The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree at all. He's dead weight as far as I'm concerned. There's just no way the contracts work, specifically for the Mavericks, in a matter than Utah would take regardless.

I'm not giving even a single pick to deal with that contract. It's unworkable.
Get Luka one more bigger dribbler

THJ and Bullock are redundant, as much as I feel like THJ evolved as a Maverick and is such a great fit with Luka... if he needs to be the piece to move, Bullock is on a cheaper deal.. but move one of them if need be

See what what Maxi can get you on his expiring contract

Don't do anything extreme or foolish

I don't disagree at all. He's dead weight as far as I'm concerned. There's just no way the contracts work, specifically for the Mavericks, in a matter than Utah would take regardless.

I'm not giving even a single pick to deal with that contract. It's unworkable.

ill defer to you on the contacts

im just saying
if the defense just gets roasted in the postseason, and it turns out
it was more smoke and mirrors and they don't have enough defensive talent.

it would change how I look at the roster.

im just saying

I agree with you, I've been saying all year I'm hella curious about the legitimacy of their apparent improved defense

However

I don't care how bad they look on that end

You don't trade for Gobert even if it was possible, contracts wise

It ain’t just about MVP for Jo. He’s gotten no love from media/voters his entire career lol no AS/ROY, not getting All NBA 1st team, no love for DPOY

It’ll be telling if he doesn’t get MVP and also voters put him on the 2nd team again

im just saying

They've got some really solid perimeter defenders and Maxi has utility as a flex defender.

I don't entirely disagree it's likely they need a more consistent paint presence protecting the rim.

I just don't think there's any path whatsoever with Rudy on that deal where it makes sense.

I think the rim protection issue is more likely solved through a route like Mitchell Robinson or Myles Turner than it is through something like Rudy.

Last edited:
It ain’t just about MVP for Jo. He’s gotten no love from media/voters his entire career lol no AS/ROY, not getting All NBA 1st team, no love for DPOY

It’ll be telling if he doesn’t get MVP and also voters put him on the 2nd team again
Well, if they're not gonna consider Embiid a Forward, he's prob not gonna get 1st Team if they give Jokic MVP...

That wouldn't make any sense

Dallas getting Gogurt would result in them either losing wing defenders (DFS) or playmakers/shooters (THJ, Brunson). Don’t see how that works in their favor.

It’s easier to replace and retool wing defenders and backup playmakers, than a lob threat, screener, scorer and all nba player and rim protector than gobert. Dallas got dinwidde for nothing. Reggie Bullock for nothing. DFS they lucked into.

Well, if they're not gonna consider Embiid a Forward, he's prob not gonna get 1st Team if they give Jokic MVP...

That wouldn't make any sense
They wouldn’t consider it regardless lol there’s definitely bias against him. It sounds distasteful but it’s true

It’s easier to replace and retool wing defenders and backup playmakers, than a lob threat, screener, scorer and all nba player and rim protector than gobert. Dallas got dinwidde for nothing. Reggie Bullock for nothing. DFS they lucked into.
It's just that contract bro, can't stomach that. I understand why Utah did it, they wanted to keep him there long term. Cool

But to trade for him? When you have Luka, nah, there's other paths to get a lesser caliber (but still effective) defensive skill set. They don't need Gobert at all but especially for that long term expensive deal

I think the Mavs supporting cast has become a little underrated. I think it’s better overall than the healthy non-Joker Nuggets.

I think the Mavs supporting cast has become a little underrated. I think it’s better overall than the healthy non-Joker Nuggets.
Barton having a nice comeback season
Gordon shooting a career high FG% and 2P%
Monte having a career year

But yeah, Mavericks support cast edges them without Murray and Porter... simply by numbers of playable bodies

It's not by some wide margin

I wouldn't call Mavs support underrated either. Luka elevates them very very much. Guys like DFS, Powell, Brunson,Spencer

I think you put Luka with what Jokic has and Jokic with what Luka has they'd probably be relatively the same caliber overall

Lakers potentially not making the playoffs would be very disappointing for the NBA as a whole. The league is far more entertaining when its best players are playing in the post-season.

Lakers potentially not making the playoffs would be very disappointing for the NBA as a whole. The league is far more entertaining when its best players are playing in the post-season.
Playoffs GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

we not eem making it to the draft lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom