The Official Photography Thread - Vol. 3

Originally Posted by i just got lucky

anyone own a Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8?

I need help...i cant figure out how settings in my D90 so that it will always focus in infinity. any ideas?
Why do you want it to focus always at infinity? Does it not autofocus on the D90?

Here's some shots from my day of shooting yesterday.
4275010687_c2a45fee47.jpg

4275019341_c1e329d72e.jpg

4275015403_22609982a9.jpg

some MO!

2zp3yo0.jpg

2qib7l3.jpg

t9cvtk.jpg

oi57bq.jpg

Still going strong on my 365 project.. although im still only on day 15, we'll see how i feel when im 3 months deep
laugh.gif

s4zbf7.jpg

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

I need help...i cant figure out how settings in my D90 so that it will always focus in infinity. any ideas?
Why do you want it to focus always at infinity? Does it not autofocus on the D90?

just to clarify, focusing at infinity means both the subject and background are sharp right? No bokeh?

Thanks for the input...

My tripod was in a really tight space and I had to
manual focus the shot so it isn't as sharp as it could be...

Hopefully I can retake the shot tomorrow morning and tweak the imperfections.

Originally Posted by SaNTi0321

just to clarify, focusing at infinity means both the subject and background are sharp right? No bokeh?
Not really no. That has to do with your aperture. Focusing to infinity would just focus to the longest distance possible, possibly leaving yoursubject out of focus.

Pat, good stuff man! Must be an awesome feeling getting your work published!

... Some day.
smile.gif

Alright NT, help me out. My cousin plays volleyball for BYU and i want to do a scrapbook type
thing for him. But i've never taken live sports shots in my life and when i attempted to take some pics
at his game tonight most of them turned out really bad and pretty blurry. Does anyone have any tips
or advice for me? i'm shooting with a Cannon XSI if that helps and i have a 55-250mm lens and a 18-55mm lens.
Thanks in advance.

and here's a sequence of shots that i did take tonight that turned out "ok"...

29ar513.jpg

2vb78yv.jpg

2daah4o.jpg

2nv3u41.jpg

Originally Posted by jordan supreme

Alright NT, help me out. My cousin plays volleyball for BYU and i want to do a scrapbook type
thing for him. But i've never taken live sports shots in my life and when i attempted to take some pics
at his game tonight most of them turned out really bad and pretty blurry. Does anyone have any tips
or advice for me? i'm shooting with a Cannon XSI if that helps and i have a 55-250mm lens and a 18-55mm lens.
Thanks in advance.

and here's a sequence of shots that i did take tonight that turned out "ok"...
The problem you have is your lenses are very slow especially in the long end. In other words when you use the longer end of your lenses' focallength (250mm and 55mm respectively), the aperture narrows and so you will need to compensate by either dropping down your shutter speed or cranking up yourISO for an indoor sports event where lighting is not the best. Because your aim is to freeze the action, using higher ISOs is your only real option. Avoiddropping your shutter speed lower than 1/100 otherwise you will end up with motion blur just like in some of the frames you've shown. The only other thingyou can do is to pick-up a fast zoom such as the Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8...but you'll obviously need quite a large budget for that.

Oh and switch your AF-mode to AI Servo so the camera automatically focuses on your moving subject.

went to B&H today and picked up a Lowepro Slingshot 200 AW... now it's time to get back out and shoot!

Originally Posted by qksLvrtypeS

4284484250_0a0450acd0_o.jpg
This one stands out more than the others to me.. contrasting colors of the blue against the yellow background maybe? Anyway SICK pics as always

Originally Posted by airjordanjack

jordan supreme - Cool man. My friend plays volleyball at BYU also.

that's awesome... what's his name/number? i'll look for him at the next game.

anyway, a few pics of my new watch
25phlz9.jpg

15z05qw.jpg

suzehu.jpg

Sup NT, just wanted to get some feedback on my very first music video. I've done promo work for clubs, car shows and personal stuff but never actuallydirected a video. I even did the casting call for the models. Check it out and let me know what you guys think. Thanks in advanced!
happy.gif

http://wethewest.com/vide...eodirectlink&id=1134

If someone could embed, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

Back
Top Bottom