The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Originally Posted by Grimey

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by Hyper

Boo %%@@@*! hoo.
I don't like losing money, do you?

lower prices then
Who is publishing the game, determines if im willing to buy at full price, wait for a sale or rent. For example Atlus has never done me wrong so i dont mind preordering at full price, but ubisoft will never get me to pay over 30 dollars for their games because of their track record. New ISP such as Dead island will always be a rental because its not worth the risk of either the game being bad or it drops in value in a month.

The only issue i have with Heavy Rains argument is they are saying they lost 13 million but how do they know that the people that rented or bought it used would of ever bought their game new.

Originally Posted by Grimey

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

Originally Posted by Hyper

Boo %%@@@*! hoo.
I don't like losing money, do you?

lower prices then
Who is publishing the game, determines if im willing to buy at full price, wait for a sale or rent. For example Atlus has never done me wrong so i dont mind preordering at full price, but ubisoft will never get me to pay over 30 dollars for their games because of their track record. New ISP such as Dead island will always be a rental because its not worth the risk of either the game being bad or it drops in value in a month.

The only issue i have with Heavy Rains argument is they are saying they lost 13 million but how do they know that the people that rented or bought it used would of ever bought their game new.

That's why developers/publishers are doing this new online pass system, so they can get some money back on used / rented games. I hate it, *#+#.

That's why developers/publishers are doing this new online pass system, so they can get some money back on used / rented games. I hate it, *#+#.

1. Pre-Ordered Arkham City....
2. About to Finalize my order for BF3 on NewEgg for $48.00
3. UC3 & MW3 on lock....
4. GOW:Origins arriving today....

Life is Good! I'll be good for the next 6 months!
pimp.gif

PO

1. Pre-Ordered Arkham City....
2. About to Finalize my order for BF3 on NewEgg for $48.00
3. UC3 & MW3 on lock....
4. GOW:Origins arriving today....

Life is Good! I'll be good for the next 6 months!
pimp.gif

PO

Yea same here but I wanna see how R3 ends before I hop on and focus on it. I've been going so slow and most of the time my PS3 is on and logged into the game, I'm not even playing
laugh.gif
so it's taking me a while just to finish it.

GOW is in the PSN store or retail?

Yea same here but I wanna see how R3 ends before I hop on and focus on it. I've been going so slow and most of the time my PS3 is on and logged into the game, I'm not even playing
laugh.gif
so it's taking me a while just to finish it.

GOW is in the PSN store or retail?

I feel you sir..
I loved R3 SP, no passion for the MP, so I had to get rid of it today.
smokin.gif

Man, no wonder why i get no response from you!

I stay sending invites & $*#%!
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Finally, GOW: Origins is available on BOTH the PSN & Retail Stores. I'm not sure if it's on PSN yet though. Should be.

PO

I feel you sir..
I loved R3 SP, no passion for the MP, so I had to get rid of it today.
smokin.gif

Man, no wonder why i get no response from you!

I stay sending invites & $*#%!
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Finally, GOW: Origins is available on BOTH the PSN & Retail Stores. I'm not sure if it's on PSN yet though. Should be.

PO

Went in a bought NHL 12 and White Knight Chronicles II today.
WKC II comes WITH the first game. A great deal. It's a solid JRPG. Nothing amazing, but it is pretty good. And a similar art style to Dragon Quest.

Went in a bought NHL 12 and White Knight Chronicles II today.
WKC II comes WITH the first game. A great deal. It's a solid JRPG. Nothing amazing, but it is pretty good. And a similar art style to Dragon Quest.

for those who want to get easy trophies, i have yet to see anything easier than madden '12 trophies

for those who want to get easy trophies, i have yet to see anything easier than madden '12 trophies

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Yup I agree.
This console generation first off should not have had a MSRP price tag increase of $59.99 from $49.99 what PS2 & XBOX 360 games were costing. It's gotten to a point where game companies & developers are holding back game content and not releasing a full game and then selling DLC which is stupid.

That's the reason why now my approach for when buying games is first I don't care about pre ordering games or buying them anywhere near on release date after a game comes out. If there is a game I'm somewhat interested in like Dead Island I first check out the reviews and then rent the game from red box. If I end up liking the game I'll wait a few months for the game to eventually drop in price to $29.99 to $39.99 range.

Yup I agree.
This console generation first off should not have had a MSRP price tag increase of $59.99 from $49.99 what PS2 & XBOX 360 games were costing. It's gotten to a point where game companies & developers are holding back game content and not releasing a full game and then selling DLC which is stupid.

That's the reason why now my approach for when buying games is first I don't care about pre ordering games or buying them anywhere near on release date after a game comes out. If there is a game I'm somewhat interested in like Dead Island I first check out the reviews and then rent the game from red box. If I end up liking the game I'll wait a few months for the game to eventually drop in price to $29.99 to $39.99 range.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

Easy?
But probably time consuming I bet.

Easy?
But probably time consuming I bet.

Ah yes, but then I'd actually have to play/care about football.
No dice.

Ah yes, but then I'd actually have to play/care about football.
No dice.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Yup I agree.

There's certainly something to be said about games that come out unfinished and then proceed to and nickle and dime the consumer. I'm totally not a fan of that. MVC3 should have never launched the way it did and their DLC model is disgusting.

I'm on the bandwagon that you should pay for the the product is worth. If you think Dead Island is worth 20 bucks or only worth a rental I'm totally in agreement with you. At least part of the 20 bucks you're paying once the price drops hits goes back to the developer.

The issue that I have is with the middle man like Gamestop getting rich screwing both me the developer over and you the consumer over. You get screwed by getting jack for your trade in and "screwed" by having to pay an activation fee for online. I get screwed because I don't see any of that money back in my pocket that affects everything from future development endeavors to my healthcare plan. If my studio makes a total piece of crap game I don't expect to be well compensated for it. I'm not mad at the consumer because I, myself am going to find the best and cheapest deal possible. I'm mad at the resellers who are taking a product I worked on and making money off of it without me seeing a dime while they get rich.

The jump in price from 49.99 to 59.99 is completely justified considering that any A-AAA title being produced is costing anywhere from 2-5 times more than it did in the PS2 era. People were shelling out 50-60 bucks for NES games for Christ sake. If prices are lowered then the product is going to suffer because of the current state of development costs. The average PS2 game cost around 15-20 million to produce, today 360 titles cost an average of 40 million. Losing 100 million in sales isn't chump change.

The only way to combat the whoring out that gamestop perpetuates is to create online authentication systems. Everyone hates it but once a standardized system is set in place it's just going to become in the norm in the future.

Back
Top Bottom