The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what his market value is

This-Knicks-Magic-Trade-Is-Focused-On-Mo-Bamba-326x245.jpeg

A prominent topic of conversation this week has been Zach LaVine’s future. Opinion — [some of it educated, some of it guesswork — is varied on what the Chicago Bulls’ two-time All-Star guard will do when he hits unrestricted free agency on July 1.

But this much is certain: His return to the Bulls no longer is considered the slam dunk it once was.

Whether that stems from LaVine’s own exit interview with local reporters in late April or a genuine belief he will leave the franchise that still can pay him the most is unknown. What’s certain is that league gossip throughout this week has linked LaVine to at least four teams — Lakers, Trail Blazers, Mavericks, Hawks — with almost certainly more to follow.

LaVine, who is expected to have his arthroscopic knee surgery early next week, made it clear in his final media session that he will take his time to make his decision. The Bulls are fully expecting LaVine to take visits, be wined and dined and explore the unrestricted free agency he has earned.

I can't imagine why Zach wouldn't want to continue playing with DDR. It's not like he just forgets how to play basketball come April or something....

I wonder what his market value is

He's interesting to me. Does the lack of cap space push him into a MLE-ish deal? Does he sign for a year somewhere and try to maximize his value?

He's a Powell upgrade I'd investigate the hell out of if I'm Dallas.
I’ll go pick Zach up from DFW if he wants to be a Mav
IN A HEARTBEAT.

Chicago need a Jalen Brunson?

Unless things go awry during his extension talks, Lillard is seemingly off the market. The six-time All Star was in Chicago on Tuesday to represent the Blazers at the NBA Draft Lottery. Cronin and head coach Chauncey Billups were in the room as well to see Portland fall back to the seventh pick in the draft.

This is a big offseason for the Blazers, who project to have significant cap space this summer. The Blazers’ specific amount of cap space depends on the decisions they make with free agents Anfernee Simons and Jusuf Nurkic.

Where could Portland turn in free agency? During the season, at least one prominent member of the organization viewed Miles Bridges as a target for the club. Cody Martin was also viewed as a target during the season.

I hope it's Terry Stotts in LA.

Would be even funnier than Mark Jackson for my money.

I feel like Terry Stotts is a good coach who had to make lemonade out of chicken **** year in-year out in Portland.

I would prefer he be the lead assistant for Darvin Ham though.

Rumor: Donovan Mitchell would be interested in Knicks, Heat, Hawks if requesting trade​

Dan Feldman
Fri, May 20, 2022, 2:00 PM
28ee326aed350873805014517bdc27b9

The Jazz don’t want to trade Donovan Mitchell.
Despite rumors about him requesting a trade and Knicks interest, Mitchell holds only so much power. He’s locked into his super-max contract another three years. Even if he demands a trade – far from a certainty – Mitchell can’t necessarily choose his destination.
So, it helps he’s open to more than only New York.
Brett Siegel of Sports Illustrated:
Should the opportunity come his way, Donovan Mitchell is not opposed to the idea of playing for the New York Knicks one day, sources say, but he is not the biggest fan of Knicks’ owner James Dolan.

Scroll to continue with content​

Ad

Almost every team in the league would show trade interest in Mitchell if he was to request a trade out of Utah, but the Miami Heat and Atlanta Hawks are two other teams besides the Knicks that Mitchell would have interest in, sources familiar with the Jazz guard noted.
The Heat just unlocked the ability to trade another first-round pick. They have a highly coveted young player (Tyler Herro) and expensive superfluous player who could be used for salary matching (Duncan Robinson).
The Hawks have numerous assets and an appetite for a shakeup. A Trae Young-Mitchell backcourt would be incredibly talented (and woeful defensively).
Though Mitchell can’t control where Utah trades him, stars – even while under contract – hold significant sway into where they land. So, it’s worth at least paying attention to these preferred-destination lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom