The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

I can't believe how expensive those housings are. It's damn near more than a camera body. https://aquatech.net/sport-housings/canon-sport-housings/. If I had one, I'd be in the water all damn day just to get my money's worth.

waverder.....you ever shoot surfers? I am into skating more so but I just love how surf photography looks.

surf-photography-alex-frings-4.jpg

sure do..

Those wave shots are sick.

Is that Joshua Tree?

I'm moving down to Irvine this week. Probably gonna make a drive out there before school starts.

some nice wave and surfing pictures up there ...

21462337731_d32256aab1_c.jpg

I think i might of have over processed this one .. lol

Last edited:
sick photos waverder

hesitating on buying cheaper versions like this DiCaPac case but im just scared that water might still get in especially when waves start hitting :lol:

sick photos waverder

hesitating on buying cheaper versions like this DiCaPac case but im just scared that water might still get in especially when waves start hitting :lol:

Haha. Yeah I would never go cheap to protect my equipment. I use to to think water housings were too expansive that cost more than a body and lens! Took me a few years until I finally invested and I can now appreciate them and understand why they're expensive. The quality you can capture underwater or around the water w a DSLR is [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

Here's a shot of a Hawaiian Honu on my recent trip to Hawaii

Shot w/ Canon 7D MK II + Sigma 10mm 2.8 + Aquatech water housing + 8" dome port

My set up in Hawaii w a Hero 4 Black Edition above

Hawaiian Honu

Are Milky Way photos hard to do? Seems a bit of a challenge IMO.

I could never do one but from what I see, it's a combination of the conditions given and editing in post and shooting in RAW. Most shots I see of the milky way before post production actually looks quite bland. Like you see it but it's not as distinct as it is after.

3750%2BMilky-way-transition.jpg

Also you need to have literally no light in sight, including the moon. I guess you actually have to shoot according to the phase of the moon as well. Stack your photos as well. It will help in just getting some cleaner shots where you don't have to shoot in total high ISO.

Need input fellas.

Got $250 gift card to B&H and trying to figure out what to get, so far the only thing I've thought about was the Lee Big Stopper bundle.

Thoughts or ideas of something else to get?

Current lineup of gear:
D700
24mm
24-70mm
70-200mm
50mm
60mm
85mm
SB-900
MeFoto Globetrotter Tripod
InCase ProPack

Need input fellas.

Got $250 gift card to B&H and trying to figure out what to get, so far the only thing I've thought about was the Lee Big Stopper bundle.

Current lineup of gear:
D700
24mm
24-70mm
70-200mm
50mm
60mm
85mm
SB-900
InCase ProPack

Filters?

^^^I agree. Get your self a nice set of gradient filters or a super duper ND filter. Or if you want to learn flash stuff, go get some Yongnuos.

Need input fellas.

Current lineup of gear:
D700
24mm
24-70mm
70-200mm
50mm
60mm
85mm
SB-900
InCase ProPack

the answer is really in what do you shoot, or want to shoot? that will probably inform your decision...

Need input fellas.

Current lineup of gear:
D700
24mm
24-70mm
70-200mm
50mm
60mm
85mm
SB-900
InCase ProPack

Filters?

^the lee big stopper kit is a set of external filters that can mount to various lenses independent of the individual lens threads...

Need input fellas.

Current lineup of gear:
D700
24mm
24-70mm
70-200mm
50mm
60mm
85mm
SB-900
InCase ProPack

^^^I agree. Get your self a nice set of gradient filters or a super duper ND filter. Or if you want to learn flash stuff, go get some Yongnuos.

the answer is really in what do you shoot, or want to shoot? that will probably inform your decision...
^the lee big stopper kit is a set of external filters that can mount to various lenses independent of the individual lens threads...

Def depends on what you want to shoot. I'm guessing with the current lens arsenal you shoot portraits, maybe even weddings. This would prob blow your budget but has been amazing for me... Westcott Rapid Box. I was shooting with a big Apollo Orb and Alien Bee 800 but kept feeling like it was too powerful. Saw my friend shooting with the Rapid Box and loved the results. I switched over to using it also. I think it's like $200 for the kit.

Word. Appreciate all the feedback fellas. I am still quite the rookie and don't have a niche as a shooter. I mostly wanted to be able to capture photos of my 2 sons and all that they get into but also take advantage of all that livin in SF has to offer.

I was fortunate to come up on this gear from a coworker who was downsizing to mirror less. I may do some low key photoshoots for friends and fam and see where that goes but don't plan on doin it full time

So mostly doin landscape and street photography around SF, the greater Bay Area and other parts of Cali (or anywhere I travel really).

Man a lot of great stuff from the last two pages. :smokin

Recent stuff. Was able to shoot a wedding on the 3rd highest building in San Francisco. What an experience.

More on the blog.

IG - @dunksrnice
www.dunksrnice.net

Starting to learn how to manipulate light to create more dynamic scenes.

Shot at sacramento zoo

Random mural in sacramento

I recently got connected with a local pro photographer and she has been letting me second shoot some of her weddings. I am learning so much and its a lot of fun. Here is a candid moment with some groomsmen form the first..

The bride from that wedding was :smokin :lol:

I missed the focus though... :x :x :x :x :x :smh:

More experimentation with lighting.

You guys actually made me go out and find a place to shoot a Milky Way tonight ....

This is the 1st ever and I think my last - I couldn't see **** and to many deers, bears and coyotes out ... I'm not about that life! LMAO

Let me know what you guys think and which edit you like best .....

21478176496_52772c5342_c.jpg
21317518089_349fa2f9ec_c.jpg

Last edited:
Great astro shots. Out of curiosity what was the location? I have several camping trips upstate NY planned for the next few months, and will attempt this. What were your settings btw?

Dude I feel you :lol:

First time I went by myseld I heard like coyotes and it probably wasn't but I had a feeling it was like a mountain lion or some **** :lol:

Stayed for 5 minutes then decided to dip :lol:

Back
Top Bottom