The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Im not even going ot comment on the Versus news. :smh: Thanks for it, though, Hybrid.

Also, Last Guardian is no longer in existance. :stoneface:

Last edited:
Im not even going ot comment on the Versus news.
mean.gif
Thanks for it, though, Hybrid.
Also, Last Guardian is no longer in existance.
indifferent.gif
theyre still working on it, it was just some news about the trademark not being renewed in the US or some **** like that

Last edited:
:nerd: just popped in skyrim cuzi haven't played in a while new update 1.06 as we speak lmfao it took forever for ps3 to get an update def paying this game until madden comes out

I am. I have the game pre-ordered. The game is staying true to the roots of HK cinema, reminds me of Infernal Affairs and Young & Dangerous, if you're into HK gangster/action flicks. They got Emma Stone, Lucy Liu, Kelly Hu, and Edison Chen voicing the characters, too. The landmarks and locales of Hong Kong look really authentic.
Check out these GIFs:
http://h13.abload.de/img/a8udcz.gif
http://i.minus.com/ibsStGo6I00fKh.gif

Early reviews of the game have been surprisingly good:

After watching some live video feeds and saw some more. I decided to pre order it and cop from Amazon. They are giving a $10 future credit and I have amazon prime so I should get it on release date.Also pre order bonuses with them look pretty dope also.

Last edited:
yo are there any actual rpg's with the turn based battle system on the ps3?
the million dollah question goes to the million dollah answah

no, there are not many JRPG's on the ps3 system.

mass effect equals major negative, as does FO 3 (bless it's soul)

your best bet is atelier rorana (sp?) as far as ps3 software is concerened (there may be others)

but who gives a %^&* about ur concern, we wanna blow ur neighborz doorz off..... final fantasy 9

its one of the few games behind fallout 3, and its turn based, get on it, now

greatest game ending ever.

yo are there any actual rpg's with the turn based battle system on the ps3?

Some of my favorites include:

Valkyria Chronicles
Record of Agarest Series (Zero, 1, and 2)
Rainbow Moon (PSN)
Cross Edge
Disgaea 3 (still havent bought 4).
Eternal Sonata
Vandal Hearts (PSN)
Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 (basically turn based)
Star Ocean
Resonance of Fate
White Knight Chronicles (1 and 2) - Basically turned based as well, but movement is possible while in battle.
Last Rebellion (Easy Plat)

I just started Tales of Graces f and I am really enjoying it thus far. (10 hours in)

I found the Altilier games to be boring and repetitive.

Some of my favorites include:
Valkyria Chronicles

Disgaea 3 (still havent bought 4).
VC is one of my favorite games. it was fun with the hybrid gameplay it had.

And although I havent played Disgaea 3 in a while, i still like that game a lot. everytime i look at the box this pops into my head.

i swear i used to sit in the main hub and listen to this song over and over. it's soo catchy. :lol: :pimp:

Heads up

BestBuy has some nice trade in promos where they are giving a extra 50% on top of the original amount for the games you trade in.I just traded in:

-NHL 12
-Twisted Metal
-MLB 12 The Show for PS Vita
-Lumines for PS Vita

And got $66 altogether :nthat:

Black Ops 2: Rebooting Call of Duty Multiplayer
New loadouts, new interface, new play style.

by Mitch Dyer AUGUST 13, 2012

When David Vonderhaar discusses Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer, it’s like listening to an intelligent, articulate critique of the franchise’s unwillingness to change. As Game Design Director, Vonderhaar is the idea man. He’s a well-spoken developer who’s proud of his team and title. When he tells me about the new direction for Black Ops II multiplayer, he’s confident and excited. But each time he tells me about a new concept, he qualifies it by saying, “I can’t believe I didn’t think of this sooner.” Vonderhaar is hard on himself, and it’s hardly surprising. His smart and simple changes seem so obvious the moment you see them that you’ll wonder what took so long to implement them.

With Black Ops II pushing its setting a decade into the future, it makes sense that Treyarch is, finally and in multiple ways, modernizing Call of Duty. The overhauled user-interface makes Modern Warfare 3 look and feel like a relic of gaming’s past. The newfound depth of character customization caters to and empowers different kinds of Call of Duty players. Most importantly, the retooled reward system will alter the way millions of people play the biggest first-person shooter in existence.

Before you step onto the battlefield to capture flags or dominate control points, you’ll want to spend some quality time getting to know the new loadout system. The user interface is cleaner, making it easier to take in information -- attachments are all laid out side by side, while guns rotate on a carousel menu. Vonderhaar doesn’t want players wasting time diving into and pulling back out of unnecessary menus. The elegance is necessary. Without it, managing the new customization system would be disastrous. Instead, it enables new ways of building custom classes.

Drones: The new bane of your existence.

The internal nickname for Treyarch’s customization system is “Pick 10,” since, well, that’s what you do. In the past, you had to take items into battle “whether you cared for them or didn’t care for them,” Vonderhaar says, “whether you used them or didn’t.” Each of your class loadouts in Black Ops II has a maximum of 10 slots you can fill however you please. If you don’t use secondary firearms, simply remove it from your set and replace it with a perk, grenade, or attachment. In addition to this, Vonderhaar throws players a potential curveball: you can sacrifice a perk or tactical item for a Wild Card, providing further options.

These could have huge ramifications on multiplayer.

With these, you can double the amount of frag grenades you spawn with, add a second primary weapon to your loadout, or take additional perks. You may have to opt against taking a scope or a pistol, but Treyarch makes each strategic decision worth your while. You can even skip guns altogether, equip three perk-centric Wild Cards, and go into each match with six perks -- just try to steal a weapon as fast as possible, yeah?

The idea of Pick 10 was born out of an actual boardgame.

“What makes the Wild Cards special is they allow you to break the rules of the traditional system,” says Vonderhaar. This is handled within reason -- you can't stack Wild Cards to carry just grenades into battle, for instance. Each slot variant has limited restrictions, but they allow an additional kind of flexibility.

If you’re first instinct says this sounds an awful lot like a table-top game, you’re not wrong. Vonderhaar and Treyarch built board games to get a grip on how the loadout system would function, what the possibilities were, and to ultimately define their new open-ended philosophy. All of this happened “before writing a single line of code” for Black Ops II, Vonderhaar explains. This helped the developer destroy and rebuild the rigid class customization of previous entries, while identifying issues that needed solving.

David Vonderhaar “will never, ever design video games again without going through this process.”

Pick 10 truly allows you to play to your personal style. It lets you focus on what works and reject what doesn’t. In turn, you’ll become a better, more capable competitor. The results of your decisions come to life, of course, on the battlefield. Experimenting with loadout styles felt like experimenting with a collectible card game deck or trying on an outfit -- you sample what you have, see how it suits you, and adapt accordingly.

However you suit up, you’ll want to use whatever scores you the most points. Points are the new focus; Kill Streaks are out, Score Streaks are in. Now you earn streak bonuses based on what you do overall, not just how many dudes you kill in a row. Kills are part of it, certainly, but Treyarch is steering players in a direction the Call of Duty franchise desperately needed: Playing as a team, and playing carefully, are more important than ever.

Black Ops II incentivizes players going for objectives rather than kills. Scoring a headshot makes you considerably less points than scoring a flag or control-point capture. What’s more, killing while carrying the flag doubles the points you earn, which fills your Score Streak meter much faster. When you cross the point threshold of your equipped streaks -- each has its own numerical value, ranging from the low hundreds to the 1200 point range -- you unlock access and unleash.

Now players need to repeatedly score to keep their streak bonuses in play. If you die, you lose your score streak. This is incredibly important. It forces Call of Duty players to stop rushing, start thinking, and value their precious life. As I poured more time into multiplayer, I found myself stepping away from traditional Call of Duty values. Black Ops II looks and plays and feels just like any other series entry, but the mentality with which you approach the competitive side is completely different. Don’t be surprised to see players behaving as though they’re playing SOCOM or Counter-Strike. Even though you respawn, each life matters.

With all this in mind, Treyarch has removed the COD Points currency system, so all unlocks -- whether it's slots for your Pick 10, Score Streaks, or weapons -- are gated off by rank. You level up, you get more. When you Prestige at 55 and start again, you'll still be unlocking new stuff.

These shields can be placed for cover.

That each piece of gear affects a specific person in a deeper way than any past Call of Duty games is the heart of Black Ops II multiplayer. This is a bold departure from the franchise’s numbing familiarity. For the first time since Modern Warfare's debut, a Call of Duty game is uprooting shooter conventions -- in due time, other designers will follow and borrow Vonderhaar's ideas for own games. Treyarch is content to leave Modern Warfare 3 to its own devices. Each of Vonderhaar’s ideas help broaden the appeal of Black Ops II, because they seem to serve as reactions to vicious online criticisms of Call of Duty -- most notably, uh, that scathing Call of Duty Needs to Change thing that I wrote.

IGN rating for Sleeping Dogs

9 - Presentation
Sleeping Dogs’ story is awesome, and it’ll keep you riveted. Load times are acceptable and menus are easy enough to navigate.

7.5 - Graphics
You certainly won’t find a beautiful game with Sleeping Dogs, but it looks nice. It’s too bad that there are some texture loading issues and a poor draw distance, though.

9 - Sound
You’ll be surprised how well Sleeping Dogs’ mixture of Chinese and English voice acting works. The ambient sounds of Hong Kong also shine through exceptionally well, as does its varied soundtrack.

8.5 - Gameplay
Camera angles can get wonked-out while fighting and especially while driving. But melee combat and gunplay alike are still a lot of fun, and the driving is generally sublime.

8 - Lasting Appeal
You’re looking at 20 or 25 hours to see, do and accomplish everything in the game, and more if you’re chasing a full Trophy list.

8.5 - OVERALL - Great
(out of 10, not an average)

Last edited:
anyone else watching sonys gamescom besides me?

so far, new announcements include "cross buy" which gives you a free vita copy with the ps3 copy

and a new media molecule ip

I lost my account. They can't recover it. Feels Batman.

Just copped Sleeping Dogs for free though. Can't complain too much.

VC is one of my favorite games. it was fun with the hybrid gameplay it had.
And although I havent played Disgaea 3 in a while, i still like that game a lot. everytime i look at the box this pops into my head.

i swear i used to sit in the main hub and listen to this song over and over. it's soo catchy. :lol: :pimp:

Agree with both you

VC is great, just mad that there are no trophies

Disgaea 3 is the only game i play on my vita now, Fun as can be. The first Disgaea is still one of the GOAT

Canadian Heads.

If you buy Sleeping Dogs or Darksiders from Futureshop this month, you get a coupon to get 20 bucks off any game you buy in September. Plus you get the Sleeping Dog steelbook

New native YouTube app for PS3 is LIVE. D/L from the Playstation Store. You can watch vids in HD and manage your subscriptions.

Back
Top Bottom