The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, so any efforts to reason would be futile.

But hey! This is NT. Everyone's an expert in all of the worlds problems/issues :emoji_joy:

Who needs real life experience to be able to speak on something with conviction.
Nah but Rich Paul is far the only person to succeed in that business because of nepotism, it might be a different kind of nepotism but the experience he’s had with lebron is no different than internships etc that many are hooked up with.
It’s not like most agents get there because they went to sports management school. At this point rich Paul, good or bad is an experienced agent.

Last edited:
KD be on that xbox grind heavy

my guy has almost 23 days in MLB The Show, Plays **** ton of duty as i always see him on and a **** load of nba 2k

SNIPERHEEM is his gt if yall care.. He appears offline though but its easy to check time played etc

Maxey's game reminds me of Tony Parker. Not as fast, but the way he gets to the paint at will and his floater game amongst other elements of his game. It's a joy to watch.
Capture.PNG

Nah but Rich Paul is far the only person to succeed in that business because of nepotism, it might be a different kind of nepotism but the experience he’s had with lebron is no different than internships etc that many are hooked up with. It’s not like most agents get there because they went to sports management school. At this point rich Paul, good or bad is an experienced agent.

The bolded is what most people do not consider. You can get your foot in the door through nepotism but it is also VERY important to look at what happens after that. Sure, Rich operates in an unorthodox manner compared to his peers but that is what makes him and Klutch thus giving them a competitive edge. He and Klutch are disruptors which does not appeal to the status quo (i.e. the white folks who got 4-year degrees, JDs and MBAs).

It is not like he has been wildly unsuccessful but keeps getting clients (also known as "failing up" in the corporate world but I guess it happens in sports too see: Brad Stevens, David Griffin). Bron put him on but Rich put in work to get where is today. He has fumbled bags/situations (Noel and Simmons come to mind) but all agents have at various points in there career. They just do not get publicized or called out by name because they are not "Bron's boy".

He has absolutely bungled the Benjamin situation but to point to how he got in the industry as the reason behind that is misleading and disingenuous. He has nearly TWO DECADES of experience yet folks are pointing to his lack of formal education and being put on by Bron as the reason for a mistake that his colleagues have made in the past? Seems a bit unfair IMO.

KD be on that xbox grind heavy

my guy has almost 23 days in MLB The Show, Plays **** ton of duty as i always see him on and a **** load of nba 2k

SNIPERHEEM is his gt if yall care.. He appears offline though but its easy to check time played etc

The Show>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other sports franchise.

How is that different than most people that work in YOUR line of work? You know the part of making a come-up based on WHO you know?

I certainly didn't come up from anyone I knew, because I wasn't in a privelaged home/background. I come from a family of immigrants.

I'm in a situation where I can CHANGE that very foundation. As you and many people here know--I'm a Partner in my own Private Equity firm. We've grown close to $5b AUM.

I still oversee many of the hires. And I can tell you, 99.99% of all folks we bring in are based on typical recruitment processes. Seldom do we hire off-cycle, and the recruitment is very structured. I'm a firm believer in meritocracy. Everything is earned, nothing is given (Pun intended)

The Show>>>>>>>>>>>>> any other sports franchise.

real **** San Diego Studios goes above and beyond for the consumers

The Free Diamonds they give out are amazing and you can truly build a really dope team with no money spent

my record this year in diamond dynasty is 68-12, i completed every card etc one of my most played games this year at about 30 days

game never gets boring and new content stays dropping (prolly not now since mlb season is over)

I'm in a situation where I can CHANGE that very foundation. As you and many people here know--I'm a Partner in my own Private Equity firm. We've grown close to $5b AUM.

I still oversee many of the hires. And I can tell you, 99.99% of all folks we bring in are based on typical recruitment processes. Seldom do we hire off-cycle, and the recruitment is very structured. I'm a firm believer in meritocracy. Everything is earned, nothing is given (Pun intended)
joker+here+we+go+gif.gif

I still aint sold on these Bulls >D

I think I read somewhere about Derozen scoring more points in his first 12 games than Jordan did.

Bulls better have the record they have if he's playing at that kind of level. I don't see this being very sustainable though.

Here's an interesting trade scenario that might benefit everyone:

Pels get Fox
Kings get Simmons
Sixers get Ingram

Note: I am leaving sweeteners like picks and fillers out for simplicity's sake

For the Pels Fox and Zion is a much better fit than Ingram and Zion with virtually no talent dropoff. The Pels also desperately need to find a proper replacement for letting both Holiday and Ball walk. This trade should make the team better once Zion is back.

For the Kings, the Simmons + Hali combo works quite well and this instantly improves their defence. The Kings roster are a good fit for Simmons and even though his value is at its lowest right now, he's still the most accomplished player out of the 3. A team with Ben is best suited to have a secondary ball handler so the fact that Hali can play both on and off ball makes this a clean fit.

For the Sixers, going from a no show Ben to a 20 point scorer is a great return. Replacing Danny Green with Ingram in the starting lineup makes us dip a little on defence but the offensive uptick more than makes up for it. Plus Maxey earned the starting spot and I personally wouldn't want to put him back to the bench.

So why wouldn’t the Pelicans and kings just trade fox for ingram?

Nah, I have a problem with him getting credit and praise for **** he didn't work for. It's one thing to claw and work your way to sucess, but to just get it because you're friends with LeBron? Nah, that's an issue. I'm sure there tons of other people who are for better, but aren't friends with Lebron. So that's that.

Has nothing to do with anything else, famb.

Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom