The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

That's why it's good to have PS+ because all your saves go to the cloud. Restore your PS3, download all your saves from the cloud, good as new. Hype, GameFly is dope, shipping is FAST for me, usually I get all new games on release date, but I don't live far from there main shipping office in LA.
Yeah I meant to get it before just never got around to it.

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

That's why it's good to have PS+ because all your saves go to the cloud. Restore your PS3, download all your saves from the cloud, good as new. Hype, GameFly is dope, shipping is FAST for me, usually I get all new games on release date, but I don't live far from there main shipping office in LA.
Yeah I meant to get it before just never got around to it.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Caught the 80010514 error
30t6p3b.gif
Restoring the file system ain't working either
30t6p3b.gif
Think my isht is donezo
ohwell.gif

I caught that same error too a couple months ago, but it only happens when I try to play red dead.
I tried to do a system restore but it didnt work.

Originally Posted by RavageBX

Caught the 80010514 error
30t6p3b.gif
Restoring the file system ain't working either
30t6p3b.gif
Think my isht is donezo
ohwell.gif

I caught that same error too a couple months ago, but it only happens when I try to play red dead.
I tried to do a system restore but it didnt work.

Yea, I thought my PS3 was done for, so it was a last resort for me and it ended up working.

Haven't had an issue since I restored it a few weeks ago.

My system wouldn't do ANYTHING, though.

I would turn it on and it would tell me that my HDD was corrupt.

I would try restoring the file system, but it would just bring me right back to a black screen telling me that my HDD was corrupt,
laugh.gif

You don't even need to waste $50 on PS+, you can just go cop a flash drive, its much cheaper.

Just make sure its compatible w/ the PS3.

Yea, I thought my PS3 was done for, so it was a last resort for me and it ended up working.

Haven't had an issue since I restored it a few weeks ago.

My system wouldn't do ANYTHING, though.

I would turn it on and it would tell me that my HDD was corrupt.

I would try restoring the file system, but it would just bring me right back to a black screen telling me that my HDD was corrupt,
laugh.gif

You don't even need to waste $50 on PS+, you can just go cop a flash drive, its much cheaper.

Just make sure its compatible w/ the PS3.

Reformated. Gave Black Ops a spin. Froze after one match. Looks like i'm sol. Timing could not be any worse.

Reformated. Gave Black Ops a spin. Froze after one match. Looks like i'm sol. Timing could not be any worse.

My Sony hook up is coming through and I'm getting Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition for $50 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Just have to wait like a week after it releases before I can get it from him which is fine with me because my back log of games is huge right now with NBA 2K12, Arkham City, ICO & Shadow Of  The Colossus, and GT5 all in my current rotation.

Now I can actually justify spending $24.99 on the UC3 Fortune Hunters Club to get all of the DLC for UC3.

My Sony hook up is coming through and I'm getting Uncharted 3 Collectors Edition for $50 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

Just have to wait like a week after it releases before I can get it from him which is fine with me because my back log of games is huge right now with NBA 2K12, Arkham City, ICO & Shadow Of  The Colossus, and GT5 all in my current rotation.

Now I can actually justify spending $24.99 on the UC3 Fortune Hunters Club to get all of the DLC for UC3.

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by Battousai701

just copped batman arkham city

anyone got some costume codes theyre willing to share?

If you got a Batman 1970's skin I can trade you for a Batman Beyond skin.
my gf just bought me the game yesterday
so it didnt come with anything other than the catwoman dlc

i didnt do any preorder from best buy, amazon, or gamestop so i dont think it would come with any exclusive dlc

Originally Posted by MR J 858

Originally Posted by Battousai701

just copped batman arkham city

anyone got some costume codes theyre willing to share?

If you got a Batman 1970's skin I can trade you for a Batman Beyond skin.
my gf just bought me the game yesterday
so it didnt come with anything other than the catwoman dlc

i didnt do any preorder from best buy, amazon, or gamestop so i dont think it would come with any exclusive dlc

I agree with alot of what is said here.
Not all, as I feel every game in teh series needs to try an be innovative.... but just like how IX re-captured alot of fans, I think XV needs to attempt the same.

[h1]Final Fantasy XV: Retro Reasoning[/h1][h2]Why an old-school approach just makes sense.[/h2][h2]October 27, 2011[/h2]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Final Fantasy lost its way. The creative experimentation seen in Final Fantasy XII and XIII, while admirable, steered the series in a direction that many devoted fans openly lament. Even [/font]Final Fantasy XIII-2[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif] appears reactionary; it exists to advance a story, yes, but also to address numerous consumer complaints leveled at its predecessor. I enjoyed both Final Fantasy XII and XIII, though I can say without hesitation that Square Enix's past works reached far greater heights. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]With the name "Final Fantasy XIV" devoted to the [/font]misguided MMO[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif], the next adventure -- if it ever exists -- will enter the world as Final Fantasy XV. This is the perfect time for the developers to return to their roots, as they did with Final Fantasy IX, and abandon the meandering paths of their recent efforts. Final Fantasy XV could make the perfect retro tribute to the series. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]The recent retro craze -- popularized by such games as New Super Mario Bros., Pac Man Championship Edition, Bionic Commando Rearmed, and Mega Man 9 -- showcases how popular traditional gaming remains. Even in an industry saturated by eye-searing graphics and motion technology, many gamers just want the classics. And who can blame them; gameplay above all else, right?[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Final Fantasy XV could pull the series back in time and reignite the JRPG nostalgia that simmers in the hearts of countless gamers around the world. And it could tell a new story in the process. All[/font]Square Enix[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif] needs is a handful of building blocks to start with. [/font]

The Story
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Remember walking towards the frozen, mechanical Narshe? Or cheering as Figaro Castle burrowed into the sand to avoid Kefka's clutches? The melancholic, steam punk setting of Final Fantasy VI feels like it hit the Super Nintendo a lifetime ago, and it deserves a revisit. Final Fantasy XV should abandon the heavy sci-fi influence of XIII and take up an older mantle. The fusion of hot steam and cold steel provides a glorious setting for fantasy storytelling. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]The story itself needn't tread entirely new ground. Crumbling worlds still captivate us with the right characters and enthralling dialogue. The most important point is to instill a sense of danger in us -- create a problem that needs fixing. And if we care about the world enough, we'll care about saving it. [/font]

The Cast
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Any JRPG enthusiast knows that both heroes and villains drive the story forward. Don't expect the developers at Square Enix to create a cast that's never existed before, but this is where even a pinch of creativity enhances the overall flavor. Kefka reeked of evil right from the beginning, but his quirky personality made famous by a little sand on his boots made all the difference. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]The heroes, on the other hand, might benefit from a little tradition. A class-based group like the one found in Final Fantasy IV brings pre-established personality and functionality to each hero. Every party needs a magic user, but why stick with pure convention? A barbaric, grizzled magic user raises more eyebrows than "generic female elf" or "slender pale scholar." Similarly, the role of the traditional warrior sorely needs a female lead with little to no skin exposed. Let beauty shine through action or even voice -- not an exposed midriff. [/font]

final-fantasy-xv-retro-reasoning-20111027001601412-000.jpg

Old friends.

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]These classes then feed into gameplay. Each character serves a specific purpose in combat, making them useful war tools [/font]and[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]storytelling devices. And for those of you that don't want an offensive magic user and need a healer instead, perhaps a character-specific growth tree would make the most sense. Imagine if that oafish wizard could grow into different roles, be it an offensive mage or a passive healer. This would give you more control over your party without losing important character identity. [/font]

The Battles
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]When it comes to combat, some of Square Enix's finest systems fall into the "active time battle" (ATB) category. For those unfamiliar with it, this system features character gauges that fill over time and, once filled, allow for one action. There's no reason Square Enix shouldn't return to that system with Final Fantasy XV, as long as sub-systems exist to support it. The aforementioned character branching tree would create an interesting party dynamic, and a menagerie of spells, abilities, and summons would ice the cake. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Another critical element to JRPG gameplay: equipment. The recent Final Fantasy titles did away with traditional equipment, so a return to form is in order. Each character should have slots for their head, arms, body, and legs, as well as an additional two slots for relics. Square Enix should feed our collective obsession with loot and invest serious time into developing a massive item catalogue -- perhaps even randomize it. Remember the thrill of maximizing relics in Final Fantasy VI so one character attacks first with multiple strikes in a row? That potential for fine-tuning and meticulous customization would be a breeding ground for replay value. [/font]

The World
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Two words: world map. It boggles the mind that the sense of exploration and adventure brought about by the classic world map fell by the wayside. A world map also facilitates side-quests and mini-games -- excellent methods to vary pacing and provide a much-needed reprieve from world-saving. Final Fantasy XV needs to open itself up to a new degree of exploration and depart from the exhausting linearity of [/font]Final Fantasy XIII[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]. [/font]

final-fantasy-xv-retro-reasoning-20111027001547301-000.jpg

Bring it back.

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]And least of all: the graphics. While gamers applaud high-quality visuals at every turn, we must not forget that gameplay rules over all. Why play something pretty if it isn't fun? Even still, Square Enix has an opportunity to wow its audience while still conserving resources. The outrageously expensive, computer-generated cutscenes and 3D environments might drop a few jaws, but a beautifully painted landscape can touch the heart all the same -- and cost less money in the process. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Final Fantasy XV should be either hand-drawn in the way of Vanillaware productions ([/font]Odin Sphere,[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif] [/font]Muramasa[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]) or exist as simple 3D models. In fact, it's safe to say that long-standing Final Fantasy fans would take old-fashioned sprites if they had enough personality. This streamlined visual style would also save a tremendous amount of disc space, permitting Square Enix to release Final Fantasy XV on digital platforms -- perhaps at a discounted price. Here's a prediction for you: it would sell like sweet, sweet hotcakes. [/font]

I agree with alot of what is said here.
Not all, as I feel every game in teh series needs to try an be innovative.... but just like how IX re-captured alot of fans, I think XV needs to attempt the same.

[h1]Final Fantasy XV: Retro Reasoning[/h1][h2]Why an old-school approach just makes sense.[/h2][h2]October 27, 2011[/h2]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Final Fantasy lost its way. The creative experimentation seen in Final Fantasy XII and XIII, while admirable, steered the series in a direction that many devoted fans openly lament. Even [/font]Final Fantasy XIII-2[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif] appears reactionary; it exists to advance a story, yes, but also to address numerous consumer complaints leveled at its predecessor. I enjoyed both Final Fantasy XII and XIII, though I can say without hesitation that Square Enix's past works reached far greater heights. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]With the name "Final Fantasy XIV" devoted to the [/font]misguided MMO[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif], the next adventure -- if it ever exists -- will enter the world as Final Fantasy XV. This is the perfect time for the developers to return to their roots, as they did with Final Fantasy IX, and abandon the meandering paths of their recent efforts. Final Fantasy XV could make the perfect retro tribute to the series. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]The recent retro craze -- popularized by such games as New Super Mario Bros., Pac Man Championship Edition, Bionic Commando Rearmed, and Mega Man 9 -- showcases how popular traditional gaming remains. Even in an industry saturated by eye-searing graphics and motion technology, many gamers just want the classics. And who can blame them; gameplay above all else, right?[/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Final Fantasy XV could pull the series back in time and reignite the JRPG nostalgia that simmers in the hearts of countless gamers around the world. And it could tell a new story in the process. All[/font]Square Enix[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif] needs is a handful of building blocks to start with. [/font]

The Story
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Remember walking towards the frozen, mechanical Narshe? Or cheering as Figaro Castle burrowed into the sand to avoid Kefka's clutches? The melancholic, steam punk setting of Final Fantasy VI feels like it hit the Super Nintendo a lifetime ago, and it deserves a revisit. Final Fantasy XV should abandon the heavy sci-fi influence of XIII and take up an older mantle. The fusion of hot steam and cold steel provides a glorious setting for fantasy storytelling. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]The story itself needn't tread entirely new ground. Crumbling worlds still captivate us with the right characters and enthralling dialogue. The most important point is to instill a sense of danger in us -- create a problem that needs fixing. And if we care about the world enough, we'll care about saving it. [/font]

The Cast
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Any JRPG enthusiast knows that both heroes and villains drive the story forward. Don't expect the developers at Square Enix to create a cast that's never existed before, but this is where even a pinch of creativity enhances the overall flavor. Kefka reeked of evil right from the beginning, but his quirky personality made famous by a little sand on his boots made all the difference. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]The heroes, on the other hand, might benefit from a little tradition. A class-based group like the one found in Final Fantasy IV brings pre-established personality and functionality to each hero. Every party needs a magic user, but why stick with pure convention? A barbaric, grizzled magic user raises more eyebrows than "generic female elf" or "slender pale scholar." Similarly, the role of the traditional warrior sorely needs a female lead with little to no skin exposed. Let beauty shine through action or even voice -- not an exposed midriff. [/font]

final-fantasy-xv-retro-reasoning-20111027001601412-000.jpg

Old friends.

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]These classes then feed into gameplay. Each character serves a specific purpose in combat, making them useful war tools [/font]and[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]storytelling devices. And for those of you that don't want an offensive magic user and need a healer instead, perhaps a character-specific growth tree would make the most sense. Imagine if that oafish wizard could grow into different roles, be it an offensive mage or a passive healer. This would give you more control over your party without losing important character identity. [/font]

The Battles
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]When it comes to combat, some of Square Enix's finest systems fall into the "active time battle" (ATB) category. For those unfamiliar with it, this system features character gauges that fill over time and, once filled, allow for one action. There's no reason Square Enix shouldn't return to that system with Final Fantasy XV, as long as sub-systems exist to support it. The aforementioned character branching tree would create an interesting party dynamic, and a menagerie of spells, abilities, and summons would ice the cake. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Another critical element to JRPG gameplay: equipment. The recent Final Fantasy titles did away with traditional equipment, so a return to form is in order. Each character should have slots for their head, arms, body, and legs, as well as an additional two slots for relics. Square Enix should feed our collective obsession with loot and invest serious time into developing a massive item catalogue -- perhaps even randomize it. Remember the thrill of maximizing relics in Final Fantasy VI so one character attacks first with multiple strikes in a row? That potential for fine-tuning and meticulous customization would be a breeding ground for replay value. [/font]

The World
[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Two words: world map. It boggles the mind that the sense of exploration and adventure brought about by the classic world map fell by the wayside. A world map also facilitates side-quests and mini-games -- excellent methods to vary pacing and provide a much-needed reprieve from world-saving. Final Fantasy XV needs to open itself up to a new degree of exploration and depart from the exhausting linearity of [/font]Final Fantasy XIII[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]. [/font]

final-fantasy-xv-retro-reasoning-20111027001547301-000.jpg

Bring it back.

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]And least of all: the graphics. While gamers applaud high-quality visuals at every turn, we must not forget that gameplay rules over all. Why play something pretty if it isn't fun? Even still, Square Enix has an opportunity to wow its audience while still conserving resources. The outrageously expensive, computer-generated cutscenes and 3D environments might drop a few jaws, but a beautifully painted landscape can touch the heart all the same -- and cost less money in the process. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]Final Fantasy XV should be either hand-drawn in the way of Vanillaware productions ([/font]Odin Sphere,[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif] [/font]Muramasa[font='Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif]) or exist as simple 3D models. In fact, it's safe to say that long-standing Final Fantasy fans would take old-fashioned sprites if they had enough personality. This streamlined visual style would also save a tremendous amount of disc space, permitting Square Enix to release Final Fantasy XV on digital platforms -- perhaps at a discounted price. Here's a prediction for you: it would sell like sweet, sweet hotcakes. [/font]

Back
Top Bottom