The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

I'll agree this was underwhelming.. But really, I don't actually care what the console looks like, as long as it comes in "piano black"

This felt like an announcement for an announcement. Or a features trailer.

Share button is exciting to me, especially if there is a way to watch from other devices, and not just on another PS4

Downloads while system is off? Good. Especially if they dont improve system update times.

Excited for new inFamous, The Witness looks interesting, and Watch Dogs still looks amazing.

TGS in May(?) and e3 in June will decide if I'm standing in line release night or waiting until a week later...

I've been a primary PS player since the first time I held the PlayStation controller in my hands back in 1995, and call me what you will, that isnt changing anytime soon.

and people are taking this "console" stuff OD

it was more like announcing a PLATFORM than a console

who gives a **** how it looks, 8GB GDDR5 RAM... anyone with a pc with that please stand up
but in todays time and the history of gaming it will be overkill and probably never use full potential,,,but it did what it was set out to do...the wow factor

I'll agree this was underwhelming.. But really, I don't actually care what the console looks like, as long as it comes in "piano black"

This felt like an announcement for an announcement. Or a features trailer.

Share button is exciting to me, especially if there is a way to watch from other devices, and not just on another PS4

Downloads while system is off? Good. Especially if they dont improve system update times.

Excited for new inFamous, The Witness looks interesting, and Watch Dogs still looks amazing.

TGS in May(?) and e3 in June will decide if I'm standing in line release night or waiting until a week later...

I've been a primary PS player since the first time I held the PlayStation controller in my hands back in 1995, and call me what you will, that isnt changing anytime soon.

TGS is in september

Everyone look up the second watch dog's trailer that was on the ps4.. omfg :smokin takemymoneynow

Last edited:
but in todays time and the history of gaming it will be overkill and probably never use full potential,,,but it did what it was set out to do...the wow factor
for exclusives it will be

multiplats will be designed to run on whatevers in that other machine
tired.gif

A new application from SCE called “PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]App” will enable iPhone, iPad, and Android TM base smartphones and tablets *3 to become second screens. Once installed on these devices, users can for example, see maps on their second screens when playing an adventure game, purchase PS4 games while away from home and download it directly to the console at home, or remotely watch other gamers playing on their devices.

--HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!
eek.gif

expecting something like titan in a console is not realistic at all

I am not expecting it. I am just stating the both consoles will have inferior graphics to what you find in top of the line PC's. Especially with all that "we haven't had the ability or the tech to do this until the ps3 arrived." That tech has been around for some time now.

TGS is in september

thats right... isnt something in may? whens Gamescom? CAPtivate? I always get excited for something in may...

Edit: I was thinking of PAX East next month, and Captivate probably in April...

Last edited:
I am not expecting it. I am just stating the both consoles will have inferior graphics to what you find in top of the line PC's. Especially with all that "we haven't had the ability or the tech to do this until the ps3 arrived." That tech has been around for some time now.
not in the form of an APU........ BANDWIDTH

A new application from SCE called “PlayStation[emoji]174[/emoji]App” will enable iPhone, iPad, and Android TM base smartphones and tablets *3 to become second screens. Once installed on these devices, users can for example, see maps on their second screens when playing an adventure game, purchase PS4 games while away from home and download it directly to the console at home, or remotely watch other gamers playing on their devices.

--HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! :wow:

Good stuff, they have an answer to smartglass and the wii-u(Sort of)

Full specs in these documents

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130221a_e.pdf

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130221b_e.pdf

http://www.scei.co.jp/corporate/release/pdf/130221c_e.pdf

Immediate Gameplay
PS4 radically reduces the lag time between players and their content. PS4 features “suspend mode” which keeps the system in a low power state while preserving the game session. The time it takes today to boot a console and load a saved game will be a thing of the past. With PS4, gamers just hit the power button again and are promptly back playing the game at the exact point where they left off. Additionally, users can boot a variety of applications including a web browser when playing a game on PS4.
PS4 also enables games to be downloaded or updated in the background, or even in stand-by mode. The system takes it one step further by making digital titles playable as they are being downloaded. When a player purchases a game, PS4 downloads just a fraction of the data so gamers can start playing immediately, and the rest is downloaded in the background during actual gameplay.

Combined with the Mono Headset that will be bundled with PS4, gamers will also be able to chat with friends playing online, while hearing sound effects from the controller in hand.

A headset will be bundled. It sounds like the PS4 eye won't be bundled which is good. It was beginning to sound expensive :lol:

Buying from Home. 
pimp.gif
 Midnight release campouts no more. Downfall of Gamestop????

The live stream was a bit boring, but that new Infamous looks dope!!

Can't wait to pick up the PS4... I just hope it's not as ridiculous as when the PS3 first dropped.

People trying to resell for thousands 
roll.gif

mean.gif

M$oft is gonna rip the lack of hardware shown come E3. Just watch.
M$ aint gonna wait til E3 ...if they do its gonna backfire since Sony probably have the final design for the PS4 by then ...

-i'm still trippin off dat 8gb of DDR5 ...games gonna look insane
pimp.gif

-im cool with the camera being sold separated, i'm probably gonna buy it also and just video chat with my fam from all over the world
pimp.gif

Last edited:
M$oft is gonna rip the lack of hardware shown come E3. Just watch.

They'll reveal before E3 and show off their box. They will allways try to one up Sony. Waiting till E3 wont make sense as Sony will show the ps4 there too.

I could care less what the console looks like the control looks good to me, also for the computer graphics savy is the 8gb gddr5 as big a deal as im reading across the boards ?

I could care less what the console looks like the control looks good to me, also for the computer graphics savy is the 8gb gddr5 as big a deal as im reading across the boards ?
the 8gb of gddr5 is what screams NEXT-GEN about the entire system

there are systems today with more powerful processors and more ram, but they lack bandwidth of the ps4

exclusives that harness that bandwidth will be a sight to behold
eek.gif
...not to mention no gpu out there has it

most outsiders thought it would be 4gb along with most "insiders" and that 4 would be good enough, but then BAM 8
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom