The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I would like to get a wider lens for my D3100, but I don't know the first thing about lenses.

What should I look for when buying a new lens? This will mainly be used for self portraits

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on one of these nikon d3200 bundles this weekend. Might be in here asking a lot of questions. Thanks in advance

Film. IQ is turrble.

First time shooting people with film... nothing great, but I am happy.

Gave my Tumblr a new look... go check it! In sig!

Last edited:
Just released. Oddly it is only available in Europe and Asia for now.

Specifications

APS-C 18MP sensor
Hybrid CMOS AF II
AF Speed 2.3 times faster
AF Servo in Video Mode
Image processing engine DIGIC 5
4.6fps burst rate
ISO range 100-12800 (25600 extended)
About a 10% smaller than the Canon EOS M
Wifi in camera
Can operate the camera with a smartphone.
Wireless image transfer to the smartphone

^^^Not that night. SF is so odd with its weather. Like today it seems pretty cold but Sunday night was really nice for the most part. What sucks is how the sunsets on the other side because the colors were way more vibrant but there really is nothing to shoot. Perhaps I should try and do a sunrise shot with the painted ladies.

And with that tree shot, I sort of have been noticing some cool shadows lately. I wish I had a 14mm because the shadows would be way more exaggerated but this will do for now. I shot these a while back too and it was just the right time with the fog and sun going down.

shadows-1.jpg
shadows-2.jpg

^^^^Seriously. I almost hate the guy.....but that hate as in love hate. His captures are just way too clean but I know he post processes the hell out of them too. His colors look way too smooth for it to not have a single grain in it at all. But he uses some crazy long lens for those moon shots. I remember watching a video explaining how the longer the zoom, the closer background objects seem to appear and vice versa for wide angle lenses and how things are way farther.

Like these almost seem fake to me.....but they aren't:

9136165952_a1949cbf52_c.jpg
8477175717_e356f31d79_c.jpg
8055670439_31c10877a2_c.jpg

And he had this on his Flicker too:

7162738902_7d5fea341a.jpg

I think he uses a lot of post processing also. In the coit tower pic he posted that he used a 800mm lens for it. I wonder what his shots look like unedited.

i'm very new to photography, but I purchased my first DSLR over the summer that I've been learning on for a few months (Nikon D3100)

can someone school me on 35mm lenses?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom