The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Point Reyes. If you don't know, some idiot doing the steel wool thing burned it down.

http://www.7x7.com/culture/iconic-point-reyes-shipwreck-destroyed-amateur-photographer

I think the steel wool thing should be banned from photography now. It's getting dumb especially when you mess things up for others.

I find a lot of these hyped trends rather **** annoying bro....the whole sneaking into rooftops, sitting on the ledge, steel wool thing, etc. specially because these fools are doing it for no other reason than some likes on IG, there is no other purpose behind these things they do...there some idiot on IG that actually hung off a ledge in a skyscraper in Toronto while his boy snapped a pic...waiting for the day one of these idiots kills themselves, terrible influencers, have other dummy's following trying to recreate the **** they do or one up them.

Idk, I think urban explorers/photographers should be separated from people that just do those kind of stunts for likes.

Just my opinion though.

Someone actually did die from from of those rooftop stunt. Senseless way to go, only 17 years old too.

Someone actually did die from from of those rooftop stunt. Senseless way to go, only 17 years old too.

Yeah I believe that kid was Russian, and had done it numerous times before he finally hurt himself.

I have a lot of friends who trespass, break into places, a lot of risky stuff.......now keep in mind I am 35, many of my friends are around the same age with families. I tell them, yeah I don't get those shots you do.......but one day you will either seriously injure yourselves.....and/or put your families in a bad position financially if you get into trouble.

On another note, was able to find a new 7D Classic for $620. I am happy after playing around with it yesterday.

Point Reyes. If you don't know, some idiot doing the steel wool thing burned it down.

http://www.7x7.com/culture/iconic-point-reyes-shipwreck-destroyed-amateur-photographer

I think the steel wool thing should be banned from photography now. It's getting dumb especially when you mess things up for others.

I find a lot of these hyped trends rather **** annoying bro....the whole sneaking into rooftops, sitting on the ledge, steel wool thing, etc. specially because these fools are doing it for no other reason than some likes on IG, there is no other purpose behind these things they do...there some idiot on IG that actually hung off a ledge in a skyscraper in Toronto while his boy snapped a pic...waiting for the day one of these idiots kills themselves, terrible influencers, have other dummy's following trying to recreate the **** they do or one up them.

Idk, I think urban explorers/photographers should be separated from people that just do those kind of stunts for likes.

Just my opinion though.

the 2 aren't mutually exclusive...cats might legit get the a rush/enjoy the rooftoppin/urban ex thing AND stunt for likes...i can definitely see the appeal of both; if it happen to get them a poppin presence on the social medias from doing either as a result, there seems to be a lot of opportunity to finesse into relationships that can lead to some bread...i don't know how lucrative it is/will be in the long run but its outchea...

there is this one that happened fairly recently in NYC (out in the rain!!!):

http://petapixel.com/2015/12/31/roo...ies-in-nyc-after-slipping-off-52-story-hotel/

and supposedly this kind of thing happens a lot in eastern europe:

http://petapixel.com/2015/12/31/roo...ies-in-nyc-after-slipping-off-52-story-hotel/

Yeah I believe that kid was Russian, and had done it numerous times before he finally hurt himself.

I have a lot of friends who trespass, break into places, a lot of risky stuff.......now keep in mind I am 35, many of my friends are around the same age with families. I tell them, yeah I don't get those shots you do.......but one day you will either seriously injure yourselves.....and/or put your families in a bad position financially if you get into trouble.

On another note, was able to find a new 7D Classic for $620. I am happy after playing around with it yesterday.

them russians wylin tho

I hope one day Nikon puts that feature on a DSLR. I never used it before but I imagine it being a good feature and a time saver.

are you referring to the live exposure preview to show real time exposure? the d750 and other nikon models have this option but you have to change the settings to apply it since its not activated by default out of the box.

are you referring to the live exposure preview to show real time exposure? the d750 and other nikon models have this option but you have to change the settings to apply it since its not activated by default out of the box.

I never knew that I thought only Sony had that in their cameras

I just placed the order for my very own Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II.

Using money from gigs over the past few months.

I'm beyond happy to make this huge investment.

No turning back now!

Congrats, man. Quality is definitely worth carrying the extra weight around. :smokin

Update on the Birthday gig i "booked"

haven't heard from the woman since the 13th after i told her what my rates were so i was assuming i spooked her. She emailed me this morning talking about "Wanted to touch base real quick before the big day" and telling me where to met her at on the day of the event :lol:

The event on is Friday :smh:

haven't heard from the woman since the 13th after i told her what my rates were so i was assuming i spooked her. She emailed me this morning talking about "Wanted to touch base real quick before the big day" and telling me where to met her at on the day of the event :lol:

I had this problem with a 100th birthday I was asked to do. At least a week before the event, I had had tried contacting the womans son.....just to ask about the venue, particulars, etc. After calling & texting numerous times with no response I ended up booking something else. The party was scheduled for 7:00 pm on a Saturday.....dude calls me same day at 6:30pm asking "Where The F*** are you".......needless to say I ignored him and went to shoot the other event I was able to get last minute.

I initially took the job after linking up with the guy via a coworker......who was very hostile until I showed text messages and explained what happened.

Nowadays, I tell people $50 deposit, non-refundable if they cancel without giving me proper notice. You would be surprised how many people paid the deposit and either cancelled or disappeared lol. Oh well, free money in my pocket I suppose

Took some maternity pics with my super zoom todau

I was fighting my shadows the whole time

Bro people like that get ignored...FOH

I had that happened with a wedding, give her my rates, don't hear from her for like 7months, then 3 months before her wedding she's like "the day is approaching! So exciting!" I was like huh....I'm sorry but I'm booked...she was tight...oh well.

What do yous think the best camera would be in the $400-500 range?
they were having t5i bundles for 300 online a week or so ago. Actually i've seen a lot of flash sales on them recently so be on the look out.

or grab a t3i body off of eBay and grab a 50mm 1.8

Hoping to make to to Yosemite in the summer. The drought effects over there are too real

I've been using the Sony NEX 7 with  the 18-55mm lens since its release in 2012 and I'm looking to add a few more lenses. What would you guys suggest I look for? I have no problem with using adapters for the e mount.

Some shots I've done leisurely over the past few years

Back
Top Bottom