The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I agree, I enjoy seeing everyone post pics.
But It would be a great addition to the thread if people tell us what kits they were using for each set of photos.
It really helps some of us out with our decisions on what to buy.
Ksteezy, id really love to know what lenses you use for your maternity/portrait sessions in your living room.
Also, why? If you have time of course, no rush. But im interested in pursuing a similar route with my photography and i love your shots.
So it would be great to hear why you make the decisions you do with your lenses for each type of shoot, based on your experience. :smokin

not sure if i posted this before, but is a shot my wife took while i was working with a couples maternity session some months ago, it really puts into perspective the amount of space i work with...the backdrop is 9ft wide and the space between the drop and the window is about 7.5ft....reallly not much, for full body shots im forced to using the 24L, for halfbody i can do 35L and 50L....50L is my limit, cant use anything passed that in the studio, i can only imagine the type of damage id do if i had the space since im so used to shooting in such little space.

7014866971_321b7c0b40_b.jpg

I chose maternity because it was a direct window to newborn photography which always fascinated me, unfortunately its alot of work and responsability so im pulling away from it into wedding photography, i love family/maternity/newborns, but i need to invest in a newborn posing workshop which can run me up to 5k....till then im pulling out on those.

some old ones from passed moms
6396011919_6b4dfb5ed4_b.jpg

6284607247_13db28f9f6_b.jpg

Just picked up my first L lens. 17-40 f/4 L
I've been doing small jobs to save up for it.
#Feelsgoodman

nothing like an L....im no gear *****, at least not anymore, but im very selective about the glass i buy and i will think very hard before purchasing anything thats not an L

they are expensive as hell, but worth every penny.....enjoy, the 17-40

Thanks man. I am learning. I definitely appreciate your work.

I got the rebel xs a few years ago and tbh never got into as much as I wanted to. I was thinking about downgrading to a decent micro 4/3s for a while and maybe going back to dslr later. Any reccomenations for a sub 500 micro 4/3s?
Also, whats the going rate for a rebel xs with about 2000 clicks?

I need one of these. These are the best messenger camera/laptop bags I have seen. I have been looking for a bag. I might pull the trigger on one of these soon.
2r5c22e.jpg

onabags

great stuff in here as usual fellas! finally putting my camera back to use again now that i'm done with school. some recent shots from Civic Center in downtown SF from this past weekend.

^^^^^^17mm? I really need to get wide angle.

Some shots of the same events from this past weekend:

war-games-6.jpg
war-games-11.jpg
war-games-5.jpg
war-games-1.jpg
war-games-3.jpg
war-games-4.jpg
war-games-12.jpg
war-games-18.jpg
war-games-23a.jpg
war-games-19.jpg
war-games-20.jpg
war-games-30.jpg

All shot with a Mark 2 and the Nifty Fifty.

Last edited:
nice action shots Fong. i actually took those with my 10-22 on an xsi, the bmx shot is just cropped. this lens is one of the only reasons i haven't seriously considered upgrading to a mark 2. i love that thing, even more so since my 50mm 1.4 is out of service for the time being :x

Alright professionals: I have a few questions:
I have a canon t2i with two different lenses. 1. 18-55mm 2. 55-250mm.

I'm going to India this december for the first time in 8 years, and I want to capture the moments.
What lens should I invest in?

Also with dunkmice,p for props, what software do you use for editing?
Any tutorials or such you guys reccomend to learn those softwares?

Thank you for any help :smile:

I'm going to India this december for the first time in 8 years, and I want to capture the moments.

Thank you for any help :smile:

the first page of the thread has alotta info ur lookin for

Thank you for any help
smile.gif
What you have is a pretty good set up. If you need some fast lens, look into a 50mm or a 17-55 lens. 
I currently use Photoshop CS5 & Lightroom 4. Everything was basically just playing around with both programs, thats how i got use to it. Youtube is your other bestfriend. 

What you have is a pretty good set up. If you need some fast lens, look into a 50mm or a 17-55 lens. 

I currently use Photoshop CS5 & Lightroom 4. Everything was basically just playing around with both programs, thats how i got use to it. Youtube is your other bestfriend. 

I totally agree with Rolo. And always shoot in RAW. This will help you tons in post processing. You can pretty much YouTube anything these days and there are a bunch of valuable videos out there. When you shoot get different looks (get a different perspective). To give you an example I took this shot with a $100 50mm 1.8. Edited with PS and LR. Also have fun, take your camera everywhere, and take a bunch of pics. :D
Before

After

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom