The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Shot my boy's engagement this weekend.

Most of the files are >10mb.. i'll have to make them smaller before uploading more.

So I had a better shoot this weekend with my sister's engagement pics. Shot this in Pacifica with no one in sight which helped a lot. Rented the 135mm but the lens would not focus to infinity because I guess it was faulty, so I was limited to just my 50mm and my wide lenses. Still learning a lot but this was a lot better than the week anyways.

This was my "natural"l edit but I plan on using some Lightroom filters with another edit to see if i can get some more dynamic colors. Sorry for the photo dump.

steph-and-pat-1.png
steph-and-pat-11.png
steph-and-pat-2.png
steph-and-pat-14.png
steph-and-pat-7.png
steph-and-pat-13.png
steph-and-pat-4a.png
steph-and-pat-12.png
steph-and-pat-6.png
steph-and-pat-5.png

Last edited:
damn @Fongstarr those are awesome. just wanted to ask for those using lightroom, do yall have any favorite presets that you find yourself gravitating towards when post processing? if so, where did you get them from? additionally, do yall go out shooting with those same presets and filters in mind for the final product, or do you just experiment with different looks during your workflow until you come across something that you like? just wanted to hear from yall's methods and practices from those willing to share.

Last edited:
damn @Fongstarr those are awesome. just wanted to ask for those using lightroom, do yall have any favorite presets that you find yourself gravitating towards when post processing? if so, where did you get them from? additionally, do yall go out shooting with those same presets and filters in mind for the final product, or do you just experiment with different looks during your workflow until you come across something that you like? just wanted to hear from yall's methods and practices from those willing to share.

i mostly just experiment (which probably isn't the best for my consistency), don't use presets though i know if you do you googles you can find many that are created by other users. generally want for my images to have more punchy contrast and i usually edit them to that affect...as for when actually shooting the only thing i try to be aware of for edits is how much/whether or not to over/under expose for highlights/shadows...

^^^Did you end up getting version 2? Looks good.

Thanks Fong!

I actually ended up buying a used version 1. As much as I wanted the new one, I couldn't really see me dropping that much change for one.

I kept telling myself I'd like the old one more cause it's smaller, lighter, and wouldn't break the bank. No regrets yet. :lol:

Thanks Fong!

I actually ended up buying a used version 1. As much as I wanted the new one, I couldn't really see me dropping that much change for one.

I kept telling myself I'd like the old one more cause it's smaller, lighter, and wouldn't break the bank. No regrets yet. :lol:

I think you made the right choice. I think even if you went the Sigma route, you'd be fine. All that stuff is really pixel peepin' type things and all are pretty good to go for the most part.

Oddly I have never shot with a 35mm yet. My Tamron goes to 30mm but it's a f/2.8. I should rent that lens and take it for a stroll one day.

So I had a better shoot this weekend with my sister's engagement pics. Shot this in Pacifica with no one in sight which helped a lot. Rented the 135mm but the lens would not focus to infinity because I guess it was faulty, so I was limited to just my 50mm and my wide lenses. Still learning a lot but this was a lot better than the week anyways.

This was my "natural"l edit but I plan on using some Lightroom filters with another edit to see if i can get some more dynamic colors. Sorry for the photo dump.

steph-and-pat-12.png

I love when I see an awesome set of images. Great shots! Posing, Composition, and Lighting spot on!

Thanks guys. My sister was a lot easier to work with and the area we shot was perfect considering the weather is mostly foggy. I used a reflector for the shot on the right and it helped a lot. I didn't think that one thing would be that helpful in these types of scenarios. I hope to get a couple of more locations down before the wedding but it's pretty much a year away. Hopefully by the end of it, they'll get a ton of photos to have at the wedding to display and all for free. She's damn lucky I actually like doing this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom