The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lebron should’ve shut it down for a month after his knee got drained earlier this year

He tried playing through a knee that kept swelling which never made sense to me and now has this ankle issue

Lebron should’ve shut it down for a month after his knee got drained earlier this year

He tried playing through a knee that kept swelling which never made sense to me and now has this ankle issue
mans drinking too much wine, gave himself gout

poole.png

We just need a few HGH treatments and it’ll be all good

The team is just built to the point where it doesn’t even matter at this point though 🤷🏿‍♂️

True.

I’d go with “we’re all part of the same hypocrisy, Senator” or “I knew it was you Fredo and it breaks my heart”.

Yeah I like that scene when he offers Geary nothing.

Pentangeli also has a million quotables. As does Hyman Roth.

I rewatched both last week because I had COVID. I still give the original the edge slightly.

So apparently Derozan's people hit up Magic directly but there was already talk between Russ and them

Magic has some nerve 🤣. For as bad as Rob is, Magic Johnson was the worst, least detail-oriented president in League history. Do legitimately wanted to run a team as a part-time job. Magic Johnson is the person who brokered the Mozgov and Deng deals and got us Luke Walton as head coach. Should probably sit this conversation out.

Also, you can tell that magic is not a salary cap wizard. A roster consisting of all those players would be way over the cap.

LeBron $41m
AD $35m
Derozen $28m (current salary in Chicago)
Caruso $10m (current salary in Chicago)
Buddy Heild $25m (current salary in Sacramento)
KCP $12m (current salary in Washington)
THT $10m

Unless DeRozan planned on playing for the mid-level exception, he was never going to be a Laker. The Lakers could only offer around $10 million and he ended up signing for $28 million. I'm as critical of Rob Palinka as anybody but this idea that he dropped the ball with DeMar is patently false. DeMar just went to the team that offered him the most money. Full stop.

It seems that the media is finally starting to grasp the idea that a lot of Kyrie Irving's huge offensive outbursts this season were due to him playing once a week. I've seen Nick wright, Bill Simmons and a couple of other guys mentioned it this morning.

Literally anyone would be better than Westbrook...

but Derozan isn't really a good fit with Lebron either.
and the defense still wouldn't be good enough.

There's a good chance he will be. Nobody wants Westbrook and the Lakers should not give up future picks and assets just to offload him. For as much credit as LeBron deserves for putting together the 2020 championship team, he deserves just as watch blame for the terrible spot the Lakers are currently in. He constructed this terrible roster, he should have to bear the consequences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom