The Official PlayStation Thread Vol. 5 | State of Play Today | Death Stranding 2 | Silent Hill on PSN | Hell Divers | Stellar Blade | Rise of Ronin

Did you copy a PlayStation 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Y'all help me understand the cross-gen issue. I'm not a "gamer" like y'all are so I'm puzzled lol

People believe it comes at the expense of the PS5 version of the game (having it developed for both 4&5).

As for me - I can't say that I really believe that since it generally takes a few years to see what a new console can do regardless. And I also saw the Horizon footage and it looks pretty next gen to me.

Until an actual developer of the game says that the reason they couldn't get a game like Horizon to run 4K60 is because they were also developing for PS4 it doesn't matter to me.

Finished Red Dead 2 - Loved the game might be one of my top all-time. Thinking about getting into Mass Effect next or maybe AC: Odyssey going through a major open world phase haha.

Live action Musou.
Sign me up!

Y'all help me understand the cross-gen issue. I'm not a "gamer" like y'all are so I'm puzzled lol

It's not a big issue in the traditional sense. The PS5 version will look and run better.
You can't fully take advantage of the SSD tech if your game is still on PS4 but like has been said, these cross gen gamesgames started life on PS4 dev kits so might not have made a difference.

We got Ratchet coming out though so it's all good for those who want PS5 only tech.

It’s a nothing burger.

Let the people that cant find a ps5 or afford one atm get new games too.

Why? There are thousands of PS4 games. Big deal a handful of games come out before you get a PS5.

I'm not even saying they all have to be ps5 only, but they couldn't even give us one of Horizon/GOW/GT 7. That's pretty lame, especially if we get the $10 hike.

With those games off the table, there is nothing (post- ratchet) known in the near or distant future for AAA PS5 1st party exclusives, and it would surprise me to see one announced and release before these 3 titles.

It's not the end of the world, but it's not nothing either. It sucks.

Last edited:
Why? There are thousands of PS4 games. Big deal a handful of games come out before you get a PS5.

I'm not even saying they all have to be ps5 only, but they couldn't even give us one of Horizon/GOW/GT 7. That's pretty lame, especially if we get the $10 hike.

With those games off the table, there is nothing known in the near or distant future for AAA PS5 1st party exclusives.

My sentiments exactly.
R&C fans won for sure.

Like if any of those 3 would've been PS5 ONLY
No complaints.
Especially when they knew those 3 games are the arguably the most hyped games for next gen.

Man if SM2 is cross gen we gonna have some problems.

Sony needs to announce quick resume for min 3 games and that stupid expansion m2 whatever drive like yesterday.

With those games off the table, there is nothing known in the near or distant future for AAA PS5 1st party exclusives.

We got returnal last month and ratchet and clank next week. The PS4 player base is bigger no need to leave them behind just yet. They have proven they can release ps5 and PS4 games and take advantage of the ps5 only features like dualsense haptics and ssd without alienating the bigger base atm

Sony gave us 6 first party games that I could think of maybe 7 in the last 8 months with half ps5 exclusive :lol: I mean that’s a hell of a launch year

Going back to the king of fighters talk from yesterday, when the hell did this come out?

such an odd mashup of genres but I need it

I wonder if we will get some GDC talks or interviews about these new games and the compromises they had to make for PS4.

Horizon looks good but what could have done with the SSD if PS4 wasn't involed.

GT7 - I can't see that being cross gen. Has there ever a cross gen GT game? Kaz will probably delay that until there's enough PS5's around :lol:
Could end up being like Battlefield 4 on PS3 vs PS4.

GOW will have more time in the oven so I expect more utilisation of PS5's features compared to Horizon but again Santa Monica are also code monsters like Guerrila so is the CPU/SSD on PS4 going to hold the game back in some way?

It is what it is due to the pandemic and chip shortages.

The gen is only just getting started so still lot more to look forwards to.

Why the hell does a 30 second game update still take 5 minutes to copy on PS5. So dumb.

Might bite on Returnal, would be my first PS5 game. Had no interest in Miles or Demon Souls.

I expected delays from the beginning so no issue with me. Again as long as the games are good it will be fine imo. The next level stuff will come do I’m not worried at all.

Its becoming kinda obvious that the big budget sony AAA games - Horizon, GOW, GT7, games with probably 100 million budgets are releasing cross gen because they need the sales

Whereas smaller budget AAA games - demons souls, returnal, ratchet are PS5 only because the dont need as many sales

picked this up last night after I saw returnal compared to it. Totally worth the $6

Can some explain to me how I preorder the Yuffie DLC on PS5.

I have spent more time than should be necessary to figure it out and I cannot.

I downloaded the PS4 version on my PS5 and there is no prompt for the DLC. I try to preorder Intergrade on the store and it says unavailable due to owning the game already.

Was it included in some deluxe edition at release I forgot about?

Can some explain to me how I preorder the Yuffie DLC on PS5.

I have spent more time than should be necessary to figure it out and I cannot.

I downloaded the PS4 version on my PS5 and there is no prompt for the DLC. I try to preorder Intergrade on the store and it says unavailable due to owning the game already.

Was it included in some deluxe edition at release I forgot about?

i am not sure what is going on but it sounds like they are trying to get you to accidentally drop 70 :lol:

Back
Top Bottom