The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
klay don’t get the credit he deserves for that 1st title

This thread and the entire internet slandered Klay to hell during that 1st finals and this photo got memed to death

1634927731423.png

Am I bugging or is Enes Kanter receiving none of the blowback Morey got for that tweet a couple years ago?

Was Kanter "misinformed"? :lol::smh:

Lebby isn't involved in this one and there aren't actual players overseas right now that could be directly affected

It’s been months of acrimony between Philadelphia’s two star players. But, it appears as though some progress has been made in repairing the relationship between Ben Simmons and Joel Embiid**. During a meeting with Philadelphia’s brass on Friday, sources told The Painted Lines that Simmons approached Embiid for an embrace and the two shared a hug.**

LOLOL cmon man

Right, with the logic you have.

But if the rules are specifically stacked against all your strengths, it would be exceedingly more difficult to be as effective as you would be with rules which benefit your skill set.

You say misdirection, quickness etc. But how is he going to do all of that when he must keep the palm on his hand on top of the ball the entire time? Again, IDK anything who can crossover without at the very least putting the palm of their hands on the side of the ball. Even a simple in and out would be called carry.

Now, you say he could just finish around the paint or shoot. But how is he going to do that when guys practically lived in the paint and/or goaltended in a legal capacity?

It's not too farfetched to see how Kyrie would be debilitated playing in an era where the rules of the game gave you a disadvantage.
Bigs at that time were alot less athletic than they are now and I would definitely say that their lateral movement is inferior to today's game. Irving is a master at creating space for himself and I'm sure he would find his way around the key and figure his opponents out pretty quickly.

I'm going off of him doing what he does best. Bringing up the Refs calling carrying takes away from the discussion of how he would do against players in the 50s because like you said, he'd be playing handicapped. So because of that, we won't be able to see what damage he would do in the 50s which completely takes away from the discussion altogether. So I'll end it with this, if he was able to perform all of his cross-overs and finish moves without getting called for carrying or traveling, than he would absolutely cook.

I don't think Bill Walton should be on the list if you aren't putting DRose on there. They have the same career.

nah , in terms of peak performance, Bill Walton has one of the highest peaks for a center in an era where centers had the biggest impact.

D-Rose relatively weak MVP campaign is not like a historical all time great PG season

klay don’t get the credit he deserves for that 1st title and have the greatest regular season ever

dude is an outstanding defender and 1 of the greatest shooters ever

im easily taking him over a lot of dudes on that list along with some discussed in the last couple days

Klay is not an outstanding defender. In fact he's overrated on that end.

He's pretty overrated in general to keep it a buck. He has one otherworldly all time skill, but beyond that, there's not much there.

He's nowhere near top 75.

Obviously Kyrie Irving in the 50's would look nothing like the Kyrie Irving of today. The way guards play the game today is just far too different from the 50's to even compare.

But the game in general from the 50's should be separate.

Obviously Kyrie Irving in the 50's would look nothing like the Kyrie Irving of today. The way guards play the game today is just far too different from the 50's to even compare.

But the game in general from the 50's should be separate.

The game from the 40-60's are far different from the 70's-present day.

They should've had a totally different list for the B&W players. Different games/rules all together. Partially one of the biggest reason why most people do not have Wilt as the GOAT. I personally do not think Wilt would've been as dominate as he was during his time. He's not going to run around 25-30ft away from the basket getting crossed up by a guard who is 2/3rd his size.

Klay is not an outstanding defender. In fact he's overrated on that end.

He's pretty overrated in general to keep it a buck. He has one otherworldly all time skill, but beyond that, there's not much there.

He's nowhere near top 75.
He's at worst a solid defender, an all-time 3 point shooter, and can playmake in his own right, and has been consistent unlike some on the list. He's most definitely top 75, especially if you consider that the Warriors aren't real contenders without him(w/o Durant).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom