The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Doing a little product photography Ben? I did an engagement shoot a week ago. Im going to start shooting for a promotional company soon. Go out to parties and take pictures. Caint wait! First picture is with a Nikkor 24-70mm f2.8 and the second is with a 50mm f1.4.... Nikon D800 body

Engaged! by Wills Lost Camera, on Flickr

Baby by Wills Lost Camera, on Flickr

Props on this thread, good stuff. Ive always been into Photography, gotta few friends in college for that field.

Wondering whats a good brand/model for a beginner photgrapher? Nothing cheap, I dont mind paying for quality. Heard of a T series i believe in Nikon that is awesome. Just looking for some insight. Thanks

Props on this thread, good stuff. Ive always been into Photography, gotta few friends in college for that field.

Wondering whats a good brand/model for a beginner photgrapher? Nothing cheap, I dont mind paying for quality. Heard of a T series i believe in Nikon that is awesome. Just looking for some insight. Thanks
Same question. I think I've narrowed it down between Nikon 5100 or Cannon T3. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Same question. I think I've narrowed it down between Nikon 5100 or Cannon T3. Any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

I started off with a Nikon D3100 that I just got this past June with a 18-55mm lens and I love it. I think it's a great body for a starter camera and it has a bunch of features that are useful. Thinking of getting an 18-200mm by the end of this year.

Last edited:
Props Yanky and thanks george. I meant Cannon. I mean, I know i would try ebay or CL to find a deal since i had a friend who found a $900 camera for about $300. Think it was the T3.

Props Yanky and thanks george. I meant Cannon. I mean, I know i would try ebay or CL to find a deal since i had a friend who found a $900 camera for about $300. Think it was the T3.

Look on ebay. I got my D3100 off ebay for $450 and it was barely used. The guy took 90 shots and never took it outdoors. It came with everything except the original box but sometimes if you're lucky you can find a seller that sells a bunch of extras (extra lens, equipment, bag etc) and you can get a steal. Make sure you ask the seller for the Actuation count. That's the number of time the person has pushed the trigger or how many shots the person has taken with that camera.

Last edited:
The last time I touched a camera.. Over a year ago. Lately I've been itching to get back in though. I think I just may do that.

Nothing too special at all. I'm no pro like some of you in here. Lol

Downtown LA.

The last time I touched a camera.. Over a year ago. Lately I've been itching to get back in though. I think I just may do that.
Nothing too special at all. I'm no pro like some of you in here. Lol
Downtown LA.

Nice. How long did you keep the shutter open for in this shot and what was your aperture set to?

How are you liking the D600 so far? I'm thinking about upgrading to either that or a D800 soon...
It's pretty dope so far. Moving up from a D5000, so I'm really impressed. It's a lot lighter than a lot of the upper-level DSLRs, and I figured that could come in handy when I start having heavier lenses on. I was looking at the D800 too, but I figured I'd use the money saved to go to more glass aside from the 24-70 I have coming in.

Canon > Nikon
Personal preference. I love the UI of Nikon's DSLRs. Don't get me wrong, I always debated getting a 7D and 5DMKII, but always found myself scratching my head trying to work them. 
eyes.gif

It's pretty dope so far. Moving up from a D5000, so I'm really impressed. It's a lot lighter than a lot of the upper-level DSLRs, and I figured that could come in handy when I start having heavier lenses on. I was looking at the D800 too, but I figured I'd use the money saved to go to more glass aside from the 24-70 I have coming in.

That's gravy. I started with a D5000 and then upgraded to the D7000. I can get the D800 body for 15% off... up to 30% off at times. I'm still deciding what I want to do.

That's gravy. I started with a D5000 and then upgraded to the D7000. I can get the D800 body for 15% off... up to 30% off at times. I'm still deciding what I want to do.

The main gripe for the D600 is the flash sync and shutter speed maxing out at 4000 per second. Also the focusing system is really bad and something that I am sort of regretting with even the Mark 2. If you watch the video above, the guy does say that the D800 and D600 aren't too far off from each other. I think the D800 might have a better focusing system but ISO is just as good or if not better. by the end of it, it comes down to preference on things. If you shoot for web and are on a budget, then I say get the D600 but if you do shooting some what professional with printing images and what not, then it might be worth getting the D800. If money is not an option, then get the Nikon D3S cause that camera kills!

Back
Top Bottom