The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

hoping to get some good feedback here

i recently bought a canon t3i. its my first dslr and im still a beginner at taking photos. ive taken some pretty decent photos of action shots or nature stills and im getting better 

but its about that time my sister needs to take graduation photos and my parents asked me to do it since i have a nice camera and they dont wanna drop alot of money if they dont need to

any tips? i have just the basic 55-80 af lens that came with it. thinking about upgrading to a new lenses. what do you guys think?

hoping to get some good feedback here

i recently bought a canon t3i. its my first dslr and im still a beginner at taking photos. ive taken some pretty decent photos of action shots or nature stills and im getting better 

but its about that time my sister needs to take graduation photos and my parents asked me to do it since i have a nice camera and they dont wanna drop alot of money if they dont need to

any tips? i have just the basic 55-80 af lens that came with it. thinking about upgrading to a new lenses. what do you guys think?
Don't use the cameras flash.

Learn how to manipulate natural light using reflectors.

Go on youtube and see how it's done and practice yourself.

Some snaps on the streets of Harajuku:

really kicking myself for not taking a pic of her shoes for the triptych :/

I've been trying to shoot more and more lately to develop my understanding of photography. I know that many people have emphasized the correct manipulation and utilization of aperture, shutter speed, and Iso, for correct exposures. I've been using the internal light meter within my d90 to help guide me when I shoot, is there anything else I should pay attention to when capturing correct exposures or is the light meter enough of a promising and reliable tool to help me keep shooting?

I've been trying to shoot more and more lately to develop my understanding of photography. I know that many people have emphasized the correct manipulation and utilization of aperture, shutter speed, and Iso, for correct exposures. I've been using the internal light meter within my d90 to help guide me when I shoot, is there anything else I should pay attention to when capturing correct exposures or is the light meter enough of a promising and reliable tool to help me keep shooting?

I just think you have to know when to set your camera for the right situation, assuming you are shooting on manual. Like knowing when to shoot more open for portraits, more closed for landscape and knowing when you use ISO for action shots or low light scenarios. That understanding will get you the better shots for the right scenario. The light meter inside is just really a guide to tell you if you shots are going to be blown out or not. The rest should be your own general knowledge of how to shoot. I still have issues myself since I only shoot specific styles. If someone gave me an external flash, I wouldn't even know how to set that up right.

Questions for all you guys. I might pull the trigger on getting a used 14mm 2.8L but the guy I am getting it from just sent me pics and it has a scratch on the lens. I've never really encountered issues with scratches before on lenses so do you guys know if this will highly effect my shots? Especially with long exposures? He's selling the lens for $1600 and new ones go for a little over $2000 on B&H.

14mm.jpg

I just think you have to know when to set your camera for the right situation, assuming you are shooting on manual. Like knowing when to shoot more open for portraits, more closed for landscape and knowing when you use ISO for action shots or low light scenarios. That understanding will get you the better shots for the right scenario. The light meter inside is just really a guide to tell you if you shots are going to be blown out or not. The rest should be your own general knowledge of how to shoot. I still have issues myself since I only shoot specific styles. If someone gave me an external flash, I wouldn't even know how to set that up right.

Questions for all you guys. I might pull the trigger on getting a used 14mm 2.8L but the guy I am getting it from just sent me pics and it has a scratch on the lens. I've never really encountered issues with scratches before on lenses so do you guys know if this will highly effect my shots? Especially with long exposures? He's selling the lens for $1600 and new ones go for a little over $2000 on B&H.

14mm.jpg
Seeing that scratch made me cringe!

Idk dude... Will the sale be final?

^^^He said his price was firm but I haven't even bargained with him yet. Wonder if he would sell it for $1500 instead. I looked up some stuff online and it seems for the most part that scratches don't really effect the shot but within f11-f22, it might. The thing is, the scratch is towards the middle cause if it was more on the edge, I wouldn't have cared as much with fringing and all. Also people have said that the scratch might be the coating and not the actual glass but if I shoot say at the sun, the light might refract from it a little and create and odd glare or something. It's hard to say if it is worth it cause but +$400 off the retail price seems pretty nice. The rest of the body is practically new aside from this one flaw.

Thanks Ben! I've been trying to find ways of making club photography exciting/different for me. The ones I posted I slowed the shutter speed down those two nights to capture the movement and the different lighting in the clubs.. *shrug..
I like this one! Did you try it in black & white?

Thanks man. Naw I haven't tried in b&w, Imma try it out right now haha

Just copped my first SLR last night. Canon t4i. Going to put a lot of hours into learning how to take great pics like you all. Any advice other than to practice?

Back
Top Bottom