The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

straight GOAT

and now we adding Harden lol im hype man

o893isbmrii81.jpg

There's no argument that the Lakers suck. Not really up for debate. But there's people that really think Harden is gonna take Philly to the promised land. These people must be ridiculed at all costs

thats cool but you do know we are going from a 0-0-0 player to a 22-8-10 player he makes the team better in what we were missing.. thats the whole point in being hyped as a sixer fan right now, we went from a guy not playing to a top 15 guy that can do it all whether you want to deny it or not just not as his prime play as some would say

if you dont see the reason as to why us sixers fan are excited for a fresh face in the lineup let me get what you smoking on fam

from a strictly business sense this is correct.

but im sorry I like basketball because I want to see the best teams prove themselves and be rewarded.

im in the minority, but I find sports that rely on randomness to create drama to be less compelling.
that's a big reason basketball is my favorite sport.
And this is why football & March Madness suck. A major part of the draw is the inherent randomness that exists

There's no argument that the Lakers suck. Not really up for debate. But there's people that really think Harden is gonna take Philly to the promised land. These people must be ridiculed at all costs
Listen we just excited to actually have an AS PG want to play for us lol

People who also thought the Lakers would be a top 4 seed should be ridiculed at all costs

Can a ***** enjoy the fact that we got James Harden? 'there they go again' 'they did the same with Ben' man shut up already. Goddamn, been sitting through the process for damn near a decade and we can't get excited that we FINALLY have a guard that can create his own shot? Can't have **** on here.
dudes be such bums in here man, just miserable at life

im bout to start getting back in my bag and calling it out honestly its crazy

Yea I'd be excited too if I was a Philly fan tbh :lol:

Got the franchise guy levelling up to dominant status this season and they added one of the best offensive players in the game. They've got the right to be hyped imo

Time will tell how that plays out in the postseason but we've got a few recent examples of teams finally getting over the playoff hump in recent years after years of disappointing like with the Bucks and Raps.

This Sixers squad with this All-World version of Embiid has potential. Just wonder if they have the necessary depth needed yet to break through

thats cool but you do know we are going from a 0-0-0 player to a 22-8-10 player he makes the team better in what we were missing.. thats the whole point in being hyped as a sixer fan right now, we went from a guy not playing to a top 15 guy that can do it all whether you want to deny it or not just not as his prime play as some would say

if you dont see the reason as to why us sixers fan are excited for a fresh face in the lineup let me get what you smoking on fam
The reason is because you still have this idealized version of what you think harden is in your head. Exactly like with Simmons where everyone else could see it but sixer fans. Disappointment and reality has yet to set in

If reality worked this way then the nets wouldn’t have been at the point they were at

There’s no reason not to be excited but in Philly fan fashion y’all are taking it up notches higher than that

You did the same thing with thybulle. Same thing with Ben

You gotta admit, with all the drama we went through the last 8 months, we deserve to be excited. Y'all were clowning Morey for turning down Brogdon for Ben and now we have Harden.
Yeah I was on your side with the Ben saga, didn’t think it was imperative to trade him. At the same time, he ended up overpaying for harden

So, idk

All I’m saying is the “omg if you don’t think harden is gonna work…” comments is classic setting yourself up

The reason is because you still have this idealized version of what you think harden is in your head. Exactly like with Simmons where everyone else could see it but sixer fans. Disappointment and reality has yet to set in
That’s the disconnect with a lot of YALL on this Harden thing.

We’re not asking him to come in and score 30 a night. The biggest thing we’ve been missing is a guy who can iso and create for others. Yea Jim might be “washed” compared to his prime years but his presence on the floor opens up some more actions we couldn’t do in years prior

People look at his drop off in scoring as “washed” when he’s still one of the best facilitators in the game. Make the game easier for the others to where if you choose to double Embiid or Jim, someone has a wide open shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom