The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steph rehabbing and trying to make a run for #4. Team focused. Not chasing records and taking games off to win scoring titles.

YALL making vacations plans.
#4? Word?

curry-mime.webp

30 teams in the league, theyre one of the final 8 teams left standing almost every year. The vast majority of owners are good with that, and it’s a tough sell to ownership to tear it all down.

You look at Philly, all this tanking & maneuvering & they still haven’t gotten further than Iggy & Jrue did.
That's cool, but you're ignoring the lack of chemistry between Gobert and Donovan. At this point it's clear they don't like each other and it's not working. Also with them making so much money, it limits the type of roster they can construct

With that and them not being able to make it past the semi-finals, it makes sense to shop Mitchell and get the best return. They may not do it next season, but in the following season, they should look into it.

That's cool, but you're ignoring the lack of chemistry between Gobert and Donovan. At this point it's clear they don't like each other and it's not working. Also with them making so much money, it limits the type of roster they can construct

With that and the them not being able to make it past the semi-finals, it makes sense to shop Mitchell and get the best return. They may not do it next season, but in the following season, they should look into it.
So you offer Don the $300M+ when this current deal runs out & move the inferior guy.

You’re moving off a 25 year old because you can’t get out of the 2nd round? :lol: Only 4 teams do that every year.

So you offer Don the $300M+ when this current deal runs out & move the inferior guy.

You’re moving off a 25 year old because you can’t get out of the 2nd round? :lol: Only 4 teams do that every year.
Plenty people are given extensions and traded shortly after.

There's just so many factors behind why it's possible. I don't see how you think it can't happen.

Plenty people are given extensions and traded shortly after.

There's just so many factors behind why it's possible. I don't see how you think it can't happen.
If he explicitly requests a trade, sure I agree as I’ve stated.

More likely is he asking them to move Gobert, or the front office does it under their own volition.

The only team Don has been linked to is the Knicks and that’s laughable for many reasons, no disrespect.

Problem is Goober is like a #3 at very best on a championship level team. Don't think there's a player in the league that could win with him as the 2nd best player. Mitchell is at absolute worst a #2 and can probably be a #1 if there was someone else that opposing teams would #FEAR.

They just don't really have many options at this point. Not sure what they can do.

Once JG gets stronger and can push off on defenders a little bit thats an all star. Has elite footwork and projects to be a great shooter

Problem is Goober is like a #3 at very best on a championship level team. Don't think there's a player in the league that could win with him as the 2nd best player. Mitchell is at absolute worst a #2 and can probably be a #1 if there was someone else that opposing teams would #FEAR.

They just don't really have many options at this point. Not sure what they can do.
I don't think Donovan's an alpha on a title team.

Embiid already whining about the MVP race? :lol: There’s not a different standard for him; Giannis and Jokic are just having amazing seasons too. You don’t hear them complaining about it

I don’t think they trade Donovan anytime soon.

I’m not buying all these “whispers” lately.

I don't think Donovan's an alpha on a title team.
He's been an incredibly strong scorer in the playoffs these last 2 seasons. Probably needs it to be a 1a/1b situation or something like that, playing alongside someone that's a bit of a better passer but can also be a scoring threat.

That Gobert contract gotta be one of the worst in sports history.

502FC5A2-C328-4A52-AAF4-B562A4701991.jpeg
This is why I don't buy the Mavs rumored/reported interest if he's gonna be moved.

You just got off Porzingis at this money and had to take back Bertans to do it... Then we're gonna turn around and take on THAT for someone that generates even less offense?

While we're already playing high-end defensively?

Yeah right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom