The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

beyonce-luomo-vogue.jpg

can anyone tell me what kind of gear that photographers using on his camera? The camera itself looks like a 5dii...but what lens would that be, and whats the purpose of that little antenna on top of his flash?

Sorry for the amateur question...i just don't know how to google this question its a complex one 
laugh.gif
My humble attempt at answering.

probably a 35mm L series (i see a red ring)

and a flash remote possibly? the antenna signals the flashes to go off when the shutter button is clicked.

Originally Posted by Cobra Kai

Originally Posted by LiCeNseD To BaLL

beyonce-luomo-vogue.jpg

can anyone tell me what kind of gear that photographers using on his camera? The camera itself looks like a 5dii...but what lens would that be, and whats the purpose of that little antenna on top of his flash?

Sorry for the amateur question...i just don't know how to google this question its a complex one 
laugh.gif
My humble attempt at answering.

probably a 35mm L series (i see a red ring)

and a flash remote possibly? the antenna signals the flashes to go off when the shutter button is clicked.
It's a gripped 5D Mark II + 24-70 f/2.8L + PocketWizard Plus II Tranceiver (remotely triggers flash).

Originally Posted by supa vegetto

Guys can you help me decide between these models..

D3100 v D5000 v D5100 or any other Nikon that is around the same price range 500-800

obviously they all have different price points and different specs but if anyone can tell me which is the best bang for your buck?

i've been using a D200 for the past year and I want/need to upgrade to a body that is capable of video without compromising picture quality.

Thanks guys.
The D5000 doesnt auto focus with video so I'd stay away from it even though its what I use. The d5100 has a nicer display which besides the bump in specs is the only thing that sets it apart from the d3100.  If you're already have some nikon lenses you can grab the d5100 body for $800.
HankMoody wrote:
So I recently purchased a D3100 with the kit lens...

Already thinking about a list of stuff to buy in the future and would like suggestions (I already have a couple memory cards):

(1) "nifty-fifty" lens
(2) external flash mount
(3) extra battery
(4) case (??)
(5) ??

I'm not buying any of this now but once I go through Understanding Exposure a few times and take a couple thousand shots, I hope to buy these extras together. Just wondering if there is anything I'm missing or if someone could suggest something in any of these categories.

Get the nikon 35mm 1.8 lens. On a cropped body its equivalent to a 50mm.  The thing is sharp too.  Probably best bang for you buck lens wise you'll ever spend.  As for flash check out the nikon sb600. it pops up every so often in nikons refurb store for about $180.  Good deal tons of features.

So I've had my D3100 since Christmas and have yet to really get involved with it. All I do is Point & Shoot.
I don't really understand anything else.
Can anyone guide me to a tutorial where I can fully utilize this camera?

Originally Posted by omgitswes

So I've had my D3100 since Christmas and have yet to really get involved with it. All I do is Point & Shoot.
I don't really understand anything else.
Can anyone guide me to a tutorial where I can fully utilize this camera?

To speak for myself since im pretty new to it all and still learning a lot daily. First just get familiar with your camera its settings and capabilities figure out what it can do and cannot. Get used to certain terms so that when you hear them you know exactly what people are talking about. Get to know your lens its max and minimum aperture. Join sites like this and flickr and post some pics for critique so you can know what your doing wrong. Try something new rather then just pointing and shooting try and have a story behind it or a vision try and change the way you see it. Thats just my opinion and how I look at it
ohwell.gif

I have two lenses and don't know when to use which one. I've read the manual for the camera and still lost.
I'm going to check out some more photography forums and maybe other users with the same camera can help me out

Originally Posted by burstmode7d

Sick capture! What is he gapping though? How'd he get so much air?
I would've kept it purely black and white, no colored tones.

Oh yeah, the man 3rd from the left is sooo outta place.
laugh.gif

just bought a 5D mark ii and received it today. upgraded from the t2i i had since february and wow, what difference it makes when i use my 24-70! the background separation is clearer and images are so clean even at high ISO. i want to get a 35L next but i think i'm gona take a break for a while ...there's a huge hole in my wallet.

Back
Top Bottom