The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Didn't Resistance 3 just come out?

I traded in 2k11 for $12 a couple of weeks ago; that can't be right.

You can try BestBuy PO.

Didn't Resistance 3 just come out?

I traded in 2k11 for $12 a couple of weeks ago; that can't be right.

You can try BestBuy PO.

Via YouTube�
9mins of Skyrim�

Amazing. I think I'm hooked. FPRPG at this level of detail on a console is
eek.gif

EDIT: The other vids http://www.joystiq.com/2011/09/12/come-watch-20-minutes-of-skyrim-gameplay/

Originally Posted by PO2345

Anyone know somewhere else I can trade-in video games?

Amazon is only offering Resistance 3 for $10.75, and that's something I only expect from the idiots @ "Gamestop".
30t6p3b.gif

Since I have completed it 100% & have no passion for the MP, I need to get rid of it fast!

Thanks to anyone who replies.

PO
sit on it for a while, amazon does this to almost every new game. price will go up to $30 plus in a week or two. 

best buy also has this for $28, $42 w/ gears3 preorder.

Originally Posted by PO2345

Anyone know somewhere else I can trade-in video games?

Amazon is only offering Resistance 3 for $10.75, and that's something I only expect from the idiots @ "Gamestop".
30t6p3b.gif

Since I have completed it 100% & have no passion for the MP, I need to get rid of it fast!

Thanks to anyone who replies.

PO
sit on it for a while, amazon does this to almost every new game. price will go up to $30 plus in a week or two. 

best buy also has this for $28, $42 w/ gears3 preorder.

Via gamingindustry.biz

Heavy Rain developer estimates $13M loss on second-hand sales
heavyrain519.jpg

Quantic Dream co-founder Guillaume de Fondaumiere estimate the studio lost between €5 and €10 million ($6.8 and $13.7 million) worth of royalties on Heavy Rain because of used sales.

"We basically sold to date approximately two million units, we know from the trophy system that probably more than three million people bought this game and played it," de Fondaumiere told GI.biz. "On my small level it's a million people playing my game without giving me one cent."

The three million "bought" math sounds a little fuzzy, especially if one were to consider the rental market and friends borrowing games, but he seems to be on the right path.

"Now are games too expensive?" de Fondaumiere continued, "I've always said that games are probably too expensive so there's probably a right level here to find, and we need to discuss this altogether and try to find a way to I would say reconcile consumer expectations, retail expectations, but also the expectations of the publisher and the developers to make this business a worthwhile business."

We bet that's especially true when your game does better than your publisher ever expected.

Via gamingindustry.biz

heavyrain519.jpg

Quantic Dream co-founder Guillaume de Fondaumiere estimate the studio lost between €5 and €10 million ($6.8 and $13.7 million) worth of royalties on Heavy Rain because of used sales.

"We basically sold to date approximately two million units, we know from the trophy system that probably more than three million people bought this game and played it," de Fondaumiere told GI.biz. "On my small level it's a million people playing my game without giving me one cent."

The three million "bought" math sounds a little fuzzy, especially if one were to consider the rental market and friends borrowing games, but he seems to be on the right path.

"Now are games too expensive?" de Fondaumiere continued, "I've always said that games are probably too expensive so there's probably a right level here to find, and we need to discuss this altogether and try to find a way to I would say reconcile consumer expectations, retail expectations, but also the expectations of the publisher and the developers to make this business a worthwhile business."

We bet that's especially true when your game does better than your publisher ever expected.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

How is the PS Move Sharpshooter on games like Killzone 3 & Resistance 3?

Is Uncharted 3 going to support & use it?

I have been thinking about getting it for awhile since I have a PS Move controller just lying around collecting dust.
i dont think uncharted 3 will have move support. Honestly, it would be terrible experience with the jumping and puzzle solving.

the sharpshooter is fun for 15 minutes or so, then it becomes a tiresome experience. It needs to be lighter or come with a strap like a real firearm, plus resistance 3 looks like its going to be the last game to support it for a while. I mean, I enjoy it and will continue to use it for Killzone and R3, because I want my money's worth but with the gamestop clearance, I think the move is on life support and Sony isn't really forcing anybody to use it or pushing it.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

How is the PS Move Sharpshooter on games like Killzone 3 & Resistance 3?

Is Uncharted 3 going to support & use it?

I have been thinking about getting it for awhile since I have a PS Move controller just lying around collecting dust.
i dont think uncharted 3 will have move support. Honestly, it would be terrible experience with the jumping and puzzle solving.

the sharpshooter is fun for 15 minutes or so, then it becomes a tiresome experience. It needs to be lighter or come with a strap like a real firearm, plus resistance 3 looks like its going to be the last game to support it for a while. I mean, I enjoy it and will continue to use it for Killzone and R3, because I want my money's worth but with the gamestop clearance, I think the move is on life support and Sony isn't really forcing anybody to use it or pushing it.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Via gamingindustry.biz

Boo %%@@@*! hoo.

Via gamingindustry.biz

Boo %%@@@*! hoo.

Originally Posted by Hyper

Via gamingindustry.biz

Boo %%@@@*! hoo.

I don't like losing money, do you?

Via gamingindustry.biz

Boo %%@@@*! hoo.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Via gamingindustry.biz

Boo %%@@@*! hoo.

If you're gonna create a game that I can beat in 5 hours w/ very little replay value, I'm walking into GameStop and abusing their used game return policy, sorry.

Besides, he didn't lose a damn thing.

You can't lose money that you never had in the first place.

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Via gamingindustry.biz

Boo %%@@@*! hoo.

If you're gonna create a game that I can beat in 5 hours w/ very little replay value, I'm walking into GameStop and abusing their used game return policy, sorry.

Besides, he didn't lose a damn thing.

You can't lose money that you never had in the first place.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

I dont know if you are speaking about Heavy Rain in particular, but that game is a good 25 hours long.

It doesn't even take 25 hours to platinum Heavy Rain.

The main story is is anywhere from 8-12 hours for a normal play through.

You can easily beat the game in 5 hours if you wanted to.

Back
Top Bottom