The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Canada's equivalent of Black Friday, except it's after Christmas.

We celebrate Boxing Day over here (Bahamas) too.

Had my 1st run-in with the Shambhala guardians in my UC 2 Crushing playthrough and
30t6p3b.gif

Took me at least 10 tries to beat that section. Have two more encounters with them before I fight Lazarevic.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

Canada's equivalent of Black Friday, except it's after Christmas.

We celebrate Boxing Day over here (Bahamas) too.

Had my 1st run-in with the Shambhala guardians in my UC 2 Crushing playthrough and
30t6p3b.gif

Took me at least 10 tries to beat that section. Have two more encounters with them before I fight Lazarevic.

Originally Posted by empirestrikesfirst

Originally Posted by omgitswes

What podcasts do you guys listen to?
IGN's Podcast Beyond (PS3) and Game Scoop (all platforms). I used to listen to Unlocked (360) but the three guys that do it now can lull you to sleep. I also listen to their movie podcast Keepin It Reel. I download a ton of podcasts to listen to while I work. Makes the work go faster, especially the accounting side of my stuff. 
laugh.gif

I'd be interested in hearing if there are any other good ones?
Yeah I was listening to beyond last night.
That and Gametrailers Invisible walls

IGN's Podcast Beyond (PS3) and Game Scoop (all platforms). I used to listen to Unlocked (360) but the three guys that do it now can lull you to sleep. I also listen to their movie podcast Keepin It Reel. I download a ton of podcasts to listen to while I work. Makes the work go faster, especially the accounting side of my stuff. 
laugh.gif

[h1]YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy V and VI Coming to PSN[/h1][h2]Oh hell yes.[/h2][h2]November 3, 2011[/h2]

Today is a good day for PS3 and PSP gamers. The PlayStation Blog has revealed that smash-hit Square RPGs Chrono Cross,Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI are coming to the North American PlayStation Store. 

Chrono Cross, the spiritual successor to the SNES RPG Chrono Trigger that originally came to the PlayStation late in that console's life in 2000, will be released on the North American PSN this coming Tuesday, November 8th. It came out on the Japanese PSN back in July, and there's no word yet on when it will come to the European PlayStation Store. 

Final Fantasy V, the job-heavy RPG which first came to North America back in 1999 as part of the Final Fantasy Collection seven years after its Japan-only release, will be released on the North American PlayStation Store on November 22nd. This is old news for Japanese and European gamers, which already got a taste of Final Fantasy V on their PS3s and PSPs back in April of this year. 

Finally, Final Fantasy VI, first released in North America as Final Fantasy III in 1994, will come to the PlayStation Network in North America on December 6th. Again, Japanese PSN gamers got the game back in April of this year, and Europe in June, so this is old news to them, too. 

It's important to keep in mind that these will all be released as PSone Classics, so they won't be Trophy-enabled. If they are priced similarly to other Square PSone Classics, they will cost $9.99 each. 

Now, go celebrate. 

pimp.gif

[h1]YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]Chrono Cross, Final Fantasy V and VI Coming to PSN[/h1][h2]Oh hell yes.[/h2][h2]November 3, 2011[/h2]

Today is a good day for PS3 and PSP gamers. The PlayStation Blog has revealed that smash-hit Square RPGs Chrono Cross,Final Fantasy V and Final Fantasy VI are coming to the North American PlayStation Store. 

Chrono Cross, the spiritual successor to the SNES RPG Chrono Trigger that originally came to the PlayStation late in that console's life in 2000, will be released on the North American PSN this coming Tuesday, November 8th. It came out on the Japanese PSN back in July, and there's no word yet on when it will come to the European PlayStation Store. 

Final Fantasy V, the job-heavy RPG which first came to North America back in 1999 as part of the Final Fantasy Collection seven years after its Japan-only release, will be released on the North American PlayStation Store on November 22nd. This is old news for Japanese and European gamers, which already got a taste of Final Fantasy V on their PS3s and PSPs back in April of this year. 

Finally, Final Fantasy VI, first released in North America as Final Fantasy III in 1994, will come to the PlayStation Network in North America on December 6th. Again, Japanese PSN gamers got the game back in April of this year, and Europe in June, so this is old news to them, too. 

It's important to keep in mind that these will all be released as PSone Classics, so they won't be Trophy-enabled. If they are priced similarly to other Square PSone Classics, they will cost $9.99 each. 

Now, go celebrate. 

pimp.gif

Just finished Uncharted 3. For some reason I think Uncharted 2 was longer
eyes.gif
Now, I got to play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
laugh.gif
.~

Just finished Uncharted 3. For some reason I think Uncharted 2 was longer
eyes.gif
Now, I got to play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
laugh.gif
.~

laugh.gif

Weekend Confirm & Giant Bomb

laugh.gif

Weekend Confirm & Giant Bomb

AH! I gotta get that DMC HD Collection
when's that releasing?

MW3 comes out next week. Who's ready?

^
DMC HD is early 2012.

It snowed last night up here. If it doesnt melt by Monday, I'm passing on the MW3 midnight release and picking it up in the AM.

Just beat UC 3 ... i thought the action in 2 was better ...

but 3 is the best in the series ... it's more of the same and they removed the elements that held it back imo ... focused more on story and the teamwork aspect ...
pimp.gif

There are some crazy parts in this game ... i was yelling at the tv
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
 i don't know if I like the cruise ship or the Castle more ... that burning castle had me like
eek.gif
but when the ship was upside down
eek.gif
... and the "zombies" actually made sense this time instead ... hated them in the first 2 games and ruined them for me ... and all of the chase scenes are
pimp.gif

i gotta admit i was fooled too when marlow's dude hit sully 

spiders 
mad.gif

the cargo plane chapter left more to be desired ... yes i'm greedy ... it's the front / back cover for the game ... when u're nitpicking like this u know the game is sick 
definitely game of the year worthy ... my score 9.8 ... 

TRU has a great deal this week

$15 giftcard when you buy any 360 or PS3 game priced at $59.99 or more

$40 giftcard when you buy any 2

I know where I'll be picking up UC3 and MW3
pimp.gif

Like the other two Uncharted games, I have every trophy except Hard and Crushing.  I'm going to give it a shot. I dont know if I have the patience though. 
laugh.gif

Like the other two Uncharted games, I have every trophy except Hard and Crushing.  I'm going to give it a shot. I dont know if I have the patience though. 
laugh.gif

I just beat Uncharted 2 on Crushing today and got the platinum.

Feelsgoodman.jpeg.
pimp.gif

The last few chapters going up against those heavily armored dudes with the GAU machine guns and the Shambhala guardians were brutal.
sick.gif

Ironically Lazarevic, didn't give me that much trouble at all.

Now I need to beat Uncharted on Hard and Crushing to get the platinum for that, I'll probably play UC 3 first though.

I hope there aren't any mythical/supernatural creatures/monsters in Uncharted 3.  Sick of going up against those $$$**%%#$*$%@.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

the first uncharted has a glitch which causes the game to think you're playing on crushing, but it is set on casual 

Finished UC3! It wasn't a game, it was an EXPERIENCE!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

I could not put the controller down, until I beat it.

ND did an AMAZING job! GOTY hands-down!

I don't think this is graphically possible on XBOX. All I know is that it would be on 20 discs.
laugh.gif

Empire, tips on how to easily obtain Survivor & Combat Leapfrog & the reload trophy?

Toine, congrats on the UC2 Platinum!

PO

Tempted to cop UC3 & Arkham City on that amazon deal but I don't know what I want as a 3rd game..Plus Skyrim next week. Anyone else have controller issues in the GoW Origins? Doesn't seem very responsive..

Anyway new Max Payne 3 screenshots..
maxpayne3screens_102911153.jpg

maxpayne3screens_102911152.jpg

maxpayne3screens_102911144.jpg

maxpayne3screens_102911139.jpg

PO2345 wrote:

Empire, tips on how to easily obtain Survivor & Combat Leapfrog & the reload trophy?

PO

Do Chapter select on Very easy for all three.
Survivor, play from Chapter 12 on, dont die and you'll have it in 20 minutes.

Combat Leap Frog, Chapter 19 is a good one. Just hand to hand, then shoot, and go back and forth until you get it.

Reload is sweet because you just pick an easy area with 10 guys, then just reload the checkpoint, as it doesnt reset the counter.

Reload Master is pissing me off. I tried running through chapter 8 and doing resets on chapter 18. Will try again tomorrow.

Currently sitting at 85%.

Took advantage of the Target buy 2 get one free.
I got Arkham City, and Uncharted 3. I really didnt want a third game because all the games out aren't really my thing so I just went and got The Dual pack of Uncharted 1 and 2 so I basically got 2 games for free. Also I needed the background story for the Uncharted series so I had to get it.
I can't wait for MW3 and Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 in the next 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom