The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Can someone tell me what app gives this effect

Nice.  Bout to check it out.  :nthat:  

These?  Either way nice pics

Yes sir.....Thank you very much for the kind words.....figure its a true 16-35mm because of the crop factor, but its still wide enough for me. Its built solid, if there is a negative its the aperature only opening as wide as F4, but the IS is very helpful

Last edited:
Wifey copped me my first DLSR for my B-Day....Canon T5 + 18-55mm lens. Pretty much a newbie to DLSR photography, but I figured this was the place I'd feel most comfortable getting tips & info. Just wanted to formally introduce myself to the thread & it's regulars. Btw, I browsed this thread a little bit and you guys shot some amazing stuff!

Congrats, I shoot most of my stuff with a T5 as well. Although its an entry-level bare bones camera you can do some wonders with it. Once you get acquainted with the camera, my first suggestion would be to invest in a 50mm f/1.8 prime lens. IMO The "nifty fifty" should be one of the first lenses you purchase. You can get great bokeh (background blur/isolation), and its a good walk around/all purpose prime lens.

Enjoy the camera, and welcome to the club.:smokin

grizzlyboy grizzlyboy shot that A6000 must be a beast I hear nothing but good things about it

I was playing around with the D7100 last night that camera is a beast

Looks like a new "Nifty Fifty" is on the way for Canon heads.

CANON EF 50MM F/1.8 STM
BY CANON RUMORS | MAY 6, 2015

Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM
The long rumored Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM has finally made an appearance and will be announced very soon.

SPECIFICATIONS (Google Translated)

Lens arrangement 5-group, six (Construction: 6 elements in 5 groups)
Full-frame compatible
Digital optimized coating
STM/Stepping motor
Full-time manual focus
Length: 39.3mm
Weight: 160g (1.55″)
49mm filter thread

Source: http://digicame-info.com/2015/05/ef50mm-f18-stm-1.html

I was out in Brooklyn Bridge Park last night doing some long exposure shooting, and several couples saw me with the camera bag/tripod, etc and asked if i can take pictures of them. I got to play around with one couples A6000, and another A7 (the A7 was felt so good in the hand, its a beautifully constructed piece of art).....I can see how there would be a learning curve. It took me a few minutes before I got the hang of both cameras. Both couples were very happy with their portraits. But just some of what Ive shot the last few days.

First few are from Snug Harbor in Staten Island, rest from around and about Brooklyn.

#nyc #newyork #newyorkcity by iammikerios, on Flickr

Been disappointed recently with my output. I've been going thru so many different things this month i haven't been able to keep up with my initial project, From now i'm gonna try to keep things moving slowly, I have to continue to get better.

#90inNYthruTY Day 9 - These are real special to me because i remember the energy and love that was being shown thru these protest. And with things like this currently happening in most cities i think it's def a relevant subject and something to continue to show coverage of.

Black Lives Matter by tysmallphotography, on Flickr
Fire Bratton by tysmallphotography, on Flickr
Walk The Bridge by tysmallphotography, on Flickr
MillionMarch by tysmallphotography, on Flickr
MillionMarch by tysmallphotography, on Flickr
Mothers Of Black Lives by tysmallphotography, on Flickr

@tyisny  The shots are really dope. They look a bit grainy though? Any idea why that would be?

Been messing around with S (shutter-priority) mode like @bscarrillo427  suggested. Still don't have a handle on it. One of the results though. Took this picture at around 8pm  yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom