The Official Off-Season NBA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
black-excellence-rich-paul.gif

If EYE was an NBA player I don’t think I would go with Klutch for my representation because the level of allegiance to LeBron would trouble me.

That said, I still give Rich Paul a ton of credit for what he’s done. You can argue that the most important talent/skill in that particularly line of work is being able to sign top-end clients and he can do that. Whether it started with this relationship with LeBron doesn’t matter to me. Lots of people have connections and don’t do anything with them. RP has used his connects to pretty much maximum benefit.

Kangz need someone that can play defense on the wings. Ingram isn't that.

It's not a bad fake trade tbh.

I think the Kings just need wings and I prefer Ingram over Simmons... Other than Barnes, they don’t have ****.

I never would’ve thought I would choose Ingram over Simmons 5 years ago. I was hella hurt when the Lakers got the 2 pick that year and missed out on Simmons :lol:

If EYE was an NBA player I don’t think I would go with Klutch for my representation because the level of allegiance to LeBron would trouble me.

That said, I still give Rich Paul a ton of credit for what he’s done. You can argue that the most important talent/skill in that particularly line of work is being able to sign top-end clients and he can do that. Whether it started with this relationship with LeBron doesn’t matter to me. Lots of people have connections and don’t do anything with them. RP has used his connects to pretty much maximum benefit.

Right. He has done the most with what he's had, and there's a lot to be said about that. Credit goes to him for taking advantage of an opportunity and making the most of it.

Everyone has their weaknesses. RP seems to be weak in managing delicate situations, which comes with experience over time.

What I was saying was, his way of handling this Ben Simmons situation speaks on his inexperience.

Has nothing to do with race, as some people have indirectly alluded.

I think the Kings just need wings and I prefer Ingram over Simmons... Other than Barnes, they don’t have ****.

I never would’ve thought I would choose Ingram over Simmons 5 years ago. I was hella hurt when the Lakers got the 2 pick that year and missed out on Simmons :lol:
I think Ingram is the better player in a vacuum. Just don't think he's really what that team needs though. Doesn't bring anything different to the table than Fox already is.

I certainly didn't come up from anyone I knew, because I wasn't in a privelaged home/background. I come from a family of immigrants.

I'm in a situation where I can CHANGE that very foundation. As you and many people here know--I'm a Partner in my own Private Equity firm. We've grown close to $5b AUM.

I still oversee many of the hires. And I can tell you, 99.99% of all folks we bring in are based on typical recruitment processes. Seldom do we hire off-cycle, and the recruitment is very structured. I'm a firm believer in meritocracy. Everything is earned, nothing is given (Pun intended)

You are a funny dude man.

Nah, I have a problem with him getting credit and praise for **** he didn't work for. It's one thing to claw and work your way to sucess, but to just get it because you're friends with LeBron? Nah, that's an issue. I'm sure there tons of other people who are for better, but aren't friends with Lebron. So that's that.

Has nothing to do with anything else, famb.

You should have a serious problem with white privilege then. :lol:

If we going down that road of people getting jobs special treatment. Rich Paul just one dude.

Who is Victor Oladipo's agent who let him pass on 80M and 100M with his injury history and then end up having to sign a 1 yr minimum?

Who is Dennis Scroeder's agent who let him pass up 4/84 (21 per) for the Lakers and end up having to settle for the taxpayer mle of 5.9?

Who was Latrell Sprewell's agent at the end of his career who let him pass up money? Bonzi Wells? Was it Vashon Leonard who forgot to opt in in time and his agent agreed to cover it or something?

This Ben Simmons **** is terrible but Rich still works for Ben, and to some extent it seems like Ben jsut does what he wants. If he wanted to come back and be playing, i think he would. Just like he just randomly popped up unexpected to anyone early in his holdout.

Do any of those guys get ran through the mud for those situations? There's more, but that's some real quick ones that come to mind.

edit: Anthony Carter not Voshon Leonard who forgot to opt in in time

I certainly didn't come up from anyone I knew, because I wasn't in a privelaged home/background. I come from a family of immigrants.

I'm in a situation where I can CHANGE that very foundation. As you and many people here know--I'm a Partner in my own Private Equity firm. We've grown close to $5b AUM.

I still oversee many of the hires. And I can tell you, 99.99% of all folks we bring in are based on typical recruitment processes. Seldom do we hire off-cycle, and the recruitment is very structured. I'm a firm believer in meritocracy. Everything is earned, nothing is given (Pun intended)

But if it's given to some extent and is a successful experiment, who cares? Like if RP is good at what he does, what does where he came from or how he got there matter?

I don't get how taking care of your people can be perceived as a negative, especially if they're among the best at what they do.

Wild.

But if it's given to some extent and is a successful experiment, who cares? Like if RP is good at what he does, what does where he came from or how he got there matter?

I don't get how taking care of your people can be perceived as a negative, especially if they're among the best at what they do.

Wild.
Putting our own on is legitimately the only way as bad actors can hide behind systemic roadblocks to keep us away.

Just wanna say that like with the Clippers, the Wolves are much better w/PB on the floor than when he’s not #impact #JustRunningAround

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom