The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Robinson. :smh: :lol:

1650072379910.gif

Yeah I just missed a week of work with it. Bunch of others at my office too.
Didn't want to restart the discussion about the pandemic, but we have an outbreak again at ur workplace. Nothing too serious but annoying. So far, keeping healthy. We are about to be scheduled for our 2nd booster. I'm taking it.

LaMelo will honestly look great next to Zion, Tatum, Ja, Lavine, Kyrie, Beal, Booker, and Giannis. Exciting to think about.
Why would Lamelo need those stars in order to look great? I thought some people said here Lamelo is better than Luka.

NO is going to be one of the favorites next year when ZW figures to be in better shape. And maybe even able to play. They’ve done a great job surrounding him to the point that he’s nearing luxury as opposed lynchpin.

I want to see a whole healthy szn with that crew before the Duke boys get back together. 🙏 for the brothas long term health & success wherever it may be as he comes across as a genuinely good kid.

NO is going to be one of the favorites next year when ZW figures to be in better shape. And maybe even able to play. They’ve done a great job surrounding him to the point that he’s nearing luxury as opposed lynchpin.

I want to see a whole healthy szn with that crew before the Duke boys get back together. 🙏 for the brothas long term health & success wherever it may be as he comes across as a genuinely good kid.

I gotta say, Griff recovered well from messing up the Jrue and Lonzo trades.

Willie Green, Herb, and CJ/ Nance were all good moves. Val is also a better fit than Adams if Zion decides to return.

Stupid play-in tournament. The Cavs played better than expected for most of the year, were plagued by injuries, and still managed to keep the 8 seed - then don’t even get in. Not fair.

Stupid play-in tournament. The Cavs played better than expected for most of the year, were plagued by injuries, and still managed to keep the 8 seed - then don’t even get in. Not fair.

Kinda same with Clips. Over achieved most of the year without two stars, got 8th seed, didn’t make it.

Related to the Cavs, but I recognized someone on their coaching staff the other night, but couldn't put my finger on who it was. I just looked it up and it was Greg Buckner. :lol:

c317b858-5a03-41b1-96a6-24de25accb34-AP21112034293294.jpeg

greg-buckner-of-the-dallas-mavericks-poses-for-a-portrait-during-2006-picture-id72088096

Kinda same with Clips. Over achieved most of the year without two stars, got 8th seed, didn’t make it.
I see both sides. Just looking at their record in a vacuum, the Pelicans making the playoffs after coming in 10 games below .500 seems ridiculous. But when you look more closely at the facts of their season, them being in the post-season is arguably a good story.

Very young team with a rookie coach. Lose their marquee player right before the regular season starts, which had to be deflating. Then Ingram misses time early, so they get off to an abysmal start. They rally as Green finds his footing and their rookies start to get PT. Play well above .500 ball starting in around December, then make the CJ trade in February and get even better.

They were just as good as the Clippers the second half of the season and beat them head-to-head 3-1. Won the play-in games. So I definitely can’t say it’s an injustice that they’re in and LAC isn’t.

Related to the Cavs, but I recognized someone on their coaching staff the other night, but couldn't put my finger on who it was. I just looked it up and it was Greg Buckner. :lol:

c317b858-5a03-41b1-96a6-24de25accb34-AP21112034293294.jpeg

greg-buckner-of-the-dallas-mavericks-poses-for-a-portrait-during-2006-picture-id72088096
Greg Buckner walked so PJ Tucker (and other 6'4 undersized "power" forward players) could fly. I remember him legit guarding CWebb and other 6'10 gys and they could not move him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom