The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the ***** suit up for game first, gotdamn.

James wasn't well liked on here by many to begin with but now that he is on the Sixers, it's a wrap. He hasn't even touched the floor together yet and folks are preparing their "Morey and Harden wasted Joel's prime" takes. Sad.

That’s the disconnect with a lot of YALL on this Harden thing.

We’re not asking him to come in and score 30 a night. The biggest thing we’ve been missing is a guy who can iso and create for others. Yea Jim might be “washed” compared to his prime years but his presence on the floor opens up some more actions we couldn’t do in years prior

People look at his drop off in scoring as “washed” when he’s still one of the best facilitators in the game. Make the game easier for the others to where if you choose to double Embiid or Jim, someone has a wide open shot
So you have them winning a championship or what? Because if not then what's the point

Yeah I was on your side with the Ben saga, didn’t think it was imperative to trade him. At the same time, he ended up overpaying for harden

So, idk

All I’m saying is the “omg if you don’t think harden is gonna work…” comments is classic setting yourself up
That’s fair, but there’s optimism in the post I put. That 3 possession run where we literally ran the same exact play 3 times and Maxey was cooking, that was Harden who basically called that (yes on the bench).

First possession Maxey blew by and got a open floater
Second possession, they hedge to stop the drive and Maxey hit a step back 3
Third possession, Maxey blew by again and got an and-1

Put Harden in Maxey role in that scenario, tell me how you are defending that. Jim might not blow by anyone but he’s finding the open shooter if you collapse on him (Embiid was wide open for a pass on the 1st and 3rd). You’re then giving Embiid the ball at his sweet spot and guys are still biting on his pump fakes

I’m actually not all that wowed with Obi’s athaleticism but he’s def got height, hops & style.

Bk’s own :pimp:.

James just needs to be a really good #2. The pressure of being the man should be gone. Let joel cook. It would help if they had a run and jump big off the bench.

It’s going to be a lot to ask of James to change again but the great players can

So you have them winning a championship or what? Because if not then what's the point

Sure, it's "championship or bust" for 30 teams (for the most part) but in the end only 1 team wins and all you can ask your front office to do is put together the roster that gives them the best chance of achieving that goal. IMO, the Sixers did that for the 2021-2022 season with their trade last week.

I don't know if they'll win a championship. The "best" team doesn't even always win in a 7-game playoff series but Philadelphia made a move to maximize their chances this year. It's that simple to me 🤷‍♂️

Sure, it's "championship or bust" for 30 teams (for the most part) but in the end only 1 team wins and all you can ask your front office to do is put together the roster that gives them the best chance of achieving that goal. IMO, the Sixers did that for the 2021-2022 season with their trade last week.

I don't know if they'll win a championship. The "best" team doesn't even always win in a 7-game playoff series but Philadelphia made a move to maximize their chances this year. It's that simple to me 🤷‍♂️
Where we disagree is that adding a player who notoriously chokes in the playoffs literally every year is maximizing your odds of winning a championship. Other than that I agree

Where we disagree is that adding a player who notoriously chokes in the playoffs literally every year is maximizing your odds of winning a championship. Other than that I agree
The hedge on that argument is that he was choking as the #1 option. As addict4sneakers addict4sneakers just said, the great ones can adjust their games to be a #2. Jim has gone from one of the best scorers to one of the best facilitators, let’s not act like he was the #1 option with Brooklyn, Jim knows this is Embiid show

The hedge on that argument is that he was choking as the #1 option. As addict4sneakers addict4sneakers just said, the great ones can adjust their games to be a #2. Jim has gone from one of the best scorers to one of the best facilitators, let’s not act like he was the #1 option with Brooklyn, Jim knows this is Embiid show
How has he looked as the #2 this year?

pull them up that **** wont hurt me

yall already got me me plenty of times and im still here

**** aint gonna change.. i dont go hiding
It aint that deep man :lol:. Wasn't tryna send you into witsec like Tasha in book 2. Just tryna say maybe you should take a step back and learn from being overzealous with Ben like everyone tried to tell you before. Maybe there's a valid reason not everyone is crowning Philly because they added harden

Football over. Back to bring a regular in here. What’d I miss?

Also, go L.A. :rolleyes:rolleyes

How has he looked as the #2 this year?
Good to me, again let’s not act like Brooklyn wasn’t winning with just him and KD. He just got fed up with Myrie shenanigans lol

Jim can still run the show, can he do it for a 82 game season, no of course not. As a number 2 setting up the number 1, who is probably the MVP and best big he’s ever played with, I’m optimistic that he can work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom