The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

maybe they should blame kotaku
grin.gif

funny seeing as how the article mentioned not announcing since that would hurt the stock price
laugh.gif

maybe they should blame kotaku >D

funny seeing as how the article mentioned not announcing since that would hurt the stock price :lol:

They've been all over those guys about it since apparently at one point the stock dipped to a 5 year low (but it did recover). However, Kotaku swears up and down their information came from someone directly inside square. They won't give up their source but have provided information on the E-mail/conversation that took place. Whether it was something e-mailed/written/spoken I'm not entirely sure, but now information security is cracking down hard and whoever their "source" is will get dealt with eventually.

Last edited:
FYI, Best Buy is having a summer blowout sale where they're selling select PS3 games in the  $10-15 price range. The game selection isn't deep, but there are a few standouts like Assassin's Creeds: Revelations, FF XII-2, and iNFAMOUS 2.

Here the Link.

OK so what's on everybody's radar for the rest of 12 and the start of 13?

my definites:

Assass Creed 3 (never played 1 minute of an Assass. Creed game before, 3 looks real interesting tho)

Aliens: Colon Marines

BOPS 2

DOOM 1-3 Collection

Final Fantasy XIV

Okami HD (never played on ps2)

My maybes/Got my eyes on:

Last of Us (prolly redbox)

Playstation All-Stars
Res Evil 6

Tekken Tag 2

Madden 13

Ni No Kuni

ZOE HD Collection (never played a ZOE)

Persona 4

GTA V

new devil may cry

......Last Guardian? :nerd: |I

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]Final Fantasy XIV Version 2.0 Named A Realm Reborn
Square Enix’s big update finally has an official name.[/COLOR]
by Andrew Goldfarb JULY 26, 2012

Square Enix has revealed that Final Fantasy XIV’s sweeping version 2.0 update finally has an official name: A Realm Reborn. Originally announced in October 2011, version 2.0 re-launches Final Fantasy XIV, adding a new map system, new client software and more.

During E3, Square Enix detailed Final Fantasy XIV version 2.0, describing that only one Ifrit summon will be available per server. The update will also add a new graphics engine, tweak XIV’s battle regimen system and expand the role of Chocobos.

Producer Naoki Yoshida commented that “Since announcing our plans for the future of the title last October, we have been working tirelessly to include all of the elements that we have promised in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. This new title not only becomes a symbol of a completely new Final Fantasy XIV, but also marks the beginning of a new stage as the latest title in the Final Fantasy series.”

Square Enix previously said that an alpha test of A Realm Reborn would begin in September, with the final release to follow in late 2012 or early 2013. For more details, including Square Enix's eventual plans to bring the game to PlayStation 3, be sure to read our interview with producer Naoki Yoshida from E3 and check out Final Fantasy XIV’s official site for information on the realm of Eorza and details on the full world of Hydaelyn.

[COLOR=#red]Skyrim Finally Receiving New Patch on PS3
But still no concrete word on when Dawnguard is coming to Sony’s console.
by Colin Moriarty JULY 26, 2012

[/COLOR]
PlayStation 3 gamers haven’t exactly been feeling the love from Bethesda ever since The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim launched last November. Issues with the PS3 iteration of the game began flowing in almost immediately after the game launched, with patches promised to stabilize the many issues plaguing some of the PS3 userbase.

IGN’s readers spoke out about the problem and future patches continued to stabilize the game, and while Bethesda promised greater care in the future, Skyrim’s issues on PS3 even had developers from other studios sounding-off about it.

Still, such problems caused us to ask how something like this can even happen, and the PS3 version of Skyrim’s infamous lagging issues persisted into the new year.

Since all of this happened, Bethesda has been toiling away on new patches, as well as DLC, but PS3 gamers have gotten very little of either. Update 1.6, which already came to PC in May and Xbox 360 in June, still hasn’t come to PlayStation 3. This is especially disconcerting since, in addition to various bug and crash fixes, the 1.6 update also adds mounted combat to the game.

But now we know, thanks to Bethesda’s Blog, that patch 1.7 will be coming to PS3 soon, and “features included in the 1.6 title update, including Mounted Combat, will be rolled into 1.7” for the PlayStation 3 version of the game. The dedicated Elder Scrolls Twitter account confirms that the “update should be arriving in the coming weeks.”

Bethesda still hasn’t commented on when PlayStation 3 gamers can expect the DLC pack Dawnguard, however, though we hope to have more news on that in the coming weeks.

Awesome, got all my posts back. :smokin

I know I will become addicted to Skyrim once I get back into it... but I have been waiting 6 months for this damn patch. :smh:

Heads up Best Buy is having a summer game sale. A lot of games are already sold out or taken down. If you see a game being sold out, see if it can be shipped to your nearest store.

http://tinyurl.com/cvo2n32

http://photobucket.com

Just picked up

PS3-FFXIII-2

PS3-The Sims Pets

PS3-Assassins Creed Revelations

PS3-Dragon Age II (Being shipped to store)

PS3-SoCom 4 (Being shipped to store)

WII-Metroid Other M

after using my $20 in reward zone the total came out to be $44.xx + tax.

Great deal imho

I hope that PS3 Super Slim drops soon.

Also, whats the easiest way to transfer data from one PS3 to another?

connect new PS3 with old PS3 with a Ethernet cord. go to data transfer utility and choose what data from what system you want to transfer to the other ps3.

GTA III Release Date on PSN

Back in January, we reported the good news that both Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Vice City were PlayStation Network-bound. And now we know, thanks to the Official PlayStation Blogcast, that Grand Theft Auto III will be coming to the PSN in North America this Tuesday, July 31st.

Grand Theft Auto III will be released in its PS2 Classic form, indicating that it will cost $9.99 and exist as a straight port without any upgrades or Trophies. While its release date of Tuesday, July 31st is confirmed for North America, its release date in other territories is still unknown.

Grand Theft Auto III was first released on PlayStation 2 in 2001 and is considered a seminal release of immense importance in the gaming industry. It’s the fifth best-selling PS2 game of all-time, and was re-released on a variety of platforms, most recently on iOS.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07...+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

i was already going to cop, but now i'm going to cop so hard, it hurts.

you have no clue!!! i am so hyped for this game, especially since they're gonna release it a week earlier. it looks so sick.. cant wait to play this one!! got platinum on the fall for cybertron. for people that are buying it, if you pre order at walmart you get war for cybertron... but gamestop got the g1 pack, amazon got the bruticus pack and stupid australia got swoop.. so mad about that!!!

War for Cybertron was a great game and similar to Arkham Asylum in that it revived the TF video game series. The multiplayer was solid, but a bit of a let down due to the fact that the community wasn't large. Fall of Cybertron was on my must have list since it was first revealed and the G1 DLC makes me want it that much more.

War for Cybertron was a great game and similar to Arkham Asylum in that it revived the TF video game series. The multiplayer was solid, but a bit of a let down due to the fact that the community wasn't large. Fall of Cybertron was on my must have list since it was first revealed and the G1 DLC makes me want it that much more.

same here.. and they fixed the multiplayer... and im so thankful for that.. cause before. you'd play online, and if the host would leave, the game would stop.. so you'd lose your 10 kill streak or whatever... so im happy they fixed it... excited to see the dinobots.. love slag or slug as they call him in the game.. still hope they add more characters.. would love to see rodimus/hotrod or any aerialbots/stunticons

WFC was also bad due to how u bad create a transformer was. Hopefully FOC fixes that.

WFC was also bad due to how u bad create a transformer was. Hopefully FOC fixes that.
That feature was a huge letdown. Its supposed to be more fleshed out in FOC:

Check out other vids on his channel for other classes and the demo releases on the 31st.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom