The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

PS All-Stars is so much fun. The only smash game I played was the one on gamecube but I prefer this.

People keep comparing it to smash but it also takes a lot of inspiration from Capcom fighters as well and that's why I prefer it to smash.
Your attacks build meter which you need to perform supers to kill your opponents. You can mash attacks but It rewards those who learn the combos of the characters as it builds meter faster like your typical Capcom game.
Because the game takes inspiration from smash and capcom games it also means it plays well in all the different modes, 1 v 1, 2 v 2 and free for all.

PS Easy to plat and no rage quitters either

REAL TALK.................is a playstation allstars game a good game and honestly is it better than super smash bros
Played it the last two nights. Not better than the OG SSB. But still pretty damn fun. Would only buy to play with a group of friends.

Radec is the **** in that game.

but would a group of people be able to pick up and play it? It sounds like you need to know how to do complex combos to power up and destroy opponents

super smash bros was so succesfull because there was a low difficulty curve and it was great to play with 4 people. And each character felt different.

Do they have modes where you just knock out the opponent? as in super smash bros

It's easy to pick up and play and figure out. The public beta didn't have training or trial mode yet everyone I played knew what they were doing.
You don't need to learn the combos(especially in free for all) but you're rewarded if you do.

Also you can't knock out your opponents like in smash. There are stage hazards and you can be knocked off a ledge but it only depletes your super meter. it doesn't kill you.

eek.gif
pimp.gif
Body is so ready. Going to start a new campaign during the Christmas holiday.

Last edited:
First MLB 13 The Show Screenshots:
22066.jpg

22068.jpg

22067.jpg

22070.jpg

22071.jpg
[h1] [/h1]
[h1]Fans Will Decide the Cover of MLB 13 The Show[/h1]
+ Posted by Tyler Vaught  // Sports Product Marketing Manager

If you’re already missing the baseball season, we’ve got news to cheer you up: today we announced the North American release of MLB 13 The Show, the latest installment of the number-one selling and rated Major League Baseball video game franchise. Available for PlayStation 3 and PS Vita, MLB 13 The Show is due to arrive in stores on March 5, 2013, just in time for MLB Spring Training.

Which baseball superstar will be on the cover of MLB 13 The Show? For the first time ever, fans will select the cover athlete for this year’s title via a Cover Campaign in early January. Stay tuned — some of the top names in the sport will be announcing their candidacy in the upcoming weeks.

Nothing compares to Postseason baseball. That’s why The Show offers an All-New Playoff Mode, which includes an in-stadium atmosphere that replicates the excitement and tension of October baseball. The experience is unrivalled by anything The Show has ever exhibited.

Other new features include a completely new beginner mode and instructional enhancements that make The Show the best pick-up and play baseball experience available. In addition, the improved Play Now mode streamlines gameplay, for faster and simpler games. San Diego Studios has also revamped The Show’s Franchise and Road To The Show modes with expanded options and new gameplay experiences.

Taking The Show on the road? The PS Vita version of The Show features the same list of upgrades and new features as the PS3 version. As with last year, you can sync your Season, Franchise and Road to the Show saves between platforms to continue the action anywhere. MLB The Show also offers the opportunity to play with friends around the world at no extra cost on PlayStation Network.

These are just a few of the enhancements San Diego Studios have made to the 2013 version of The Show. All new features and game modes will be unveiled and detailed throughout the coming months.

The Show has been and continues to be the highest-rated officially licensed baseball title of this console generation (according to Metacritic.com), delivering true-to-life gameplay, authentic franchise and season modes, and incredible detail not found in any other sports game.

For more information about the MLB 13 The Show, visit www.theshownation.com  andwww.facebook.com/mlbtheshow.

Nike is supposedly in MLB 13, but I couldn't see it in the screenshots even when blown up.

Last edited:
Nike is supposedly in MLB 13, but I couldn't see it in the screenshots even when blown up.
Neither could I.

Nike and other major brand accessories would be a welcome addition to the game.

i know u said no usuals, but wth heres my take:

1) gran turismo 5

2) gow saga

3) uncharted series (id say just go right to 3, 1 & 2 are good but the graphics on 3 are something else...plus it frees up ur time not having to go through 1 & 2, just youtube those)

4) killzone 2 (campaign is dope and online was rockin when i first got it)

5) infamous 2

6) little big planet 1 or 2 if u like platformers

not so commonly spoken of:

7 ) pure chess (if u like chess or are interested in learning it, because it has tons of tutorials from the looks of it)

8) heavy rain

9) old square soft titles off the psn store  (as far as i know xbox doesnt have the old FF/xenogear/chrono cross etc games.....and it doesnt deserve them, either)

10) shin megami tensei (ps2 title off psn store....soundtrack is cray)

11) Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (must buy)

12)  JOURNEY JOURNEY JOURNEY!!!!!! (did i mention journey? u can beat it in no time and ur still rewarded with a deeply satisfying and profound ending)

finally, 4 cross over titles that you should defintely check out (and sadly, these games would be so much better if they didnt have to run on that crap box):

12) Fallout 3 (greatest video game ever made...even better on PC tho)

13) assassins creed 3

14) mass effect 3

15) battlefield 3

cant go wrong with any of these  titles.....just go by genre preference.  good luck and drop ur psn if u want.  folks around here defintely know their gaming.
Appreciate the input. I'm looking for ALL NEW PS3 games. I have most of the PS1 and PS2 classics in their original boxes but I wouldn't mind picking up the HD Collections at a later date.

I forgot about GT5, definitely will pick that up. GoW should be fun. There's only 1 new GoW on PS3? I assumed there was a multiplayer GoW out. Maybe it didn't release yet?

Bundle came with Uncharted and Infamous but I'm not interested in those titles at the moment.

Not a fan of LBP either which is weird because I adore platforming games. They just seem off to me compared to the Mario masterpieces. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Did Last Guardian get cancelled? 

Hmm.. So far I'm looking at Heavy Rain, Journey, GoW, Ratchet and Clank (they were good on PS2!) and MGS4. 

I'll have to dig around for the more obscure and unique titles. 

Anyone know how to reduce or completely rid of input lag on big screen LED TVs? I tried tampering with every single setting on my PS3 and every display/picture buffering setting for my TV, but to no avail..

I even reduced the picture from 1080p to 720p and disabled the 240HZ refresh rate but I still get very bad input lag. Was playing 2K13 and a button press is delayed and responds 2 secs later. I looked all over TV forums and a lotta people have the same issue... Does anyone have the same issue and have found a fix? I have a Panasonic Viera LED smart TV if that matters.

BTW, does the type of HDMI cable make a difference in picture quality or input lag/

Last edited:
From Yahoo...

its the tv, some led/lcd tv's suffer from input lag/display lag, hence the reason why you are better off with a plasma tv for gaming,,

LCD screens with a high response time value often do not give satisfactory experience when viewing fast moving images (They often leave streaks or blur; called ghosting). But an LCD screen with both high response time and significant display lag is unsuitable for playing fast paced computer games or performing fast high accuracy operations on the screen due to the mouse cursor lagging behind. Manufacturers only state the response time of their displays and do not inform customers of the display lag value.

have you tried changing the tv mode to gaming, that wont cure it 100% but it will help a little bit

Yoshida: Another Mistake Like FF14 Would "Destroy" Square
"Unless you are a genius, you cannot make something completely new from nothing."
by Luke Karmali NOVEMBER 27, 2012

Naoki Yoshida has revealed that he feels another mistake like Final Fantasy XIV would end up "destroying" Square Enix.

Speaking with Kotaku, the game's producer and director explained that his team is fully aware of the pressure on them to salvage the brand's reputation following the poor reception the MMO received. He asserted that this was why they were determined not to launch the revamped Final Fantasy XIV - A Realm Reborn until they feel the game is ready.

“We won't make a mistake like FFXIV again. If we did, it would be like at the level of destroying the company.

Final Fantasy XIV launched back in 2010 to a negative reaction from fans and critics alike, resulting in Square Enix CEO Yoichi Wada saying "the Final Fantasy brand has been greatly damaged."

Just why the game didn't fare particularly well has been the subject of much scrutiny over the last couple of years, but now Yoshida himself has waded in with his thoughts. Filling both the producer and director roles for the game since December 2010, when the previous producer of the game resigned and left the company, he's now revealed he had qualms about the state of the game even before he was involved with it.

"When I heard that it was going to go on sale as planned, I thought, that will probably be a big mistake," he admitted, before saying he believes the fundamental error made was that lessons weren't learned from other MMOs. The original team supposedly were just trying to make an MMO that felt different from Final Fantasy XI, which Yoshida believes was a mistake.

"I think it would've been good if they tried seeing what happened if they turned World of Warcraft into Final Fantasy. So, because they tried only to make something that was 'different from FFXI,' they ended up with not much of anything.

"They should have said, 'Hey you, go play WoW for a year [for inspiration].'

"Unless you are a genius, you cannot make something completely new from nothing."

There's still no set launch date for the revamped Final Fantasy XIV, though it's expected to appear around the middle of 2013. The PlayStation 3 version is also still in development, with more details expected on that soon.

Decided to replay FF XIII,

2 hours in and i forgot how great the graphics and music were. This time around i decided to not use Auto-battle and stick to manually use the ability menu.

eldritch means eerie and by saying "intentions" i gave it a quality of personification

deal wit it lmao
I know what eldritch means. You don't know what scarcity or tongue-in-cheek means.

Fallout 3 is your favorite game. Your opinion doesnt make it the best game ever.
lmao o rly? i dont know what scarcity means?....i meant it in terms of barrenness, invoking 

"the quality or state of being scarce; especially: want of provisions for the support of life"

in such a way i used the word correctly as well as "tongue'-in-cheek" for surely the fallout series is known for its dark HUMOR (or in other words, not full of itself or taking itself too seriously....). perhaps u think i didnt use tongue in cheek correctly because i was referring to digital media as opposed to a person or a performance, when really ive heard tongue in cheek used to describe movies, songs etc...or in this case, a video game....

even if i didnt use the words correctly i could really care less, whenever i write i do not care if u understand me.  i spit in the face of logic.  

im a master of this slave language known as english and im the one who describes adams first words to eve as thus:
He was aware of (taste!) that triumphant knowledge of foods not yet gathered from lands beyond the thickest moisture, of colors not yet assembled, of breezes coming towards him as much they emanated from him, bringing odors most regal and resplendent.   What he witnessed before him was refined existence, pin-pointed to an exact moment of science (art, really).   He laughed a laugh that split the silence with gentle force, a welcoming way of saying hi.  

And then, as an afterthought: “So, what have you done with my peels?”
so please spare me the grammatical enthusiasms.  im a master of this slave language and at this point can do whatever i want with any word or grammatical rule i want.  sorry, champ (sorry had to pull a deuce king there lmao)

.....i still rolls with ya tho. u good ppls
NT, please if u would, name me a more depressing, bleak, and or otherwise dreary a game than half-life 2.

i was thinking of making a thread but im interested in what the p3 community thinks....

HL 2 is found on the orange box and ive had it for years but only pick at it.....fallout 3 has nothing on this depressing *** game because fo 3 has 3dog, eden and stradavarius.
Do you mean depressing as in the game's story is sad or the that the game itself is bad?

neither, really.....the story is bare-bones and the game is not bad.....it's a game which helped pioneer the FPS movement.  but, with that said, the atmosphere is suffocating.  the first part of the game takes place in these sewers.....the sound effects are sparse and echo with eldritch intentions throughout the barren vistas of the game's levels.  there are cities in the distace that make you feel even more alone, since it seems as if ull never get there.

its just the atmosphere is so bleak and depressing.......fallout 3 is like this at times, but it's held back from such scarcity due to the tongue-in-cheek manner in which it is sometimes portrayed.

im actually fascinated by halflife 2's depressing world and am interested if anyone knows of a game with as much of a haunting atmosphere. not that id play that game but i was jw.......so yeah.....
Dark Souls or Demon's Souls.
oooo good cal!! i forgot bout that software. ur right,  u are pretty dolo in that game huh? ill utube it LMAO
Fallout 3 a better game in all respects over HL2? Skip Uncharted one and two and go straight to three?
cute gif (not rly)

but yeah....fallout 3 dookies on anything ur studio has ever made or ever will make. sorry, champ.

and yah ya bettah believe i told old boy to skip 1 & 2....... dont want him lamped up playin damb video gamez all day.  just utube those first two.....UC series is a bunch of shoot this, find that, watch drake fall from this ledge,.....pretty cut and dry...whereas fallout 3 (the greatest video game of all time) is a game where EVERY SINGLE frame u witness, is a window to a million profound thoughts.  no other game does this.  not a one
REAL TALK.................is a playstation allstars game a good game and honestly is it better than super smash bros
my friends growing up were into SSB, not me....played one round  or so.  not cuz it wasnt fun but just it wasnt fun with them (they were too good). from ive played tho SSB is miles beyond all stars (this comming from one of the biggest PS homers ever).

all stars demo was a real gahb manoovah
i know u said no usuals, but wth heres my take:

1) gran turismo 5

2) gow saga

3) uncharted series (id say just go right to 3, 1 & 2 are good but the graphics on 3 are something else...plus it frees up ur time not having to go through 1 & 2, just youtube those)

4) killzone 2 (campaign is dope and online was rockin when i first got it)

5) infamous 2

6) little big planet 1 or 2 if u like platformers

not so commonly spoken of:

7 ) pure chess (if u like chess or are interested in learning it, because it has tons of tutorials from the looks of it)

8) heavy rain

9) old square soft titles off the psn store  (as far as i know xbox doesnt have the old FF/xenogear/chrono cross etc games.....and it doesnt deserve them, either)

10) shin megami tensei (ps2 title off psn store....soundtrack is cray)

11) Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection (must buy)

12)  JOURNEY JOURNEY JOURNEY!!!!!! (did i mention journey? u can beat it in no time and ur still rewarded with a deeply satisfying and profound ending)

finally, 4 cross over titles that you should defintely check out (and sadly, these games would be so much better if they didnt have to run on that crap box):

12) Fallout 3 (greatest video game ever made...even better on PC tho)

13) assassins creed 3

14) mass effect 3

15) battlefield 3

cant go wrong with any of these  titles.....just go by genre preference.  good luck and drop ur psn if u want.  folks around here defintely know their gaming.
Appreciate the input. I'm looking for ALL NEW PS3 games. I have most of the PS1 and PS2 classics in their original boxes but I wouldn't mind picking up the HD Collections at a later date.

I forgot about GT5, definitely will pick that up. GoW should be fun. There's only 1 new GoW on PS3? I assumed there was a multiplayer GoW out. Maybe it didn't release yet?

Bundle came with Uncharted and Infamous but I'm not interested in those titles at the moment.

Not a fan of LBP either which is weird because I adore platforming games. They just seem off to me compared to the Mario masterpieces. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

Did Last Guardian get cancelled? 

Hmm.. So far I'm looking at Heavy Rain, Journey, GoW, Ratchet and Clank (they were good on PS2!) and MGS4. 

I'll have to dig around for the more obscure and unique titles. 
ur not missing much with lbp, theyre great. my daughter loves em but yeah Mario destroys lbp

not sure bout last guardian manooviz.  its hanging by a thread i can tell ya that much

mgs tho..... ::makes fart noise with mouth::

maybe the first one is good,but the rest?  nahhhhhhh

as for obscure titles i did a quick google search for "ps3 exclusives" and was led to a wikipedia page and cross-referenced that with what i played....check it out fambo
Decided to replay FF XIII,

2 hours in and i forgot how great the graphics and music were. This time around i decided to not use Auto-battle and stick to manually use the ability menu.
ff 13 is dope.  coulda been bettah had it not been on that disgusting crap box

Last edited:
lmao o rly? i dont know what scarcity means?....i meant it in terms of barrenness, invoking 

:  the quality or state of being scarceespecially  :  want of provisions for the support of life

in such a way i used the word correctly as well as "tongue'-in-cheek" for surely the fallout series is known for its dark HUMOR (or in other words, not full of itself or taking itself too seriously....). perhaps u think i didnt use tongue in cheek correctly because i was referring to digital media as opposed to a person or a performance, when really ive heard tongue in cheek used to describe movies, songs etc...or in this case, a video game....

even if i didnt use the words correctly i could really care less, whenever i write i do not care if u understand me.  i spit in the face of logic.  

im a master of this slave language known as english and im the one who describes adams first words to eve as thus:
He was aware of (taste!) that triumphant knowledge of foods not yet gathered from lands beyond the thickest moisture, of colors not yet assembled, of breezes coming towards him as much they emanated from him, bringing odors most regal and resplendent.   What he witnessed before him was refined existence, pin-pointed to an exact moment of science (art, really).   He laughed a laugh that split the silence with gentle force, a welcoming way of saying hi.  

And then, as an afterthought: “So, what have you done with my peels?”
so please spare me the grammatical enthusiasms.  im a master of this slave language and at this point can do whatever i want with any word or grammatical rule i want.  sorry, champ (sorry had to pull a deuce king there lmao)

.....i still rolls with ya tho. u good ppls

oooo good cal!! i forgot bout that software. ur right,  u are pretty dolo in that game huh? ill utube it LMAO

cute gif (not rly)

but yeah....fallout 3 dookies on anything ur studio has ever made or ever will make. sorry, champ.

and yah ya bettah believe i told old boy to skip 1 & 2....... dont want him lamped up playin damb video gamez all day.  just utube those first two.....UC series is a bunch of shoot this, find that, watch drake fall from this ledge,.....pretty cut and dry...whereas fallout 3 (the greatest video game of all time) is a game where EVERY SINGLE frame u witness, is a window to a million profound thoughts.  no other game does this.  not a one

my friends growing up were into SSB, not me....played one round  or so.  not cuz it wasnt fun but just it wasnt fun with them (they were too good). from ive played tho SSB is miles beyond all stars (this comming from one of the biggest PS homers ever).

all stars demo was a real gahb manoovah

ur not missing much with lbp, theyre great. my daughter loves em but yeah Mario destroys lbp

not sure bout last guardian manooviz.  its hanging by a thread i can tell ya that much

mgs tho..... ::makes fart noise with mouth::

maybe the first one is good,but the rest?  nahhhhhhh

as for obscure titles i did a quick google search for "ps3 exclusives" and was led to a wikipedia page and cross-referenced that with what i played....check it out fambo

ff 13 is dope.  coulda been bettah had it not been on that disgusting crap box
I was taking what you said seriously until you said every MGS game after MGS 1 is "not good". Then Fallout 3 better Half-Life? 
eek.gif
 Fallout 3 is the worst Fallout game in the series. I suggest you play Fallout 1, 2 and New Vegas. They are all made by the original developers and that's what a Fallout game is supposed to be.

Also, what's up with your grammar? I don't usually nit pick and could care less but damn dude...
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom