The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

a lot of good work up here guys. after 10+yrs of lurking/not posting, id figure its time to give back anyway i can. im not a photographer, but am a retoucher, so if any1 has any questions regarding post-production, let me know.

www.justinpaguia.com

i know i put my site up before to give advice, but i finally updated it after 3yrs. i answered a few questions last time on my old sn.

holla
whats good with that NT discount?

lol @sn00pee fa sho, i know ive copped my fair share of kicks from these boards from tips and hook ups.

thanks @ksteezy, your posts always brings the comedy btw

FYI to everyone, if you have any questions regarding how to shoot for a specific look to achieve in post, i like to read through retouchpro.com

its basically like this thread, but a whole message board dedicated instead.

Bretheren.... Beach Camera (and a couple others) have the Sigma 30mm 1.4 for 284 right now... Free 2 day shipping when checking out with amazon prime.

3 year extended USA warranty as well... I iknow the sigma's can be a crapshoot when it comes to getting one with out focusing issues.

But for that price I copped one quickkkkk.

Bretheren.... Beach Camera (and a couple others) have the Sigma 30mm 1.4 for 284 right now... Free 2 day shipping when checking out with amazon prime.

3 year extended USA warranty as well... I iknow the sigma's can be a crapshoot when it comes to getting one with out focusing issues.

I was actually condsidering that lens when I had my Nikon but all I heard was issues with focusing and clarity. The warranty makes up for it though. Seems like it should be a good lens for the price.

I was actually condsidering that lens when I had my Nikon but all I heard was issues with focusing and clarity. The warranty makes up for it though. Seems like it should be a good lens for the price.
Yeah... Most people love this lens but  always read that you have to be "lucky to get a good copy"...  Definitely worth the buy though with 3 year warranty.

Last edited:
test your might

pimp.gif

Just a quick question, new to this game... came across a Canon 20 D with the EFS 18-55mm lens for only $200. I looked it up and see its an older cam but for the price should I still copp? Help please.

Just a quick question, new to this game... came across a Canon 20 D with the EFS 18-55mm lens for only $200. I looked it up and see its an older cam but for the price should I still copp? Help please.
I wouldn't. If money is the issue I'm sure you can grab a used T2i kit on ebay for around 300 or a little bit more.

I ended up picking it up for $175, cam, lens, sd card, 2 batteries, and some kind of battery pack for it. For the price I figured it was a nice deal. After I learn how to work this I'm looking to purchase a t3i

Any of you know what a good asking price is for a used rebel XSi? Gonna be selling my gear soon but don't know how much to ask. Just the standard 18-55 IS kit lens with it. Have a couple other lenses but i'll be selling those separately. Thanks!

Last edited:
Any of you know what a good asking price is for a used rebel XSi? Gonna be selling my gear soon but don't know how much to ask. Just the standard 18-55 IS kit lens with it. Have a couple other lenses but i'll be selling those separately. Thanks!

Honestly I would even use that camera as just a backup cause XSi's are hardly worth a thing no more. I seen some T2i's for $300 or so and that camera is better. You could probably get a little over $200 or so which I think is hardly good money for it. I would keep it but that is just me.

And the dude that got the 20D, I would have bought a new camera or even that guy's XSi. You got it for the going price I guess but you should have gotten it for at tleast $150. You could probably even get it for cheaper.

Help needed...

I'm getting married in March & my fiance wants to have a few polaroid cameras for the kids to shoot with.

1 - Is this feasible?

2 - Best place to find reasonably-priced polaroids? Ebay?

3 - What model should I use?

4 - Polaroid film?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Help needed...

I'm getting married in March & my fiance wants to have a few polaroid cameras for the kids to shoot with.

1 - Is this feasible?

4 - Polaroid film?

That's a real cool idea.

You can usually find polaroid cameras in thrift stores... whether they work or not is the question.

Help needed...
1 - Is this feasible?
4 - Polaroid film?

whats your budget??...ever thought of a photobooth??...guests loooooveeee photobooths @ weddings, congrats btw

whats your budget??...ever thought of a photobooth??...guests loooooveeee photobooths @ weddings, congrats btw
We already have the photobooth... This is to keep the kids entertained -- offer a different perspective of the wedding.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom