The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

I could care less what the console looks like the control looks good to me, also for the computer graphics savy is the 8gb gddr5 as big a deal as im reading across the boards ?
compared to current gaming i would say def yes...the overall specs is up to par with id say a mid level 600-$700 pc...the graphic card is however pretty much up to par with a top notch nvidia graphic card.processing power is the current standard of pc...so overall stats would say it is the closet a console has gotten to pc play...(in theory)

Not sure of it was brought up or answered, with Sony promoting the cross play thing, will you still have to buy Vita games separately or will they be bundled in some way with the PS4 version.

I hope so. Giving me $4 for a $60 game, when they're gonna re-sell for $50.

It's not right. Thats why i like this "season pass" type of thing. Slows down Gamestop from their rape prices.
sounds like the same could be said about gamefly...with the ability to try full versions of games..... pay 2 play etc..... plus another thing i noticed and they didnt touch on...the ability to continue the game from the console to vita ala like wiiu...will it be limited in range like the wiiu? Also they said the vita will be intergrated in gameplay with ps4 i wonder will it function like a second screen ala like wiiu...If so then that could spell trouble for wiiu...

Just let me know the release date and price and we're good
pimp.gif

sounds like the same could be said about gamefly...with the ability to try full versions of games..... pay 2 play etc..... plus another thing i noticed and they didnt touch on...the ability to continue the game from the console to vita ala like wiiu...will it be limited in range like the wiiu? Also they said the vita will be intergrated in gameplay with ps4 i wonder will it function like a second screen ala like wiiu...If so then that could spell trouble for wiiu...
I think Nintendo set themselves up for failure releasing the WiiU so early. I don't like the idea of playing off multiple screens, so i'm hoping sony 

doesn't force this upon on us. I didn't like the sixaxis function when it was introduced (still don't) but we had the option to turn it off, so that was nice.

Here's the specs for those who missed.

[h1]Sony Details PlayStation 4 Processing Specs, DualShock 4, and Eye[/h1][h2]New light shed on the system's internals and peripherals.[/h2]

by Scott Lowe

FEBRUARY 20, 2013

http://http://
http://

At tonight's event we were offered a brief overview of the PlayStation 4's powerful new hardware and a few quick glimpses at its new peripherals, the DualShock 4 and Eye. Now, the company has released additional information about the console's internals and more detail about the controller and new camera.

aaaadualshock22-610x340.png

Sony has confirmed that the PlayStation 4 will be powered by a custom 8-core AMD "Jaguar" x86-64 with integrated graphics APU and "next-generation" AMD Radeon graphics processor capable of driving 1.84 teraflops. As detailed at the event, it will come paired with 8GB of dedicated GDDR5 memory, making it competitive with most gaming-focused PCs on the market. As expected, the system will ship with a Blu-ray drive, built-in 80.211 b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 2.1, as well as HDMI, Analog-AV, and optical digital output. Sony is giving I/O options a boost with the inclusion of USB 3.0 ports and a mysteriously vague "AUX" port. Each system will ship a "Mono Headset" for cross-game chat and other social features.

What's more, we've gained new insight into the DualShock 4. As we know, the controller sports an integrated touch pad, headset jack, share button, and LED player identifier, but we've now learned that the touch pad features a mechanical button and supports "capacitive type." In addition to the obvious size and ergonomic changes, the DualShock 4 is expectedly gaining a bit of weight, going from 6.77 ounces on the DualShock 3 to 7.4 ounces on the DualShock 4. In addition to helping track a player for motion-based controls, the built-in LED can also be used to represent in-game elements, like a player's overall health.

8492671393_3e3fe6e7d0_b-610x206.jpg

Details were remarkably scant at the event regarding the PlayStation 4 Eye, which has been revealed as having a 1280x800 pixel sensor capable of capturing video at 60 frames-per-second — a significant gain over the Kinect's 640x480 30fps sensor. It can also be used to automatically detect players, though Sony hasn't detailed the exact application of the feature.

Scott Lowe is IGN's resident tech expert and Executive Editor of IGN Tech. You can follow him on Twitter at @ScottLowe  and on MyIGN at Scott-IGN.

the 8gb of gddr5 is what screams NEXT-GEN about the entire system

there are systems today with more powerful processors and more ram, but they lack bandwidth of the ps4

exclusives that harness that bandwidth will be a sight to behold :wow: ...not to mention no gpu out there has it

most outsiders thought it would be 4gb along with most "insiders" and that 4 would be good enough, but then BAM 8 :wow: :wow: :wow:
So basically... **** just got real?

I want this thing bad. Too bad I won't be around when it drops.
Don't do it bro

ibjxCz37mFXzrX.gif

ibp2LYnmQJjEkC.gif

iuBXMwsXHcHKJ.gif

deepdown-16-7fps-290-1iosm.gif

I hope this is more Dark Souls rip off than Dragon's Dogma 2.

Last edited:
The is true but even a stand alone GPU like the HD 7950 has more bandwidth already (240 gb/sec).
tasks still have to travel from cpu to PCI-e though

not to mention windows and amd/nividia drivers
indifferent.gif
  seriously, games have no idea what gpu is even there

the gpu is part of the cpu on ps4.... we're talking serious bandwidth here

also, 8gb gddr5 UNIFIED RAM

Last edited:
950? That joint better let me have full fledged internet explorer with flash so I can watch project free TV.

I'm hella late to the party.

Where can I watch the ps4 reveal in it's entirety?

What's look good and bad about the new ps?

Anything else that I'm missing?

Back
Top Bottom