ibykP0UTwfpxCY.jpg

ipgmFeu53Ty7w.jpg

ibjYbu5mTYmMlU.jpg

i1Wb93gU9EpDo.jpg

iblg9DfJVkeL5J.jpg

iuZtyonEYUV9r.jpg

sadly the images have been scaled down by NT

Last edited:
[h1]Why Didn’t We See The Actual PlayStation 4 Tonight? Sony’s Boss Explains.[/h1]
avt-small.jpg
Luke Plunkett

Well, that was weird. We got a console reveal without Sony actually revealing the console. It's left a lot of people confused, maybe even concerned, so given the chance we had to ask: where was the PS4?

"Why do you care?" jokes Shuhei Yoshida, president of Sony's Worldwide Studios.

Pressed as to what we should be reading into when we get a console reveal without the reveal of the console itself, Yoshida tells Kotaku "It was almost the other way around. When we planned for this event, obviously we discussed what we should show and talk about."

"As far as the DualShock 4 is concerned we wanted to do the live demo. And we were like, yeah, we have to show the controller, because it's awkward not to show the controller when someone is doing a demo. And also the feature that the DualShock 4 has, the share button, is a very key idea behind the design of the PS4... We really wanted to explain what we've done with the DualShock 4, but as far as the system itself we have to keep something new for later. Otherwise you'd get bored."

http://kotaku.com/5985824

-saving for E3

Damn, they are wilding with that price tag :lol: Definitely gonna wait a year or 2 for the price to go down.

Definitely looking interesting though.

Okay so im reading more into the memory sony put into the ps4 and from what i summed on here and the other boards is sony just made a monster gaming console, not pc but in comparison to the consoles out now its a beast.

Okay so im reading more into the memory sony put into the ps4 and from what i summed on here and the other boards is sony just made a monster gaming console, not pc but in comparison to the consoles out now its a beast.
8GB GDDR5

:x

Sony in YOLO mode.

Last edited:
tasks still have to travel from cpu to PCI-e though

not to mention windows and amd/nividia drivers :stoneface:   seriously, games have no idea what gpu is even there

the gpu is part of the cpu on ps4.... we're talking serious bandwidth here

also, 8gb gddr5 UNIFIED RAM

Either way. The top of the line tech has so much power that it does not matter and can still achieve more than ps4 or xbox.

Yeah, if MS sticks with DDR3, they really have shot themselves in the foot.

They are going for the kinect crowd. PS4 is spending money on what matters while MS is spending too many resources on kinect.

Last edited:
Either way. The top of the line tech has so much power that it does not matter and can still achieve more than ps4 or xbox.
all its going to be doing is running HD5800 games made with 1-2gb of vram at higher resolutions and fps

heres the system that crysis 3 was designed to run on
[h3]Crysis 3 system requirements (minimum)[/h3]
  • CPU: 2.8 GHz dual core processor, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Phenom X2 or better
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Graphics: DirectX 10 graphics card with 1 GB RAM, Nvidia 400-series or AMD Radeon 5000-series.
  • Operating system: Windows Vista
  • DirectX 9c sound card
  • 16 GB free hard drive space

Last edited:
all its going to be doing is running HD5800 games made with 1-2gb of vram at higher resolutions and fps

heres the system that crysis 3 was designed to run on

[h3]Crysis 3 system requirements (minimum)[/h3]

• CPU: 2.8 GHz dual core processor, Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Phenom X2 or better
  • RAM: 2GB
  • Graphics: DirectX 10 graphics card with 1 GB RAM, Nvidia 400-series or AMD Radeon 5000-series.
  • Operating system: Windows Vista
  • DirectX 9c sound card
  • 16 GB free hard drive space

I understand that because most PC uses probably do not even own mid range cards much less the titan. PS4 will compete due to the standard being set in stone and being so high and games being optimized for it. What I meant was that more powerful tech is already out and exists and the "we could not do this until the ps4 came out" comment is kinda misleading. He should have said "on consoles."

Sony just confirmed that they will allow used games according eurogamer. You can already stick a fork in MS unless they match or outdo PS4 specs.

I understand that because most PC uses probably do not even own mid range cards much less the titan. PS4 will compete due to the standard being set in stone and being so high and games being optimized for it. What I meant was that more powerful tech is already out and exists and the "we could not do this until the ps4 came out" comment is kinda misleading. He should have said "on consoles."
i get what youre saying about raw processor and memory specs having been around

but im saying this type of cpu/gpu bandwidth along with low level hardware access has yet to be seen

if timothy lottes (of nvidia) blog post was up, you'd see that so much gpu raw power you speak of is obfuscated by windows and nvidia/amd drivers and the generality of plugNplay parts

that raw power just cant be accessed on pc

this is their chance to access it

Last edited:
$499 has to be the starting price.

Yeah I can dig that. Realistically, dudes drop near that much or more on Tablets and other tech devices.

IPads can easily cost several hundred dollars. I think gamers, tech heads and the average consumer is more comfortable than 5-7 years ago spending $500+ on a gaming system. It'd be wise to aim for $400-$500 though.

It will not be no $950 
indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif
 @ who thought $950 was going to be the price

I spoke to someone I know that works for Sony corporate and he says it will be in the $499 to $550 price range.

He also said that he has already seen it and played it and says it is AMAZING. So the official model has already been released. We should see something at E3.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom