The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

So I went home on leave last week, while there my parents house was broken into and my t3i was stolen. Getting $ from my insurance but was wondering if the jump to a t5i or even 70d will be worth it?

Sorry to hear about that. A t5i wouldn't be that much of an upgrade from a T3i. I own a T3i and I haven't seen much of a difference with the newer models, as far as image quality goes. If you wanna jump up and go full frame, I know the 6D was on sale a while back.

So I went home on leave last week, while there my parents house was broken into and my t3i was stolen. Getting $ from my insurance but was wondering if the jump to a t5i or even 70d will be worth it?
I think so. I really like my 70d as I upgraded from my 50d. I'm buying a 6d next.

Hopefully I can pick something up locally cause I don't get paid till friday and don't wanna pay same day shipping prices. The Neweer TT560 I had was really nice from amazon but that Yongnuo was my second option which I see now I prob should have chose first

Hopefully I can pick something up locally cause I don't get paid till friday and don't wanna pay same day shipping prices. The Neweer TT560 I had was really nice from amazon but that Yongnuo was my second option which I see now I prob should have chose first

I live in Miami, and have seen the Yongnuo in some of the independent electronic shops in the mall. I didn't check the price on them but maybe you can find one where you live.

Going up to Tahoe....Thinking of copping another lens.

My 75-300 has proven to be useless...I have a 50 1.8 and my kit. Any suggestions on another wide angle? I'm leaving tomorrow.

Hectic couple of weeks, but had 2 shoots on Sunday. One of them was an engagement shoot, here are a couple:

Best bang for your buck as far as wide angle is concerned. I believe they are at Best Buy, so you can even scoop it up fast.

hands-on-canon-10-18mm-4.jpg

Going up to Tahoe....Thinking of copping another lens.

My 75-300 has proven to be useless...I have a 50 1.8 and my kit. Any suggestions on another wide angle? I'm leaving tomorrow.

Anyone?

if you don't mind manual focus, the samyang/rokinon brandedwide angles are praised for their quality, decent handling of chromatic aberrations & fast apertures at a fraction of the cost...but you'd defnitely have to order online...

Goste

Cool work, but you really have to find a stylist my dude. That styling is atrocious ...

Also, did you fake the bokeh? Something looks off - either the bokeh is faked or you tried to do something with the bg.

hey - I don't have the network yet to have a stylist to work w. these amateur models, but it'd def be a big help. 

And no, no faking of the bokeh. That's shooting on the telephoto end of a 70-200 @ f/4. 

hey - I don't have the network yet to have a stylist to work w. these amateur models, but it'd def be a big help. 

And no, no faking of the bokeh. That's shooting on the telephoto end of a 70-200 @ f/4. 
There's def something going on around the model ... a weird halo blur ....

I understand what you mean man, but as the photographer - you need to dictate what's happening. If not, you are just wasting your time. Chick has a cooked hat, bandana, shorts with corny belt,, sunglasses on an overcast day and terrible bowtide shoes ... not to mention that necklesss man!

You need to edit the chicks at least ......

This is sounding less and less like a critique and moreso an attack. 

I don't know what you do for a living, and if you do shoot full time, good for you. For people still coming up, we have to make concessions. In a perfect world, I would love to be able to control every aspect of every single one of my shoots. Unfortunately, that is rarely the case for me. The wardrobe was an issue going out, but in my shoes, I have to take every opportunity I have to shoot when I have the chance. My focus is getting the posing, the shot, and the feeling I wanted when I set out to take the photos. I can't afford to call a shoot off because her shoes don't match. I'd rather shoot some, get the work in, than not shoot at all.

And as far as "editing the chick at least," I did edit her, and removed blemishes. However, I did not make her perfect and smooth her skin and all the above as a conscious decision to keep the photo as "raw" looking as possible. As that was the mood I was looking to set. 

Regardless, thank you for your input and I look forward to seeing your work on here as well.

Last edited:

I don't know what you do for a living, and if you do shoot full time, good for you. For people still coming up, we have to make concessions. In a perfect world, I would love to be able to control every aspect of every single one of my shoots. Unfortunately, that is rarely the case for me. The wardrobe was an issue going out, but in my shoes, I have to take every opportunity I have to shoot when I have the chance. My focus is getting the posing, the shot, and the feeling I wanted when I set out to take the photos. I can't afford to call a shoot off because her shoes don't match. I'd rather shoot some, get the work in, than not shoot at all.

And as far as "editing the chick at least," I did edit her, and removed blemishes. However, I did not make her perfect and smooth her skin and all the above as a conscious decision to keep the photo as "raw" looking as possible. As that was the mood I was looking to set. 

Regardless, thank you for your input and I look forward to seeing your work on here as well.

Good work bruh. I like the shots!

SMH @ you and the person that liked your comment.

I gave you good insight - think about your equipment and how much it cost and about your time ... all that = money ... while I understand that you are starting out - you have to take control of YOUR shoot. What's the point of shooting if it's not going to improve your portfolio?

I didn't say to cancel your shoot, rather take control - tell her to remove the neckless hat glasses belt off - then start building from there. Right now you have a cluster of stuff going on that does not make sense at all ... Especially when she is trying to pull some type of high fashion poses.

You can call it what you want, but what Im telling you is actually information to benefit you and it will benefit you if you actually listen and apply it. With that said - none of that has anything to do with what you did but rather what you let happen.

Take it as a personal attack if you want, but don't be so sensitive - probably be the last time I try to give you some constructive criticism ..

I don't know if its a personal attack or what, but judging by previous posts you seem to have a knack for going back and forth with others on here, so maybe its not personal.

Anywho, like I said before, thank you for your input/suggestions/critique, it has been well received. I look forward to seeing your work on here in the future.

I don't know if its a personal attack or what, but judging by previous posts you seem to have a knack for going back and forth with others on here, so maybe its not personal.

Anywho, like I said before, thank you for your input/suggestions/critique, it has been well received. I look forward to seeing your work on here in the future.
whatever ... If you post be prepare for good or bad critique plain and simple. That's the second time you asked for my work, why?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom