The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Jay-Z to executive produce 2K13.... soundtrack looks awesome.

2K Sports is teaming up with Jay Z, who will take on the role of Executive Producer of NBA 2K13.

"This has been a unique opportunity to collaborate with 2K Sports and be a part of one of the best sports video games in history," commented Jay Z. "NBA 2K13 will be the next evolution in sports and basketball culture, and I'm ready to usher in the new era of the franchise."

JAY Z, who's a 14-time Grammy award winner and who has partial ownership of the NBA's Brooklyn Nets, will be in charge of the overall look and feel of the game, which obviously includes the soundtrack, in-game menus and more.

"We aren't content with just being the best, and we will continue to grow the NBA 2K franchise into one of today's premier entertainment experiences," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "JAY Z's role in NBA 2K13 represents a unique fusion of basketball, music, art, and entertainment, and illustrates the evolution of NBA 2K into something much bigger than simply the best basketball video game series ever made."

The 24-song soundtrack will include:

The Hours - Ali in the Jungle
Too Short - Blow the Whistle (Main)
Eric B. and Rakim - I Ain't No Joke
Phoenix - 1901
JAY Z - Pump it Up (Freestyle)
Puff Daddy and the Family - Victory (feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
Daft Punk Around - The World (Radio Edit)
Santigold - Shove It (feat. Spank Rock)
Kanye West - Amazing
JAY Z - Run This Town
The Dirty Projectors - Stillness is the Move
Nas - The World is Yours
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Roy Ayers - We Live in Brooklyn, Baby
Justice - Stress
JAY Z - The Bounce
Kanye West - We Major (feat. Nas & Really Doe)
Mobb Deep - Shook Ones, Pt. II
Meek Mill - Ima Boss - Instrumental
Kanye West - Mercy (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz)
U2 - Elevation
JAY Z - On To The Next One
JAY Z - Public Service Announcement
JAY Z - H.A.M. (Instrumental)

MGS IV Trophies. Not as crazy as I thought they might be, especially compared to MGS 3 HD...
[COLOR=#red]Bronze You enjoy all the killing, that’s why. Killed many enemies in one area, and vomited.
Bronze Divine Wind Caused a “divine wind” using the Tanegashima.
Bronze Hands Up! Held an enemy soldier at gunpoint and performed a body check.
Bronze Emotion Control Controlled an enemy soldier’s emotions using an Emotive Magazine.
Bronze Hurt me more! Shocked an enemy soldier using Mk. II/III.
Bronze Drum Can Addict Knocked an enemy soldier flying using a Drum Can.
Bronze That Tune Is His Mind Control Music Played Oishii Two-han Seikatsu and made one of the BB Corps dance.
Bronze Overhead view — just like old times… Used overhead view on Shadow Moses Island.
Silver SUNLIGHT! Obtained the Solar Gun.
Silver I Just Don’t Fear Death Caused ALERT status while wearing the Corpse Camo.
Silver Where I Can See Ya Located enemy soldiers using the Scanning Plug.
Silver Ghost Photography Addict Snapped at least 5 shots of ghosts on Shadow Moses Island.
Silver FaceCamo Addict Obtained 10 or more types of FaceCamo (excluding types obtained via password).
Silver Can you feel my power now!!!? Took control of an enemy soldier’s body using the Mantis Doll or Sorrow Doll.
Silver Are you an Otaku too? Viewed all model posters.
Silver You’re pretty good. Got kissed by Ocelot during the final battle.
Gold Flashback Mania Viewed all flashbacks.
Gold Sounds of the Battlefield Obtained all iPod[emoji]174[/emoji] tracks (excluding tracks obtained via password).
Gold I am THE expert on weapons, equipment and cutting-edge technology. Obtained all weapons (excluding weapons obtained via password).
Platinum The Legendary Hero Obtained all trophies.[/COLOR]

I have done all that already. Give me my platinum!!! :lol:

Metal Gear Solid 4 Trophy Patch Coming Monday

Upgrade the four year old Metal Gear game with Trophy and data install support.

Konami will release Metal Gear Solid 4's Trophy and data install patch on Monday, August 6.

As detailed a couple of weeks back, this patch adds two major features to the four year old title: Trophy support and data install to eliminate lengthy pre-stage loading.

The patch will also come pre-installed on a new budget re-release that will begin appearing in stores this month.

Jay-Z to executive produce 2K13.... soundtrack looks awesome.
2K Sports is teaming up with Jay Z, who will take on the role of Executive Producer of NBA 2K13.
"This has been a unique opportunity to collaborate with 2K Sports and be a part of one of the best sports video games in history," commented Jay Z. "NBA 2K13 will be the next evolution in sports and basketball culture, and I'm ready to usher in the new era of the franchise."
JAY Z, who's a 14-time Grammy award winner and who has partial ownership of the NBA's Brooklyn Nets, will be in charge of the overall look and feel of the game, which obviously includes the soundtrack, in-game menus and more.
"We aren't content with just being the best, and we will continue to grow the NBA 2K franchise into one of today's premier entertainment experiences," said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. "JAY Z's role in NBA 2K13 represents a unique fusion of basketball, music, art, and entertainment, and illustrates the evolution of NBA 2K into something much bigger than simply the best basketball video game series ever made."
The 24-song soundtrack will include:
The Hours - Ali in the Jungle
Too Short - Blow the Whistle (Main)
Eric B. and Rakim - I Ain't No Joke
Phoenix - 1901
JAY Z - Pump it Up (Freestyle)
Puff Daddy and the Family - Victory (feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
Daft Punk Around - The World (Radio Edit)
Santigold - Shove It (feat. Spank Rock)
Kanye West - Amazing
JAY Z - Run This Town
The Dirty Projectors - Stillness is the Move
Nas - The World is Yours
Coldplay - Viva La Vida
Roy Ayers - We Live in Brooklyn, Baby
Justice - Stress
JAY Z - The Bounce
Kanye West - We Major (feat. Nas & Really Doe)
Mobb Deep - Shook Ones, Pt. II
Meek Mill - Ima Boss - Instrumental
Kanye West - Mercy (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz)
U2 - Elevation
JAY Z - On To The Next One
JAY Z - Public Service Announcement
JAY Z - H.A.M. (Instrumental)

Not enough for me to cop 2k13 this year. Not even at the $40 price.

I'll bootleg the soundtrack :lol:

PS3 fall & holiday exclusive game line up is looking hella weak this year.

I'm really just waiting for next Spring when I pray & hope GTA V will finally be out, also looking forward to Beyond 2 Souls and God Of War Ascension.

Last edited:
because the the vanilla version of the game is the gold standard of ps3 performance
laugh.gif
microSOFT = greedy money grubbin garden tools.  ps4 better get some lead development burn but i doubt it.  microSOFT = paper gangsters
grin.gif

Nas - The World is Yours
PS3 fall & holiday exclusive game line up is looking hella weak this year.

Who cares tho? Journey already came and saved the day.  The crap box and its entire fan base has already been obliterated.

i know i know youre just looking for some new fun exclusive i get it.  cheers.

I dont play basketball, so ill just download the soundtrack for 2k13

Side note- Ghost Recon: future solider is pretty good game

Need help on max Payne 3 my brother played his own story mode he didn't overwrite his saves though. So I get back to where I left on chapter 12 but I can only go to chapter select and play the last part I played but not to the next level it takes me to were my brother left off! Which is chapter 3 :smh:

Was hoping for better news; hoping that Naughty Dog moved up the RD. Oh well
tired.gif
my gut feeling tells me that theyre not going to settle on a release date until they (sony) decide the ps4's release date, and whether or not they want last of us launching alongside it or before it

or maybe even after it ala gow2

so far its possible that ps4 could release anywhere from fall 13 to spring 14, like Oct-april

or maybe im just crazy

Originally Posted by Noskey link

Was hoping for better news; hoping that Naughty Dog moved up the RD. Oh well |I
 my gut feeling tells me that theyre not going to settle on a release date until they (sony) decide the ps4's release date, and whether or not they want last of us launching alongside it or before it or maybe even after it ala gow2 so far its possible that ps4 could release anywhere from fall 13 to spring 14, like Oct-april or maybe im just crazy

So far I believe the PS4 will be released in mid/late 2014.

About to start up Final Fantasy 13. What are the pros and cons? What else to expect?

I have played all previous Final Fantasies.

About to start up Final Fantasy 13. What are the pros and cons? What else to expect?
Pros:Getting to Gran Pulse and doing the hunting missions. :pimp:
Cons: Everything else. :lol:
Suggestion: finish it quickly and get to the sequel. :lol:

cons:
story is so-so (IMO)
some characters may annoy you. some become useless. some shouldve been given more screentime/backstory.
once youre done with the story, you sorta wish they executed it a little better
the game can become a chore, especially 3-4 hours in (early parts. but im just guesstimating and dont really wanna spoil anything. maybe 1/3 and/or 1/2 way through)
linear - could be a bad thing for some. I didnt care too much.

pros:
visuals
music
battle system - its different. mixed criticisms on it from what ive read, but there's a setting in the options to make it so its not "button smash 1 or 2 buttons and that's it"
voice acting aint too bad. I know the Chinese version has both ENG and *** voice acting.

all i can say is, the game couldve been greater. I cant find too many memorable moments like most other jrpg's do. I mean, there's a few, but on the memorable scale, its not quite high.

the pros I listed sorta makes up for the shortcomings though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom