The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Met this lil dude at Dolores Park today, Camacho:

Finally coming through here with some new work.

I was walking the same way the car was going. I turn around and see it coming at me really fast. I would’ve missed it if I held the camera to my face and looked through the viewfinder, so I held the camera out in front of me and pressed the shutter.

I got it!

Who here has a Sony Nex 5N, 5R, 6, 7? I'm really looking to get into photography and I wanna start off by getting a mirror less camera to start (love how there compact and small). realllly looking into the NEX 5R, just gotta save up for it. Good idea or nay?

Last edited:
Anyone shoot weddings? Got asked if i would be available for a wedding an engagement photos later in the year. Whats your normal set up if you do? Do you just normally go throughout the event for candid shots? In addition to the bridal and groom parties, do you set up some time for anyone else who may want a portrait?

Currently shooting with a d7000. Was thing of copping a d600 to jump into FX and use the d7000 as a backup. But I heard there where some issues with the sensor easily attracting dust and oil spots. Anyone have any input on that?

^^^^I actually think crops might do a better job for wedding photos. If you get a FX body, you will have to get a 85mm for sure but with a crop, you can evne make do with some 50mm for shooting portraits. Even an 85mm on a crop would be great as a telephoto for weddings. I would try and rent or invest in a good lens. That 24-70mm seems to be a popular lens.

Lens isn't really an issue for me. I have a mix of DX and FX (Nikon 35/1.8, 18-200, 50/1.8, and a tamron 28-75/2.8 ) my thing would be getting a second body to avoid having to switch lenses--keep the 28-75 on one and the 35mm (or rent something wider) on another for group shots. Issue is I don't see the point in have another d7000 so I'll try to jump into FX with the d600.

But does anyone use a shoulder rig? I've seen a photographer use one before at a wedding.

Last edited:
Fongstarr, if you get a contact request on Flickr, it's just me 
nerd.gif

Your photostream is pretty nice man. 

Thanks. I just added you back too.

Lens isn't really an issue for me. I have a mix of DX and FX (Nikon 35/1.8, 18-200, 50/1.8, and a tamron 28-75/2.8 ) my thing would be getting a second body to avoid having to switch lenses--keep the 28-75 on one and the 35mm (or rent something wider) on another for group shots. Issue is I don't see the point in have another d7000 so I'll try to jump into FX with the d600.

But does anyone use a shoulder rig? I've seen a photographer use one before at a wedding.

I haven't really been hearing a whole lot of super good things about the D600. It seems like it was a hit or miss. I know the D800 is in another price range of its own but I would seriously just save up for that rather then getting the D600.

second body is a must, not so much so that you dont have to switch lenses, but youll want to have a back up.

doesnt seem like you have the appropiate gear to be charging, hope you are doing it as a favor bro.....always be honest with the couple about how experienced you are

second body is a must, not so much so that you dont have to switch lenses, but youll want to have a back up.

doesnt seem like you have the appropiate gear to be charging, hope you are doing it as a favor bro.....always be honest with the couple about how experienced you are
its my sister's friend whose marrying my boy's older brother. They need it to be cheap so they're getting me lol

Back
Top Bottom