The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Well, the Sigma's a 24-70 2.8 I think...

I guess it comes down to build/quality of the Tam vs Sig?

I wanted the 24-70 2.8 Nikkor... till I saw the price.
eek.gif

honestly tamron and sigma are very similar for the most part, I wouldn't stress between which one to get.....at least thats my opinion..
i own the nikkor 24-70...it was my last purchase and the lens is a beauty, i had the 24-70L and the IQ on the nikkor is much better...used it on my last family session..
happy.gif

6164818963_70fd0a66dc_b.jpg

6164815273_a67cd06463_b.jpg

^ Nice... shot at 24mm?

Also, what kind of post-processing Photoshop do you guys do (if any)? Is there a standard list of stuff you guys do (cropping, tweaking contrast, sharpness, whatever) or does it depend on the photo?

Originally Posted by santi19

Thinking of buying an SLR.
This good?
http://www.costco.com/Bro...se=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|90607|83|87150&N=4047261&Mo=11&pos=0&No=4&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=87150&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC10604-Cat83&topnav=
Great camera to start with. I would just purchase the body alone and invest in glass. Good glass lasts FOREVER. 
Here's another Jellyfish shot I forgot to post before: 

site is up guys! finally.... peep my twitter for the link (it contains nudity so i can't link on NT)

I'm putting together a portfolio too. It's sparse but I will populate it soon enough. Currently just the last set plus some of my paintings. More photos to come.

man, looking at these pictures makes me realize I have so much yet to learn. and this gets me excited! great stuff. love the jellyfish shots, are those at an aquarium? spectacular stuff all around fellas.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

eek.gif

honestly tamron and sigma are very similar for the most part, I wouldn't stress between which one to get.....at least thats my opinion..
i own the nikkor 24-70...it was my last purchase and the lens is a beauty, i had the 24-70L and the IQ on the nikkor is much better...used it on my last family session..
happy.gif
I thought you used Canon bodies. Please explain this and yes I am rookie in this photo game. 

^^^^Probably just talking about when he had a Nikon since he said it was his last purchase, assuming he went on and got a Canon body after. There is a Nikon adaptor though you can put on a Canon body but I think the automatic zoom will be disabled on the Nikon lens. It's kind of useless because there aren't a lot of Nikon lenses that Canon doesn't already have as an equivalent.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

man, looking at these pictures makes me realize I have so much yet to learn. and this gets me excited! great stuff. love the jellyfish shots, are those at an aquarium? spectacular stuff all around fellas.

couldn't agree with you more. everytime i have a brain lock or get lazy and don't want to shoot, all i gotta do is come to this thread and get inspired. and yep, the jellyfish shots are from an aquarium. i wanted a different look and not the prototypical orange/yellow jellyfish shot. the b/w ended up looking pretty nice.

Originally Posted by Predata08

Originally Posted by ksteezy

eek.gif

happy.gif
I thought you used Canon bodies. Please explain this and yes I am rookie in this photo game. 

i shoot both now, canon and nikon...i started off with Canon, but realized my shooting needs called for a more advanced and reliable AF system, shooting toddlers is tough as it is, since they don't really pose and nailing the focus was becoming an issue, specially since i like to shoot wide open, so i decided to make my second body a nikon d700, so now i keep the primes on canon and my zooms on nikon....been shooting like this for about 2 months and done quite a bit of shoots and i couldn't be happier with the move!

Back
Top Bottom