The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Until Dawn looks similar to Siren: Blood curse.

Haven't played it but the reviews have been really good.

Will purchase soon on psn.

Until Dawn looks similar to Siren: Blood curse.

Haven't played it but the reviews have been really good.

Will purchase soon on psn.

Other than The Last of Us, all this GamesCon stuff is boring.

Nothing short of MGS5 or PS4 is going to excite me at this point. Bring on next gen please.

Let us know how Counterstrike is. I never got into PC gaming, but if it is any good, I dont mind picking it up.

Sleeping Dog is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Peeps who watch the Young and Dangerous movies, will recognize some of the voice actor
laugh.gif

Couldnt get Scottie... :smh: Still, I enjoy how 2K brings something new every year. Now if they could just fix their online play.

Dream Teams Collide in NBA 2K13
Charles Barkley returns to video games as 1992 and 2012 Team USAs face off
by Ryan McCaffrey AUGUST 15, 2012

L.A. Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant made waves before the 2012 Summer Olympics began when he said that the 2012 edition of Team USA could beat the fabled 1992 Dream Team that featured no fewer than 11 Hall of Famers. “It’d be a tough one,” Kobe predicted. “But I think we could pull it out.”

Unsurprisingly, the 1992 legends literally chuckled at the notion. “I absolutely laughed,” Michael Jordan said in response. “For him to compare those two teams is not one of the smarter things he ever could have done.” Original Dream Team forward Charles Barkley also got a kick out of Bryant’s prediction, retorting, “Other than Kobe, LeBron, and Kevin Durant, I don’t think anybody else on that team makes our team.”

Dream Weavers

So many Hall of Famers, so few roster spaces.

Since time machines haven’t been invented yet, how can we possibly settle this eternal debate? Enter NBA 2K13, which will feature a Dream Team mode that lets you pit the 1992 team against the 2012 squad. Perhaps the bigger news is the long-awaited video game return of Barkley, who lends his name and likeness to a hoops game for the first time since the Sega Genesis cult classic Barkley Shut Up and Jam! 2 in 1995. Why now, Sir Charles?

“[NBA 2K13 executive producer] Jay-Z put in a call to Charles himself and helped us forge an agreement,” said 2K Sports marketing VP Jason Argent.

Ultimately, only Scottie Pippen, whom 2K could not reach a licensing agreement with, is excluded from the roster. Still, Jordan commented to IGN about the Dream Team face-off, “I think it’s going to start debates. I don’t think it’s going to end any.”

And so the gang is finally all back together. Why did it take so long for His Airness to sign on the dotted line with a video game company? “I just didn’t have a passion to do that, initially,” Jordan said. “[But now] I felt the need to connect to this different era, this different generation,” because “now, these kids don’t have an opportunity to see me play” on TV or in-person.

Hands-On Impressions
But what of the game itself? We finally got to play it, and a few significant changes should keep hoops fans happy for another year. First is the Control Stick. Think of it as a merging of NBA 2K’s long-running Isomotion controls with NBA Live’s old Freestyle controls. Basically, you now hold the left trigger in order to go into the Shot Stick you already know. The default actions on the right thumbstick are now ball and body controls, allowing you to do a ridiculous array of moves. Even bounce passes are now at your control by holding LT and pressing A.

“There were things in basketball we just couldn’t do with Isomotion as it was before,” said gameplay director Rob Jones.

Second are Signature Skills, a new way of differentiating the unique talents of the league’s best players. Expect upwards of 30 of them total, with each player having up to five of the passive abilities. Clutch, Deadeye, Lockdown Defender, and others will make the stars just a little more accurate to their real-life counterparts, and in My Player you’ll be able to develop them with your custom avatar.

The third is for Xbox fans, and it’s Kinect voice support. Don’t panic, though: there’s nary a gesture control to be found. Instead, you can simply call out plays with your voice rather than digging through the D-pad menu during possessions. For instance, you can say, “Run a screen for me,” or “Call a post play for Bosh.”

Tip-Off
I always loved NBA Live’s Freestyle controls, so mixing them with NBA 2K13’s more simulation-style gameplay is a huge win for me. Combine that with the return of my all-time favorite player Charles Barkley and (most of) the rest of the original Dream Team and NBA 2K13 might have somehow found a way to up its game yet again. Now if we could just get Jay-Z to give Scottie Pippen a call…

Sony once again looking for a console game to put on the cape to super save a portable, smh. Game looks TERRIBLE.

COD is on all platforms and if thish as been tailored for the Vita then you can't really call it a console game. I do agree on the it not looking great though. Killzone and Assasin's creed shows what the Vita's capable off.
Maybe they had to make sacrifices for the gameplay but I'm not expecting much.

Until Dawn's a move title that's been in development for some years now.
Here's the press release

Hi, my name is Will Byles and I’m the Executive Creative Director for Until Dawn over at Supermassive Games. We’re very excited to finally lift the lid on our new PlayStation 3 title, developed exclusively for PlayStation Move!

To give you a sneak peek at what’s in store, check out our announcement trailer below.

So, what did you think? We’ve been working on this game for a while now, collaborating with Hollywood writers and US TV talent, doing our best to bring the teen horror experience to PlayStation. Inspired by classic movies in the genre, we expect that Until Dawn will draw you in with its characters, killer dialogue and shocking, twisted story.

So, what’s it all about? On the anniversary of their friends’ disappearance, a group of classmates visit the site of the mystery to lay their ghosts to rest and get some closure. Little do they know, they’ll end up burying each other instead.

It’s teen horror so obviously it’s isolated, the power’s out and the phones don’t work! You’ll play through the story as multiple characters, sometimes with a friend and sometimes on your own, to discover who it is that’s intent on killing off you and your friends. It’s up to you how you play, so we don’t know how your story will go or who’ll be there with you at the end.

Until Dawn for PS3 Until Dawn for PS3

To play the game you’ll use the PS Move controller in a totally natural way. It’ll act as your torch, guiding your way through the darkness. Additionally, when you want to use an item, the controller will intuitively map your actions in the real world to those of your character’s hand in the game world.

We really hope you’re as psyched about Until Dawn as we are, coming next year exclusively to PlayStation 3. Get ready to be scared!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/14/until-dawn-revealed-for-playstation-3/

So is it every USA basketball team in 2K13¿

I cant find info, but I would imagine it's just the Dream Team. I assume they'll set up the 15 Legends Showcase again, but have either just Dream Team games or include other Olympic moments.

Although, how difficult could it be when they beat every team by an average of 44 points per game? Maybe they'll make you be the 2000 team. :lol:

Incredibly, the Vita version of Need for Speed: Most Wanted is essentially the same as the PS3 and Xbox 360 games. “Everything from what we the ‘TV game’ is here on the small screen,” he announces. And when he says everything, he means it – every highway, back street, bridge and tunnel. All of the cars, the meet-ups, the challenges and the drive-through garages – they’re all in the game, and importantly they haven’t been cut down or changed to fit the Vita.

“This is pretty much the PS3 version of the game shoehorned onto Vita very tightly,” he continues. “This is a very technically ambitious thing to do - there aren’t any open-world games on Vita so far. To keep the world the same, to not make any compromises – that’s what we’ve done.”

So when you get behind the wheel of a BMW M5 in Need for Speed Vita it’ll feel exactly the same as it does on PS3. The handling is just as sharp and responsive, the drifting as perfectly pitched, which is impressive considering the differences between two machines. “On handheld the physics are very hard to get right because you’re very limited on memory but the handling is pretty much the same,” explains Ward. “We can do the same demo on Vita that we can on PS3.”

Better still, all of the detail from the home console game is carried over too, so as a race progresses your car gets scuffed and scraped, and damaged with every knock it takes. There will be races at different times of the day too, and while Criterion is still hard at work populating the city and implementing many of the features, we did see the switch from daytime to dusk, with your car’s headlights flickering into action to illuminate the tarmac ahead.

Impressively, Ward promises that all of the cars will feature in the game, and they look fantastic on Vita’s small but punchy screen. “These cars are the best cars ever to appear in a Need for Speed game,” he enthuses, “and they’re the same here as they are on PS3 and 360. To get them onto Vita like this is ******* insane.” And like its bigger brother, Vita’s recreation of the city of Fairhaven will be littered with supercars waiting to be found. Stumbled upon a Porsche 911 Carrera 4S? Simply jack it and it’s yours to keep.

Multiplayer will be fully supported, with all of the modes and challenges making the jump onto Sony’s handheld. Unfortunately cross-play isn’t going to feature – the idea of PS3 and Vita owners going head-to-head was a little too ambitious – but it will fully support Autolog. So when you race on the Vita version – or indeed any version of the game, including iPad – you’re constantly earning Speed Points that accumulate on your Autolog profile, all of which help bump you up the Most Wanted leaderboards.

Need for Speed will make use of Vita’s unique functionality too, and the touchscreen can be used to quickly access HUD information in the middle of a race. But Ward was quick to iterate that it won’t impact how the game plays, and that thankfully “you won’t be driving using the touchscreen.” Or the gyro, we hope.

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/15/need-for-speed-most-wanted-vitas-hidden-gem

Feed it into my vains!

This is essentially Burnout Paradise 2 since it's made by the same people and it' more or less has the same structure. To have all that content on the Vita is just amazing.
I was getting worried thinking it will be a dumbed down port. They also said they're considering cross buy but I doubt EA will give the Vita version for free.

Some Screens
VITA_NFSMW13scrn_gallery_post.jpg

VITA_OUTRUN_COPS_gallery_post.jpg

iP58UZKwDJV4x.JPG

^ It was supposed to be out July 31st but one of the audio tracks had a licensing issue and delayed it. Probably be out in the next couple weeks.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Takes its Tentative First Steps
Game producer Naoki Yoshida highlights some of the reasons to reinvest your faith in A Realm Reborn.
by Stace Harman AUGUST 17, 2012

Naoki Yoshida is keen to stress one thing above all else about Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: that it is neither an expansion nor a patch update, but is instead a brand new game.

Certainly, there are a whole host of new features to add credibility to this claim, even if its numerical denomination remains the same as its previous iteration. From the team working on its creation, to the engine used to power it, through to the user interface, combat system and around 90 percent of the in-game assets; a great deal about this MMORPG has changed. Yoshida also highlights that all of the field maps have been scrapped and recreated from the ground up, giving even existing Final Fantasy XIV players a whole new world to explore.

Of course, after the disappointment of the first attempt at Final Fantasy XIV, a great deal of change was necessary.

That doesn’t mean that we’re not looking to the future though, we realise that [new consoles] will be coming and making the game compatible with these systems is something that we’re currently thinking about.

The combat system, for example, borrows from Final Fantasy VII’s Limit Break mechanic, where actions during combat fill a gauge that can be used to unleash devastating attacks. Instead of being confined to the individual, this is an adapted party-based Limit Break system, which each party member contributes to and that can be activated by any one of them, with effects varying depending on the role of the person that triggers it.

However, the most immediately obvious change is the new engine, which does a very good job of providing an alluring reason to spend time in the world of A Realm Reborn and the forest setting shown during an in-game demo provides the perfect opportunity to highlight the real-time shadows as light filters through the tree canopy. The initially intrusive-looking HUD, which stacks three lines of spell and ability slots atop vital stat readouts, can be reordered, moved around the screen and then either locked in place or left floating to be adjusted on the fly.

Despite the increased graphical prowess of Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn and members of its development also having worked on Square Enix’s impressive Luminous Studio engine, Yoshida dismisses the notion that that technology could be used in an MMO. In fact, the producer jokes that a MMO run on Luminous would probably require the power of a PlayStation 5.

Talk of the future generation of consoles does raise an interesting question concerning A Realm Reborn’s development for PS3: why release a MMO, that Yoshida acknowledges is built to run for anywhere between five to ten years, so late in the life of the current gen, especially when it is widely anticipated that the PS4 will arrive at some point in the next 18 months.

We talked about losing the trust of the player base with the original release of Final Fantasy XIV and so one of the steps to rebuilding that trust is to fulfil our promises.

“The biggest reason for doing so is because we promised that we would release Final Fantasy XIV on PS3 and there are still a lot of players that are waiting for us to do that,” Yoshida answers. “Before, we talked about losing the trust of the player base with the original release of Final Fantasy XIV and so one of the steps to rebuilding that trust is to fulfil our promises.

“That doesn’t mean that we’re not looking to the future though, we realise that [new consoles] will be coming and making the game compatible with these systems is something that we’re currently thinking about, but until Sony and Microsoft actually make an announcement, we can’t make an announcement.

“The biggest thing though is that our new engine is very scalable and so when new technology comes out we can easily scale to meet its capabilities.”

Yoshida proceeds to show us just how scalable the engine is by showing A Realm Reborn running in HD on high settings, followed by demoing the game on a laptop running on an Intel i5 processor. The game is optimised to around 70 percent and while the shadows suffer a noticeable downgrade in quality it still runs smoothly, albeit without the strains of being online.

The switchover to A Realm Reborn will be worked into the narrative.

Those currently playing Final Fantasy XIV needn’t abandon their characters, as the switchover to A Realm Reborn will be worked into the narrative, with an in-game event facilitating the switch-off of the servers running the original game as player data will be migrated across to A Real Reborn at some point during the beta testing.

As with any MMO, significant in-game time will be required to ascertain how well the implemented changes function and whether A Realm Reborn fixes the myriad issues of its predecessor. The upcoming beta testing will provide that necessary time to do that but the features highlighted so far suggest a game much improved.

The biggest test that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn faces is whether it can justify Square’s decision to charge a premium monthly subscription to enjoy its world remade. It’s something that Star Wars: The Old Republic hasn’t been able to sustain and, like Final Fantasy, that title entered the MMO market with a massive, well recognised and well loved brand behind it. Both the fans and beta testers will provide the answer to that question in the coming months and provide the biggest indicator of whether A Realm Reborn will outlive its doomed predecessor. Keep an eye on this one as it takes its first tentative steps in the world, it has the potential to grow-up strong.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn beta is expected to launch on PC later this year, with the PS3 version coming in 2013.

^^^ The "patch" will drop march 2013

PS3 version still does not have a solid release date.

I'm impressed with what I've seen.

I hope they go free-to-play. I will be picking it up for PS3 when (if) it drops.

I'd rather spend hours on a game like this, than COD.

Anyone getting CS:GO next week for PS3?

Squad up Dennis :nerd:
Pre-ordered last night.

Gon cop week after it comes out.
Havent played a single GOW so the SAGA is a must.
Any word on GTA 3 comin out on PSN?

Looks like we'll have some numbers, then :pimp:

I've been playing the PC beta since it came out for PC preorders on the 14th. Enjoying it. Nothing ground breaking but worth the price.

I hooked up my PS2 earlier today and popped this game in. It felt so good to play it again. :pimp:

I want a Console sequel already... :frown:

Anyone getting CS:GO next week for PS3?

Squad up Dennis
nerd.gif
Pre-ordered last night.

Gon cop week after it comes out.
Havent played a single GOW so the SAGA is a must.
Any word on GTA 3 comin out on PSN?
Looks like we'll have some numbers, then
pimp.gif

I've been playing the PC beta since it came out for PC preorders on the 14th. Enjoying it. Nothing ground breaking but worth the price.
Hopefully they'll let ppl mess around wit stuff. I remember the first time playing CS w/o gravity
pimp.gif

Hopefully they'll put a Playstation Plus discount on GTA, I got it for PC but the controls are hard as hell

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Takes its Tentative First Steps
Game producer Naoki Yoshida highlights some of the reasons to reinvest your faith in A Realm Reborn.
by Stace Harman AUGUST 17, 2012

We talked about losing the trust of the player base with the original release of Final Fantasy XIV and so one of the steps to rebuilding that trust is to fulfil our promises.

“The biggest reason for doing so is because we promised that we would release Final Fantasy XIV on PS3 and there are still a lot of players that are waiting for us to do that,” Yoshida answers. “Before, we talked about losing the trust of the player base with the original release of Final Fantasy XIV and so one of the steps to rebuilding that trust is to fulfil our promises.
that integrity is palpable.  i foresee a return of the squaresoft glory days.....hopefully.

as for Star Wars Old Republic, i just got it for $15, anyone play this thing?  it's not bad. but what do i know, the last PC game i played and beat was the 11th hour back in the early 90's LMAO

OR is my first MMORPG and just enjoying dabbling in the experience.  are they saying this game is a failure because no one is playing it anymore?
I'd rather spend hours on a game like this, than COD.
basically
The new YouTube app...
smokin.gif
I hooked up my PS2 earlier today and popped this game in. It felt so good to play it again.
pimp.gif
[if IE]><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="640" height="390" /><![endif]I want a Console sequel already...
frown.gif

any word on a KH collection?

Back
Top Bottom