The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Apparently Dragon’s Dogma 2 added MTX after reviews dropped. I saw something that said $2 to edit your character’s in game look. You also gotta pay for fast travel :lol:

Definitely made this an easy one to pass up on.
This is a bit misleading. Capcom was always upfront about the MTX that were going to be in the game according to reviewers, but they chose to ignore it for a few reasons. Either those options were not going to effect the review at all or they werent worth mentioning because they did not effect the gameplay at all. They have also pointed out that DD1 had similar paid DLC with easy ways to acquire those items in game, and recent games like MoHun, DMC 5, and RE4Make also had paid DLC like this on release. Now, I usually dont support things like this in game nor do I spend money on them, but the point i'm trying to make is that the internet just likes to get mad at things for no reason. :lol:
Spend your money how you want however. I was personally already planning on getting it when it gets bundles with the DLC like Dark Arisen was back in the day.

FFVII doing good in US and EU.
Helldivers tracking close to Spider-Man II is crazy. Considering it probably also cost a fraction of the price. You can see why they're pushing for live service.
PS Portal trucking along as stock comes in.
PS5 hardware also good since last February was the launch of Hogwarts Legacy so keeping up with that is not bad.

Deep into my TLOU2 playthrough now.

Forget the Rat King, Ellie is easily the most terrifying boss in this game.

That demon had me in perpetual hell.
1711217023662.png

Skittering around all over place like a roach when the lights turn on.

Can't take her on head on because that is instant death and it's hard to sneak up on her because she's so quick.

The wave of dread that came over me when EYE hapharzardly hit a chain that alerted her to my location.

She pulled up on me with the quickness and two pieced me with a shotgun blast to the stomach and then finished me off with one to to head.

Called me a ****ing c__nt too when she did IT.
1711217614566.png

Legit screamed when she appeared from outta nowhere like she did instant transmission. :lol:

Didn't think thing could get any worse until EYE realized that she was planting trap mines all over the place after EYE got got by one trying to sneak up on her.

Had Abby hiding in a corner watching Ellie dash around for like 5 minutes after that paralyzed with fear,. :lol: :smh:

The relief when EYE finally "beat" her

denzel-relieved.gif

This game is nuts.

Is that Helldivers II game worth buying/that franchise any good? :lol: They're promoting it all over March Madness these past two days.

It's a great game and it's hilarious how tame that ad makes the game look.

I saw some people upset that people don’t want to settle for 30fps anymore. I get it, there are some great games that are 30fps but I think it bothers people more this gen because higher frames were apart of the marketing this gen. I’m pretty sure they have something like 8K and 120Hz on the box. I also think because a lot of launch games were probably just last gen games ported over to PS5, we were able to get a good start on 60fps. Now we’re going “backwards” and it sucks. I think it’s a lot more noticeable when you’ve played a handful of games at 60fps and then you go back to 30fps.

What, goodbye from software
I enjoyed Red Dead and GTA is straight but 2 games since 2013 isn’t enough for me to keep them over Capcom, FROM and ND. Rockstar could never make another game again and I don’t think I’d notice unless someone brought it up :lol:

Copped a PlayStation portal for my birthday. This thing is pretty dope for what it is. The wife definitely enjoys it cause it keeps me off the main TV 😂

Only thing I can’t comfortably play on it is tekken but everything else helldivers 2(i cannot put this game down) KH, borderlands, souls game I can comfortably play on it and not feel like I’m losing anything.

Finished TLOU 2 last night.

Goodness what a journey.

Game is basically this on repeat :lol:

1711303261702.png

Joel saves his surrogate daughter Ellie in TLOU1 for completely understandable yet selfish reasons potentially robbing humanity of a cure for the cordyceps fungus.

In the process he kills the head doctor who happened to be Abby's dad and she's been waiting in the rafters like Sting for her revenge. Abby sends Joel to Da Shadow Realm in front of Ellie which begins her own revenge tour which ultimately lead to all of Abby's friends getting killed including the man she loves.

During Ellie's initial rampage good guy Jesse gets killed :frown:and Tommy gets maimed. Ellie gets a reprieve from Abby and then goes home to be a family woman with Dina only for Tommy to comebyke and work her into a shoot to go after Abby again. :stoneface:

Crazy self fulfilling prophecy with Ellie saying her worst fear was being alone in Part 1 only for her to end up meeting that fate because she was so hellbent on revenge.

JJ is an adorable little butterball. :emoji_hugging:

Yara. |l

Thank God Lev survived, Abby (and myself) couldn't have handled that. Thought he was a goner when that Big Rattler punched him into Bolivion.

TLOU2 was a bleak, emotionally draining yet amazing story. Splitting the game into Ellie's and Abby's perspective with flashbacks in between was nicely done. EYE enjoyed Abby's portion a bit more though. ND had to introduce her because she was a brand new character and they had to show the motivations behind her killing Joel.

Aside from that her story had much more going on than Ellie's which was just "Revenge! Kill! Grrrr!" :lol:

The entire Yara and Lev story arc; fighting The Rat King in the hospital; the sniper section with Tommy,; rescuing Lev from the Seraphite island; to fighting Ellie *shudders* everything in her story seemed more grandiose.

The ending though with Ellie extending the olive branch to reconcile with Joel on the night before he got killed....right in the feels.

I just finished Ch. 8, 30 hours in:

That scene with Barrett and Dyne :frown:

Maybe it’s just me but the combat is a lot harder in this one. You’ve actually got to assess every enemy and pay attention not just to weaknesses but the details in what staggers and pressures them. I can’t remember every enemy and it sucks to have to pull up that menu all the time.

I hardly used asses at all.
Really? Idk then, maybe I don’t experiment with the abilities enough or don’t switch up weapons etc. I feel like some enemies hardly take damage unless you stagger them which might require you to do something specific like attacking with an ability while they do something specific. Maybe I’m washed :frown:

I just had an assortment of characters with the blue elemental materia attached with another materia like lightning/ice etc so it induces elemental damage with every attack. Eventually Id figure out their weakness just based off whose attack was hitting their weakness. Probably would have been easier to assess but outside of a handful of battle it wasnt needed, on normal at least.

I should probably get some more elemental materia (if possible). I’ve been doing most of the side quests but I couldn’t be bothered with
Chadley. He annoys the hell out of me in this game. He wasn’t as bad in Remake. I saw that you get material from doing some of the combat simulators though so I’m gonna have to push through

You can skip all of the Chadley scenes and dialogue. Thats what i do. Combat simulaters award you materia and enemy skills for the enemy skill materia.

I should probably get some more elemental materia (if possible). I’ve been doing most of the side quests but I couldn’t be bothered with
Chadley. He annoys the hell out of me in this game. He wasn’t as bad in Remake. I saw that you get material from doing some of the combat simulators though so I’m gonna have to push through

It’s also how you get new summons.

Back
Top Bottom