The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

its been a long time since ive posted in this thread but heres a few shots from the Curren$y concert in Houston on *****....

Last edited:
^^^^^^^Can't believe you are shooting your whole blog in film. Nice stuff. A lot of character with each shot. Are you only shooting ISO 400? Seems like your photos are grainier then that.

Finally shot some shots but nothing too different from the normal. Figure to shoot it now before they turn it off soon. No hate to the Warriors cause I am a bigger fan with them then then the GIants and 49ers but it is what it is with Lee out.

gsw-1a.jpg
gsw-3.jpg
gsw-2.jpg

^^^^^^^Can't believe you are shooting your whole blog in film. Nice stuff. A lot of character with each shot. Are you only shooting ISO 400? Seems like your photos are grainier then that.

Thanks homie I appreciate that. Yes I'm primarily shooting with ISO 400 film. The grainy ones were shot with the not so great Kodak BW400CN film in very low light, hence the grain. But with the Portra and Fuji Pro, there's a lot less grain. Especially in the posts between my last two and first post.

Great shots of city hall btw!

Anybody in here who has dealt with shooting 120mm... medium format?

What cam were/are you using?

I used a yashica tlr and a hasselblad. I liked the yashica because it was smaller than the hasselblad, thus easier to carry and shoot outdoors. They both were great.

You'll need a handheld lightmeter though since it's not built into the cameras.

Last edited:
I used a yashica tlr and a hasselblad. I liked the yashica because it was smaller than the hasselblad, thus easier to carry and shoot outdoors. They both were great.

You'll need a handheld lightmeter though since it's not built into the cameras.
Yeah, a light meter will be necessary.

How much did you purchase each camera for?

The look these cameras give off is beautiful... the depth of field is nice!

Last edited:
Yeah, a light meter will be necessary.

How much did you purchase each camera for?

The look these cameras give off is beautiful... the depth of field is nice!

Prices vary.

Yashica has a bunch of different TLRs. The one I (Mat 124g) got has a built in light meter. I tested it out against a handheld light meter and my DSLR, and it's pretty accurate.

I got that one for a little under 300 on etsy.

The hasselblad cost a little more. The one I use is the school's, but those are around $1,000 with lens and film back. Probably luck up on one through eBay for cheap. Also, etsy users sometimes have it.

Great work as usual fellas. With I could do film...just don't have the patience and the confidence.

Messing with double exposures:

Took out the old D-lux and took some shots:

Prices vary.

Yashica has a bunch of different TLRs. The one I (Mat 124g) got has a built in light meter. I tested it out against a handheld light meter and my DSLR, and it's pretty accurate.

I got that one for a little under 300 on etsy.

The hasselblad cost a little more. The one I use is the school's, but those are around $1,000 with lens and film back. Probably luck up on one through eBay for cheap. Also, etsy users sometimes have it.
Yeah I'm pretty sure a Yashica is going to be more within my price range...

Did you have the standard lens on your Yashica?

Yeah I'm pretty sure a Yashica is going to be more within my price range...

Did you have the standard lens on your Yashica?

Yes. It's 80mm for medium format cameras.

There's other companies that made TLRs like Mamiya, Rolleiflex (probably the most well known), etc. There's also cheap plastic ones as well.

Awesome shots on this page guys! Making me want to trade in my D3100 for a Canon now :lol:

Last edited:
Yes. It's 80mm for medium format cameras.

There's other companies that made TLRs like Mamiya, Rolleiflex (probably the most well known), etc. There's also cheap plastic ones as well.
Thanks for the info! I'm going to do some research.

FiveD... nice shot of the vendor.

One from today.

Back
Top Bottom