The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

started following a handful of y'all on IG. Drop your IG name here, so I can follow all of yall.

Here's mine: C1908Flicks
pimp.gif
lol
anthonysees93

It won't let me post the image since I'm on my phone, but go to ephotocraft.com and then select the tripod and put it in your cart. Check out, and in the SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS field, not promo code, type in "expo13" and continue checkout. It won't show the price drop until they process the order

Thanks. I went ahead and ordered it. Hopefully they honor that code. I did it exactly how you said to. I have been looking at it for a while and 125 is a hell of a come up from 200.

^ they should. That's exactly how they told me to do it when I called. Let me know what happens!!

^ they should. That's exactly how they told me to do it when I called. Let me know what happens!!

I will. Thanks. Now I gotta find a tripod head and I can cross that off my list. Lighting modifiers are really the only thing I have to focus on buying.

*update*

Logged into my account and they applied the instant rebate. Good look on the hookup my dude.

Last edited:
I went to a local thrift store to wander around in hopes of finding something good... usually books and whatnot.

I saw a KODAK slide projector box, I opened it and BAM!! It still had the slides in it!

On the box it says "family trip Europe" and is dated 1969.

It had more information on it but it was covered with white-out. I got some acetone to remove it and was able to read "Family Gorge & Montgomery".

There are about 60+ slides in total. I scanned a couple. Here they are!

Ektachrome.

I meant twilight hour when it's this deep blue. No way you can get the lights of the city and the sky that blue otherwise. You would either lose one or the other. There was literally like 5 other photographers shooting the same thing and once it got dark, everyone left.

If you're in the market for a 60d body only this is a pretty good price. I would jump on it before it's gone.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/eos-60d-body-refurbished?WT.mc_id=C126149

$451 after you add it to the cart.

And this Canon 70-200mm becomes out to $1899 AFTER the $300 rebate. Add it to the cart and it is $2199.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...200mm_f_2_8L_IS.html?sub=cpw&sid=cpw-14159881

Again for being a brand new lens this is another great deal if you got the $$ right now.

Last edited:
^^^^^^It was with a Canon 24mm. I shot it pretty close this time as apposed to being at the end of the pier. Honestly I just wanted a quick shot and was kind of in a hurry. I should have at least not cut off the lower chair.

Shot these last night at the GZA concert. First time really shooting at ISO 3200 but honestly it was the only way and it worked out with black and white photos and some editing. But the ratio from good to bad photos was insane. Like 1 clear to 20 blurry. I guess it had to do that there were no real concert lights as this was in sort of a restaurant. Thank god this place didn't care about cameras and I sort of gunned to the front of the stage when I got there.

a-plus-2a.jpg
a-plus-1.jpg
gza-2a.jpg
gza-3a.jpg
gza-1a.jpg

^Does canon make a 25mm?

Does anyone own a sigma 35mm f1.4? I want to get one but not sure how it compares to canon's as far as bokeh goes. I heard it's great but wanted to see if anyone on here owned one. There's one on ebay for $800 shipped in brand new condition. I was thinking of getting a 5D MK2 this year but after Fong suggested that the AF isn't the greatest I am saving up for a Mk3 and hopefully will get one next year for a decent price. Just want to grab a prime at a good price this holiday season.

Last edited:
Can someone explain why the bokeh on my 50mm f/1.2 lens is cut off? It's not a perfect circle like the f/1.4 and they have the same number of lens elements. I'm confused...

Is this just what f/1.2 looks like?

10795233355_ff4a51b813_o.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody in here develop their own black and white film?

I've been doing so at school for the past 2 months or so...

I asked a local mom n pop camera store how much it'd cost for everything that's needed to develop at home... duke said it'd be about $50 roughly.

ok so i'm looking to finally buy an entry level DSLR before the year's up....here's what i'm hearing so far

Canon entry level DSLR> Nikon entry level DSLR

entry level DSLRs with the right lens = just as good as the professional DSLRs

Canon has better video quality for the EL DSLR

That's pretty much it. Oh and it's primarily for taking pics of sneakers and/or sports

Also looking for either the T3i or D3100( any compare and which is better comments btw the two would be much appreciated)
Thanks

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom