The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Via Bloomberg

“Sony is Under Major Pressure to Cut the Price of the Vita or Risk a Major Failure

laugh.gif
@ Boost sending an SOS all the way from the EU servers.
you still on? ill hop on in a few better pull your weight tho

laugh.gif

Sony should strongly consider dropping the Vita price down to 200$ for the wifi version and 230$ for the 3g version.
Or else theyre effed.

Sony should strongly consider dropping the Vita price down to 200$ for the wifi version and 230$ for the 3g version.
Or else theyre effed.

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Or else theyre effed.

how are they effed?  are you aware of how the psp is selling in japan?  vita kills any mobile device when it comes to gaming and will for a few years

sonys after those who actually want a dedicated gaming device with the 250 pricetag, not the people who are debating between vita and a new iphone

the new sony is after profitability > mindshare and 200 isnt profit, the system was designed to hit 250 and thats what they did

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

Or else theyre effed.

how are they effed?  are you aware of how the psp is selling in japan?  vita kills any mobile device when it comes to gaming and will for a few years

sonys after those who actually want a dedicated gaming device with the 250 pricetag, not the people who are debating between vita and a new iphone

the new sony is after profitability > mindshare and 200 isnt profit, the system was designed to hit 250 and thats what they did

I don't think the $250 price tag will be too much of a problem. Wasn't the PSP also $250 when it launched?

The reason why the 3DS failed isn't because of the price tag, its because it has absolutely no support. The thing has been out for half a year and I can't even name ten games for it. The two biggest games for it are what? Street Fighter and Legend of Zelda: OoT? One is a port of a 3 year old game and the other is 14 years old.

The Vita just screams quality from everything including the asthetics to the actual hardware. It's also getting strong launch support with games like Uncharted, Little Big Planet, and maybe SF X Tekken.

I don't think the $250 price tag will be too much of a problem. Wasn't the PSP also $250 when it launched?

The reason why the 3DS failed isn't because of the price tag, its because it has absolutely no support. The thing has been out for half a year and I can't even name ten games for it. The two biggest games for it are what? Street Fighter and Legend of Zelda: OoT? One is a port of a 3 year old game and the other is 14 years old.

The Vita just screams quality from everything including the asthetics to the actual hardware. It's also getting strong launch support with games like Uncharted, Little Big Planet, and maybe SF X Tekken.

Yea it screams quality and will have a good if not great game lineup. Like I said the hardcore dedicated gamers will buy it, me included but will that be enough profit for Sony seeing as the casual will stay with their iphones and 3ds because its 169$.
Im not sure how many people are willing to pay 250$ for a handheld console. The game's changed since the first psp came out people.
We can all speculate but only time will tell.

Yea it screams quality and will have a good if not great game lineup. Like I said the hardcore dedicated gamers will buy it, me included but will that be enough profit for Sony seeing as the casual will stay with their iphones and 3ds because its 169$.
Im not sure how many people are willing to pay 250$ for a handheld console. The game's changed since the first psp came out people.
We can all speculate but only time will tell.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Vita is worth $250 but there's no way the 3DS is worth that much. Nintendo got greedy and i'm sure that part of its failure along with what you said about the lack of software is also the massive price tag.

Originally Posted by DangerousG

Vita is worth $250 but there's no way the 3DS is worth that much. Nintendo got greedy and i'm sure that part of its failure along with what you said about the lack of software is also the massive price tag.

I wonder if that trophy count is legit.

Haven't people been known to hack in and inflate their trophy totals?

If it is legit..
eek.gif

I wonder if that trophy count is legit.

Haven't people been known to hack in and inflate their trophy totals?

If it is legit..
eek.gif

IDK the guy, when you're on the ps3trophies forums most folks have their gamercards in their sigs
laugh.gif
I see people up there with anywhere between 50-100 platinums.

IDK the guy, when you're on the ps3trophies forums most folks have their gamercards in their sigs
laugh.gif
I see people up there with anywhere between 50-100 platinums.

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

laugh.gif
Pull my weight? @*!@+ +%%! up
laugh.gif
, I carry YOU and Jason. It's all good. I'll be on in a lil bit.

Originally Posted by ChicagoKid23

laugh.gif
Pull my weight? @*!@+ +%%! up
laugh.gif
, I carry YOU and Jason. It's all good. I'll be on in a lil bit.

Spoiler [+]
Eat Sleep Play Co-Founder, David Jaffe has announced that Twisted Metal won't be making its scheduled October 2011 release date, moving into the early part of next year instead. The extra time will be invested in making the game "the best Twisted Metal ever made," says Jaffe, who also announced that the game will be putting in an appearance at Gamescom and PAX.

"Now, if we shipped Twisted Metal tomorrow – going off the response from folks who have played it – I assure you, it would never be a bad game. Not even close," said Jaffe. "But we’re aiming for a heck of a lot more than that! With Twisted Metal we plan to ship a multiplayer classic. We plan to ship the best Twisted Metal ever made. We plan to convert a lot of folks who think vehicle combat is a relic best left to 90′s nostalgia."

At Gamescom and PAX, a brand new level called 'Thrills & Spills Amusement Park' will be shown alongside the brand new Team Hunted mode, which promises to pack in the same brand of OTT destruction and twisted humour that the Twisted Metal series is famed for.

Twisted Metal will now be shipping in early 2012.

Spoiler [+]
Eat Sleep Play Co-Founder, David Jaffe has announced that Twisted Metal won't be making its scheduled October 2011 release date, moving into the early part of next year instead. The extra time will be invested in making the game "the best Twisted Metal ever made," says Jaffe, who also announced that the game will be putting in an appearance at Gamescom and PAX.

"Now, if we shipped Twisted Metal tomorrow – going off the response from folks who have played it – I assure you, it would never be a bad game. Not even close," said Jaffe. "But we’re aiming for a heck of a lot more than that! With Twisted Metal we plan to ship a multiplayer classic. We plan to ship the best Twisted Metal ever made. We plan to convert a lot of folks who think vehicle combat is a relic best left to 90′s nostalgia."

At Gamescom and PAX, a brand new level called 'Thrills & Spills Amusement Park' will be shown alongside the brand new Team Hunted mode, which promises to pack in the same brand of OTT destruction and twisted humour that the Twisted Metal series is famed for.

Twisted Metal will now be shipping in early 2012.

Back
Top Bottom