergence of Maxey. As great as Dame is, starting Dame and Maxey together in the backcourt may be problematic. This will also hamper the development of Maxey (yes, I believe in him that much). With that being said, I will absolutely love to have Dame as part of this team. His leadership and his ability to take over a game will give Philly two of the most lethal scorers in the league anywhere from the post to the logo. Sheesh...the two other concerns though would be his abdominal injury and his age. He's been out a while with a serious injury and he's 31...small scoring guards don't age well (see Kemba) so paying $40 mil to an aging small guard who's starting to decline can potentially give us a narrow championship window of two years. But with the Blazers literally not having a GM right now and trading away their best assets for free, Morey can absolutely go in and grab dame without giving up more than Ben and a first.
  • Harden: This sub is probably the most excited about this trade and he is the most individually accomplished player out of the three but here's my concern: He ran Howard, CP3, Westbrook out of town, and now has issues with his coach and potentially Kyrie....he does have an ego and if he comes in Philly, he will disrupt the culture. The only way I see this working out is if we give him the Kawhi treatment ALA Toronto. He's also 32 years old and is clearly declining. Unlike Dame though, I think Harden and Maxey can work together in the backcourt. I wouldn't be made if we got him, I would be nervous though...but not made. I am just the weariest about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom