The Official PlayStation 3 | ViTA Thread Vol. Plenty of Life Left

Didnt even know it had co-op. :nerd:

Yea, I have it. Not too far in (6 hours), as I have been coaching kids camps all week. Should be on tonight though.

Not 100% on how it works, I think you can let someone control one of your characters online. Saw the 1-4 players on the box, and hit up google to see what the deal was, not to clear though. I only got about 3-4 hours into it last night.

No NFL Sunday Ticket for PS3 This Year

For the past two years, PlayStation 3 owners have been able to buy the DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket app and watch any NFL game that's not airing in their area. This year? Not so much.

PlayStation has confirmed to IGN that NFL Sunday Ticket will not return to the PS3 this season. A PlayStation representative did not elaborate as to why the app won't be returning, but Microsoft did make a point of touting its partnership with the NFL for the Xbox One back in May.

Link:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/14/no-nfl-sunday-ticket-for-ps3-this-year

:smh:

Glad I have Directv in my house.

Watching a few Saints Row IV vids, and it looks kinda fun.  My favorite sandbox game was Spiderman 2 and Incredible Hulk just swinging/jumping around thru the city.  With SR, i can see myself doing these things...

But I'm torn because i'm definitely not getting both GTA and SR, but i would rather get GTA on the PC for an endless assortment of mods.

Decisions decisions.

Ghosts MP was revealed today... hopefully someone can post vids.

Nothing too cool. Squads are nice because you can gain XP while offline.

I have been playing Hitman from the PS+ download...It's pretty fun...I'm playing on normal and it seems a little easy right now....will probably mess with the higher difficulties...Seems like you can pick up a lot of trophies pretty easily as well

^looks cool.

I wonder how diff. the current gen verision will be from the next gen version. 

Their "destructible/interactive"environments looks like a gimmick. 

I don't think that it will take that long for seasoned players to exploit those environment traps.

Not buying any games until after I pickup my GTA V Collectors Edition.I have Beyond 2 Souls pre ordered but even with that game I'm leaning towards probably not getting it with the PS4 launch so close by and I know with that I'll be getting Killzone Shadow Fall and Watch Dogs.

Last edited:
any1 getn splitter cell BL? i am jus to hold me over til gta5 drop. sept/oct gon b busy for games. i always get a nba game. prob fifa. an def gta5

I have been playing Hitman from the PS+ download...It's pretty fun...I'm playing on normal and it seems a little easy right now....will probably mess with the higher difficulties...Seems like you can pick up a lot of trophies pretty easily as well

I am playing on hard, as its all you need to platinum the game. Its challenging but not unfair.

You can get 30% of the trophies on the second level. All the online ones take an hour max.

Final Fantasy xiv online final beta phase starts on Friday...just got my code... My weekend is set.

Im in the position of not wanting to ruin anymore of the story. :lol:

Im at level 15 and got a real good feel for it. Im just going to wait for release and start a new character.

I am playing on hard, as its all you need to platinum the game. Its challenging but not unfair.

You can get 30% of the trophies on the second level. All the online ones take an hour max.

Yeah I seen you made a contract so I played & liked yours for 2 trophies :pimp: :lol:

:lol: I thought I did pretty decent at it, but I logged in the other day and ***a5in11 had crushed my top score. :smh:

Asynchronous multiplayer done like this is actually pretty cool. Especially for a game like Hitman that is so single-player oriented.

I wish Assassin's Creed had done something like this rather than the garbage they tack on every year.

random dumb question but can you stream content from a ps3 to an android tablet/ipad?
like the content is on my ps3 and i can watch it from my tablet via dlna or whatever?
:nerd:

picked up dragon's crown last week ... really fun game

Wanted to pick it up but started playing Soul sacrifice :smokin , great game and right now its only 17 bucks.

For those that upgraded their HD, how did you transfer your old files over to your new HD? I have a 250GB HD and its so full i cant download Hitman (16GB)

Who has a 500gb ps3? 

With every game you purchase, you have to install a certain amount of gbs onto your hdd for said ps3 game to work right?

Assuming that I want to own 25-40 ps3 games, would a 250gb ps3 make the cut or would the 500gb ps3 be the better option?

I have a 250gb 360. I have about 66gb left. Pretty soon, I'll be at the point where I'm deleting my downloadables to save space, not to mention games with multiple discs.

Also, can you download full games to the hdd like the 360?

Yes, with every game you purchase, you would have to download the game installer and install said game onto the system.

For example if you wanted to download a game that was 10gb, you would need to have at least 20gb free on your hdd to download the game, then install it after its done downloading. In the end though, it would only use 10gb of hdd space. At least that's how it works with my system. It requires double the space for this process.

If you don't mind deleting the content you don't use or are done with, I think you can get by with 250gb. That's on you though.

I upgraded my ps3 slim to a 1TB hdd and don't even have to worry about space anymore. Love the convenience of just downloading whatever ps+ puts on the IGC (Instant Gaming Collection) without having to worry about space. I been downloading whatever they threw up since march and I still have about 633gb left of free space.

Yes, with every game you purchase, you would have to download the game installer and install said game onto the system.

For example if you wanted to download a game that was 10gb, you would need to have at least 20gb free on your hdd to download the game, then install it after its done downloading. In the end though, it would only use 10gb of hdd space. At least that's how it works with my system. It requires double the space for this process.

If you don't mind deleting the content you don't use or are done with, I think you can get by with 250gb. That's on you though.

I upgraded my ps3 slim to a 1TB hdd and don't even have to worry about space anymore. Love the convenience of just downloading whatever ps+ puts on the IGC (Instant Gaming Collection) without having to worry about space. I been downloading whatever they threw up since march and I still have about 633gb left of free space.
So you wait to download the game then you wait to install the game right?

On average how long does this process take?

random dumb question but can you stream content from a ps3 to an android tablet/ipad?
like the content is on my ps3 and i can watch it from my tablet via dlna or whatever?
nerd.gif
I think it is possible.

Here are some links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PS3_Media_Server

http://www.ps3mediaserver.org/

http://download.cnet.com/PS3-Media-Server/3000-18506_4-75553922.html

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/connectdlna.html

I don't own a ps3, so I can't help you any further than this.

It seems that you have to create ps3 media server.

Load the content that you want to stream to other devices on your ps3.

Then access it from your tablet.

If that doesn't work you can just stream content from your comp to your tablet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom