The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 10 now? Not top 5 anymore?
He finished as a Top 6 MVP candidate in a year Curry missed the playoffs. You tell me.
kia-mvp-voting-results-784x441.jpg

Last edited:
"Creativity"

bob-cousy-crossover.gif

Myrie would have these dudes with literal broken ankles w/ the first double hesi

and it would be carrying. you had to keep your palm on the top of the ball, it was called very strictly, if it looked slightly off youd get hit with carrying.

• Haha
Reactions: MVP
people just don't want to use their brains, they want to laugh at black an white clips.
human beings aren't fundamentally different than they were in the 1950's
Most professional athletes are better than their 1950s counter-parts. The talent is better, the skill are higher, the athleticism is superior, the conditioning is superior, the weight-training is better, the nutrition is way more effective, etc, etc.

To say that the 1950s players would contain Kyrie is disingenuous when most of the moves he use wouldn't even be invented until 70s/80s/90s and he is the pinnacle of ball handling and finishing. Those centers and forwards would be tripping over themselves left and right and the guards would be getting burnt by either speed or would getting their knees buckled while getting crossed.

Why many 60s-70s NBA players don't crossover or display _handles_ (stricter palming calls).gif

jerry west getting it with a "carry" call.

you did anything that looked slightly off it's a carry.

they dribbled the way they did for a reason.

and it would be carrying. you had to keep your palm on the top of the ball, it was called very strictly, if it looked slightly off youd get hit with carrying.

So one of the most skilled if not not the best ever to handle the rock wouldn't be able to dribble the ball properly even with those silly rules. Man go on somewhere.

Most professional athletes are better than their 1950s counter-parts. The talent is better, the skill are higher, the athleticism is superior, the conditioning is superior, the weight-training is better, the nutrition is way more effective, etc, etc.

To say that the 1950s players would contain Kyrie is disingenuous when most of the moves he use wouldn't even be invented until 70s/80s/90s and he is the pinnacle of ball handling and finishing. Those centers and forwards would be tripping over themselves left and right and the guards would be getting burnt by either speed or would getting their knees buckled while getting crossed.

This is 100% true, but if they're playing under the 1950's climate, Kyrie would be called for several violations. Specifically dribbling violations. Also, I'm not sure if the goaltending rule was implemented yet.

Hard to cross someone up if you have to keep your palm on top of the ball the whole time. IDK about you guys, but I can't cross over to the left from the right without at least dribbling from the side of the ball.

So one of the most skilled if not not the best ever to handle the rock wouldn't be able to dribble the ball properly even with those silly rules. Man go on somewhere.

a 1970's big man im sure was much better at shooting hook shots with both hands than a 2020 NBA big.

does that mean the 1970's big is more skilled?

no
the rules were different, the game was different so it emphasized different skill sets.

so it only makes sense to judge players within the context of their era.

This is 100% true, but if they're playing under the 1950's climate, Kyrie would be called for several violations. Specifically dribbling violations. Also, I'm not sure if the goaltending rule was implemented yet.

Hard to cross someone up if you have to keep your palm on top of the ball the whole time. IDK about you guys, but I can't cross over to the left from the right without at least dribbling from the side of the ball.
He would adjust and still find ways to cook people. Look at him at the Drew League, he plays at half speed playing against more than decent opposition. He still has a quickness, athleticism, misdirection, strength advantage over most of these guards and that's not even mentioning him finishing and shooting from all over the court. It's like me getting calls at a pick-up game against inferior competition. I would adjust and still own them just because I can identify that they're less talented than I am and can still have my way on the court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom