The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The job just isn’t attractive enough for a tier one candidate.

You can cite injuries for why you failed to win a title, but you lose 50 games in a season then you have deeper problems.

Team has no draft picks for several years, LeBron leaving to play with his son in ‘24, which leaves AD as the face & he’ll likely need more from his supporting cast than the franchise is able to provide.

Living in LA absolutely has it perks, but ever since Phil Jackson that franchise has changed coaches like underwear. Not as bad as the Kings, but they don’t give their coaches much of a leash.

Vogel won a title, within 2 years ownership & the front office stripped the roster & fired him on Twitter.

You got Kurt Rambis of all people micromanaging you too? :lol:

Pipedream man
You were right on everything else, but this is sort of overblown. Lakers own their 2023, have to give away one of 2024/2025 but after that they own all their picks. We'll see what happens with attaching pick(s) to Westbrick though.

The job just isn’t attractive enough for a tier one candidate.

You can cite injuries for why you failed to win a title, but you lose 50 games in a season then you have deeper problems.

Team has no draft picks for several years, LeBron leaving to play with his son in ‘24, which leaves AD as the face & he’ll likely need more from his supporting cast than the franchise is able to provide.

Living in LA absolutely has it perks, but ever since Phil Jackson that franchise has changed coaches like underwear. Not as bad as the Kings, but they don’t give their coaches much of a leash.

Vogel won a title, within 2 years ownership & the front office stripped the roster & fired him on Twitter.

You got Kurt Rambis of all people micromanaging you too? :lol:

Pipedream man

Hope so.

I didn’t think LeBron wanted to go to the Lakers either. I never understood that move.

So nothing surprises me when it comes to the Lakers anymore.

Finally watched the first episode of Winning Time.

I thought people were exaggerating how dirty they did Jerry West, but damn, they weren't

Changed NBA history and erased a whole damn NBA championship to make dude OD bitter and angry

Nasty stuff

You were right on everything else, but this is sort of overblown. Lakers own their 2023, have to give away one of 2024/2025 but after that they own all their picks. We'll see what happens with attaching pick(s) to Westbrick though.
I thought it was pick swaps?

I guess swaps retain some value since you can still pick somebody in round 1

I thought people were exaggerating how dirty they did Jerry West, but damn, they weren't

Changed NBA history and erased a whole damn NBA championship to make dude OD bitter and angry

Nasty stuff

The Jerry West drama is very confusing to me on the show.

Embiid foul baits but he’ll cave your chest in if necessary.

Bron is lacking that pop in the half court he used to have. He’s 37 so it’s understandable.
You seen his pod with JJ? Man said he definitely foul baits if he knows you’re handsy. If not gonna call him, imma do it again with more power

You seen his pod with JJ? Man said he definitely foul baits if he knows you’re handsy. If not gonna call him, imma do it again with more power

I don’t have a problem with it. Reggie knew who was going to close out super hard. Malone knew who was going to bite on the pump fakes. Kobe knew too.

All in the game, yo

Nasty stuff

What did they change about NBA history?

@SAS

Shut Yo Goddamn't Ass Up image - GIF IMAGE GROUP - Mod DB

What did they change about NBA history?
I have only seen one episode, but it looks like they erased the Laker's 1972 Championship, West's only champion

I don't know if they mention it in future episodes, but in episode one they do a flashback of West's trips to the finals, and only mention his losses to the Celtics. Then they use that to rationalize his anger

Last edited:
If the Bus write a blank check he would consider it at the very least but they kinda move like broke bois

If Embiid and harden can run 40+ minutes a night they should be fine in the playoffs lol

Really like what i saw from Jalen to close out the year.
He improved his shot selection and didnt look like he was rushing shots.

People forget he’s much younger he is than Cade,Mobley ,Barnes they are all basically the same age as Lamelo and Ant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom